Snoop Dogg is sick of slave movies

usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/05/30/snoop-dogg-urges-roots-boycott-social-media/85158354/

>"I'm sick of this. ... How the fuck they gonna put Roots on Memorial Day?" a subdued Snoop Dogg asks in the selfie video. "They just going to keep beating that (expletive) into our heads as to how they did us, huh?"

Is Snoop Dogg right or wrong in saying he's sick of slave movies? Putting aside his hood lingo, I've noticed this among other black people too in which they've become sick of the constant slave stories in the media.

What do you guys think? Do slave movies further a cycle of white guilt and black hatred? Should their be more movies focusing on exploring the modern black experience and showing that opression isn't the only narrative of that community?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJwrZ4DmZqg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

South Park do this shit really well all the time.
>majority want to to convince minority they are sympathetic and understanding to their cause
>go over the top and end up isolating minority further
>minority feels uncomfortable

liberals love bringing up the past. look at all the Holocaust documentaries on all the history channels that play constantly. white people need to be reminded 24/7 of the horrible things they did.

it's cuz the black community KNOWS this shit happened, it's the rest of the country and other countries that's learning this shit.

yes, because unlike conservatives they're not ignorant of suffering, in hopes to stop it from happening again. like political parties making up huge conspiracy theories about the evil of government regulated immigration.

DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT

it's a circlejerk among the "enlightened".

It's pretty much just people signaling to other likeminded about how fucking progressive they are, not realising they are putting a minority on a pedestal, making them even more of a token pet than they all ready are.

12 Years A Slave actually being the exeption due to the director being black, but the academy award ceremony was just fucking cringy as hell when they had all the black actors standing on the stage while a majority white audience stood and applauded.

Black people are more than capable of making movies about their own lives and social situations, there just this backwards thinking in the progressive left that they cant do it without "white men" letting them have more prominent roles in movies. That's pretty much saying "We dont actually believe you can do this on your own, heres a lead in a movie you can have so we can feel better about our selfes."

bet he's not sick of "empowering" gangsta movies

Snoop's always come across like a real good dude. I've never even thought of this situation, so I don't have an opinion, but I sure as hell don't disagree with him. I can see where he's coming from.

that conjoined fetus lady was an ungrateful bitch

>even though america is a white country only black audiences should be there for black starts

nigger stfu

I'm tired of people pretending Snoop Dogg is anything more than a human meme

>they're not ignorant of suffering

you're right, making mad bank off of emotionally manipulative melodramas is irrefutable proof of this.

of course, they are ignorant of any form of slavery or genocide that hasn't been committed by white males, such as the slavery still ongoing in Africa.

t. useful idiot.

yea...he is a real good dude, ain't he?

I hate white guilt.
>W-WE'RE SORRY WE WUZ SLAVERS!!! MY DEAD GRANDFATHER WASN'T VERY NICE TO U I'M SORRY!!!!! :((((((((((((( PLEASE FORGIVE MY DEAD GRANDFATHER AND ENTIRE RACE!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=FJwrZ4DmZqg

I think you should hate your presumably white ancestors more. They were the ones who brought black slaves to America. You are know paying for their sins and will continue to do so in the forseeable future.

Yeah, should have just let their own people genocide them. It's the natural course for that area anyway.

he is 100% correct

sheeeeeeeeeeeeit

Based snoop

Or in my case
> im sorry my ancestors were.... in europe during the american slavery... but I guess they mightve seen slaves a millennia ago, if they werent slaves themselves.... I dont really know.

I now wonder how many black creators have ideas that are not:

> muh slavery
> muh hood
> muh African ancestry
> muh oppression

And just want to tell pure escapism or else something 90° from the same old same old? How many are there and how many of them are drowned out by those who will play that game?

You think any black person sees another black person and thinks "your ancestor's tribe sold my ancestor's tribe into slavery!!!!!"

Fuck off my ancestors came over in the late 1800s from norway and ireland and settled in the midwest. I have literally nothing to feel guilty about.

YES. I don't even watch slave movies anymore because I'm sick of them. I'd much rather trade Oscar-bait slave movies for modern stories about the different black experiences in America. And just have more movies starring black people where race doesn't matter.

i think slave movies are pretty boring just because it's stories that have been told before a million times. one good criticism i have heard is that the slavery movies actually distract from the current issues black people are facing

>like political parties making up huge conspiracy theories about the evil of government regulated immigration.

Yeah, it's working really well for them

Snoop is literally and figuratively right

You fucking what? Slavery isn't a secret senpai.

>honkey detected

What! A movie staring black characters where the premise doesn't revolve around slavery and racism. That's crazy talk!

Really makes you think... Hmmm...

no, but most of them probably should. especially central africans to western africans.

Nerd

History Channel was the Holocaust Channel 10 years ago. Now it's the Reality Show Channel.

>History is made every day :^)

>It's pretty much just people signaling to other likeminded about how fucking progressive they are
Replace "progressive" with "red-pilled" and you just described this board.

Daily reminder that black culture is bringing itself down.

Oh wow, that's an old episode. You must be an oldfag? I haven't seen that one since I was in 4th grade myself.

>implying we need a reminder
Everyone knows this.

Snoop has been pretty right the last couple of years.

Old age and finally maybe slowing down on the gangja has made him more self aware.

>Should their be more movies focusing on exploring the modern black experience and showing that oppression isn't the only narrative of that community?

Probably. But the problem is two fold. There's no money for it, and even if there was there is no genuine talent to produce anything worth paying to see.

If you wanted to make a positive movie about the black experience in modern America it would have to be made by a white person because I can think of no competent black directors. Maybe Spike Lee, but his movies almost always turn into a victim story, not that experience is a story that shouldn't be told, just that in this case wouldn't be the intention.

Everything that Tyler Perry has made is horrendous shit.

>Do slave movies further a cycle of white guilt and black hatred?
yes
Should their be more movies focusing on exploring the modern black experience and showing that opression isn't the only narrative of that community?
as long as its not at the expense of entertaining movies

spike lee needs work i guess

Remember when John Singleton made Boyz N the Hood? Good times.

If white people were really doing that it would be funny as shit.

I think they should just make brutal and brutal slave movies year after year. No story even just a black guy getting whipped

this post
is the stupid version of this post

What about Ava DuVernay, the woman who made "Selma" or Rick Famuyiwa, the guy who made "Dope" and is directing the DCEU's "The Flash"?

Russ > Snake

>because I can think of no competent black directors.

Maybe you should actively seek out films made by blacks instead of waiting to be spoonfed like a pleb.