When did horror became synonymous with jump scares. nowadays we have crap like the conjuring and insidious

when did horror became synonymous with jump scares. nowadays we have crap like the conjuring and insidious.
pic related is the best horror film in a decade easily and plebs hated it.

bump

yes

Wouldn't really call it a horror film
I loved this and I hate horror

What the fuck is this "The Witch was a horror film" meme?

There was nothing remotely unsettling about it. It was really by the numbers. Warlock was a better, more unsettling movie about witchcraft than this shit was.

This.

Sage for shit thread.

Meme horror isn't horror either.

Any films related to The Witch?

Because they're cheap to make. The downward spiral the genre has taken these past years really is a shame.

>There was nothing remotely unsettling about it.
>turning a baby into moisturizer isn't unsetlling

Define the genre of 'horror' and then refer to specific aspects of the movie which distinguish it from horror movies proper.

He can't and he won't because he has no idea what hes even talking about. He will resort to something like
>why don't you prove its horror :^)

The VVitch was THE definition of horror.

The Conjuring and Insidious are objectively GOAT.

I bet you're one of those fuckers who liked It Follows

Yeah, I imagine it's super unsettling... if you're a baby.

Aside from maybe watching an old horror movie over Halloween, have you guys noticed that only really dumb greasy loser like Horror movies?

We get it, you want to kill people but don't have the guts...

one of my best friends loves sixties - seventies Italian horror. he's also one of the cleanest, most personable people i know.

>The Conjuring and Insidious are objectively GOAT.
if you are a pleb ofc...

Just because something ISN'T something else, doesn't mean it's good.

The Witch was so pretentious and stuffed so far up its own ass I could actually hear the director masturbating in the audio track.

Wasn't expecting a legitimate argument out of you anyways user, what I said is definitively correct.

>horror

It's funny because this movie would be a lot better if you went in without the preconception of it being a horror movie. Just call it a dark fairy tale and be done with it.