What is your answer, Sup Forums?

What is your answer, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Impossible to even go the speed of light with any serious mass anyway so it's pointless to guess.

light don't turn

Theoretically it's possible.

/thread

Which one is gear one. Thry aren't labeled. Could be from left to right, could also be from smallest to largest.

kek

guys
what if the 50-teethed gear turns at half the speed of light?

Wich one of them are first?

are both gears made of diamond?

guessing the gear would shear apart from relativistic effects on the outward portion

Left.

light travels at a straight line.
The gears' radial velocity is different, but the linear velocity of the teeth is the same

no, its not

Oh, then, they would open black hole, or open gates to another dimencion or some shit. basicaly no one can move higher than speed of light... so the second gear canot move 2.5 times faster then light...

Make an experiment and prove it then.

even your dubs can't overcome the sheer retardation of what you just said.

The real answer is, you spend too much fucking time looking up ridiculous conundrums on the interwebs to titillate yourself with on /b.

What is the speed of light in a measurable quantity? How does rpm equate to said speed? Can you teach me how to dougie?

I dont think at lhc particles that travel at speed of light, are moving always in straight line...

>Impossible to even go the speed of light with any serious mass anyway so it's pointless to guess.

prove it.

Best comment in the thread holy kek

Accelerating the 50-teethed gear to half the speed of light is the same as accelerating the other gear to the speed of light

prolly the gear would come apart long before this.

My response is,you cant get it to the speed of light. Dont ask me "but if we could",because thats like saiyng "imagine gravity didnt exist". If you break one law of physics a bunch of other shit falls into shit. Even if the first one was moving 99.9% speed of light,the other one should theoretically be moving more,but it wont,it cant and it wont

Particles at LHC are traveling point to point not spinning in place.

You'd strip the gears.

git gud

there is no matter that can handle that force imho

Let's pretend something with mass can go that fast. You would experience time dilation as an observer. Even at the "low speed" of 10% of the speed of light clocks would slow down by around 1%, but if we travel at 95% of the speed of light time will slow down to about one-third of that measured by a stationary observer. So the gears would seem to be moving slowly. E equals MC squared my friend.

>prolly the gear would come apart long before this.

Obviously you're supposed to suspend disbelief and assume the gear will be able to survive this, you stupid fucking fuck.

Science is not there to say what can and can't happen. It deals with "could it happen"? Planes were impossible for millenia, but they could have been invented earlier.

Dude LHC goes in circle to accelerate particles. I was not saying they was spinnig.

peter

E=mc²

The closer you get to the speed of light, the more you need to put energy in it. Anything with a masse need infinite energy to get to the speed of life.

get

This doesn't answered everything. Which is to say that no one fucking asked you.

/thread

>The closer you get to the speed of light, the more you need to put energy in it. Anything with a masse need infinite energy to get to the speed of life.

According to what, some letters on a piece of paper? I said prove it faggot.

what is friction
/thread

OK, but you can't suspend physics just for fun. Look up Dunkerley's method for figuring out the critical speed or a rotating member. Dumbass.

What if it goes 51% the speed of light?

You're a stupid fuck.

What point on the gear? Center edge or outside edge?

Its not possible. If Gear 1 turned at the speed of light the mass of gear 2 would most likely heat up to hotter than the surface of the sun and it would break/melt. The first tooth would be going over 230,000,000 rpm, and since gear 2 the smaller one has less mass it would be going over 1.34 billion rpm.

what if my dick is in your mouth

No, she won't. At least there's not any more of a chance of it happening.

What about this option?

No, it's not.
Fucktard

what are you talkin about. The formula for time dialation goes T=T0/root(1-v^2/c^2) that means the time for the MOVING observer gets shortened compared time to the observer who is stationary. So if someone was spinning on that whell he would experience time to almost stop,but that has nothing to do with stationary people looking at the whell,nothing changes for them really

just assume speed of light at exact center of mass

STFU and lrn2physics faggot

You're a fucking stupid.

light is affected by gravity and therefore does turn

But muh science teacher at muh liberal arts college told me that no is the answer so the answer is no because muh science teacher at muh liberal arts college told me. I'm edmuhcated.

speed of light: linear motion
what is gear 1's circumference?
and which one is gear 1?

The fuck?

anything that involves friction would never reach the speed of light

If we assume that the 50 tooth gear is 1 meter in diameter then the answer is 749 481 145 m / s. which is simply the Speed of Light x 2.5. Assumed that else being equal and compliant. An infinite amount of energy is required to move a finite mass near the speed of light. Since infinite energy is not available to your two member gear train then it will not even get close to that speed. Even one Atom of Hydrogen cannot exist at the speed of light. But that Atom can be destroyed to the point that Photons are emitted which is some pretty basic shit so yeah.

He said just assume speed of light at exact center of mass

not really tho
space is affected by gravity
light just goes straight in a curved space
which appears to be a curved trajectory to an observer standing in a straight space

generally accepted that according to the general theory of relativity, the large gear achieving the speed of light will cause time to slow, and the "faster" it goes "past" the speed of light causes time to slow even further, eg. lights a cunt, and wont let anyone pass.

if you got a problem with it, talk to stephen hawking.

my answer is light speed travel is impossible, only near light speed is obtainable even then thats theoretical

The gear has to accelerate. I would break into pieces long before the outer teeth got close to lightspeed.

Theoretically can't spin at a speed faster than the speed of light. I'm assuming that the speed you are naming it's linear speed.
If you weren't so retarded you would know that it's impossible to make anything go over the speed of light. Because it would disintegrate. Literally.
Open your books and study. Also pay attention in class and don't be idiots.

They would probably disintegrate. I don't know too much about physics but i thought faster than light anything was only possible at a quantum level?

counter-clockwise ?

Anything with mass will never reach lightspeed even without friction.

Hmm..... I like the way you science, friend

q

Does it matter?

well yeah
light has a positive speed

yeah it sort of is. The theory of relativity hasnt been broken yet,and if it is,it will be with teleportation and space warping,not with making wheels go faster than light. That kind of thing is definitely impossible

good job.

except, if the SPROCKETS are PERFECTLY balanced, ultra high rpms are possible.

The gears would be annihilated as their particles collided fast enough to undergo fusion.

this would only work if the gears were made from Unobtanium

Mechanical force only propagates at the speed of light. The gear would compress down to nothing.

Then the atoms in the smaller gear would also move at half the speed of light.

If they went that fast they would probably end up sucking the dick of friction.

Do you know that speed of light is a linear speed?

Not if they are made from Unobtainium

gear two would satisfy your mom

If we assume that it's possible for a gear to turn AT the speed of light, then it should be eaqually as possible for the second gear to turn at 2.5 times the speed of light.

But it's all irrealavant, since the speed of light isn't measured in HZ.

And If something somehow could "turn at the speed of light", then we could just make gear 1 infinitely small, which would make the radial speed of the second gear smaller than the first, meaning there's no breaking the laws of physics today, pal.

only beacause u can think it, its not possible even theoratically idiot

Time would be slowed by about 86% it's original speed.

pretty sure speed of light is just the regular kind of speed

This is best answer.

u are all dumb fucks - speed of gear is the same - point of contact moves at the speed of light, it does not mater how many rpm they have - if one turns at the speed of light other one does as well.

If this worked the only use would be to finally prove that cunt einstein was wrong

F = MA, if one gear turns at the speed of light it shears the fucking teeth off the other gear. in fact, the gear probably detonates from centrifugal force...

>light speed is impossible
>wats tachyons
Today u will lern somting new

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

>hypothetical particle

then it would still lose to the Trump

Light is linear, the speed of light is just a referenceL

gear two is converted to energy as it reaches the speed of light before gear one (and of course at that speed its mass become a related amount of energy according to E = mc²). then as gear one finally accelerates to its stated velocity of c, it too is converted completely into energy.

way to destroy two perfectly good gears op.

Let me provide with the only logical explanation.

In theory, nothing is faster than the speed of light.
In reality, there is practically no limit for speed in the universe.

So if gear 1 would spin at the speed of light, then gear 2 would go at 2,5 times the speed of light.

Lot of physicists would be losing their minds like polling station did during trumps victory, and physical laws will need to be rewritten.

We as humans understand only a fraction of what is possible in the universe and still cling to laws when visiting its boundaries.