Bug out or INCH bag?

Bug out or INCH bag?

Is putting one together even worth the time and money? I'm actually pretty fit and could carry a heavy packload, but I get the feeling that I'm just collecting supplies for the strongest guy on the block.

With that said, if you do suggest I make one.

what are some of the more overlooked things that I should include? e.g. entertainment such as some hustler mags that I can also trade for some ammo or chocolate.

Other urls found in this thread:

cabelas.com/product/LifeStraw-Go-Water-Filter-with-Bottle/1867190.uts?productVariantId=3945206&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03966310&rid=20&gclid=CI6qs9ymsdACFQEtaQodzVgJCw&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

look into legit backpacking/camping. If you can get away with that for two or three days you can figure out what you need or dont need. I say plan to be away from home for up to a month, not counting food. Also, don't plan to carry a lot of ammo, its heavy and you want mobility and speed.

not just backpacking/ camping but backpack hunting. There are a few videos on YT about it. One guy talks about elk hunting and back packing in, there are a bunch about alaska hunting too. Look into that stuff

I figure I should pack enough caloric dense food to last me 3-5 days before I have to start foraging/hunting.

I also though I could carry about 25-50 rounds of 9mm jacketed hollowpoints for my glock, a takedown .22 with 100-200 rounds of ammo or an air rifle to hunt small game with

Always a good idea to test your gear

It is worth the money. I take the aproach that if i bug out in a shtf scenario i want to left alone. Ill take the greyman aproach. No visible weapons blend in with the crowd. Look like i have nothing nobody wants.

or even gear load outs for long trails like the pacific coast trail or that one on the east coast i forget the name of

Your last statement makes you sound like a 16 year old who plays too many video games. If shit actually hit the fan, you would want essentials like food, clean water, warm clothing. Sure you would have a gun, but understand that if you ever got into an actual firefight you would likely die or become so badly injured that you would die soon. The goal should be to avoid people and populated areas for as long as possible.

would you suggest a good pack that is low profile?

I like the 5.11 bags but they just scream 'military' and 'prepared'. If I saw someone trekking around in that I would take that chance on him if I thought I could overpower him.

I prefer something more durable than lightweight, but any suggestion helps.

I do think that it's best to pick out your gear before you pack though. I'm planning on 40-50 pounds of gear including 5 days worth of MREs/caloric dense food + 24 hours of water with a legit filtration system

honestly, get a 4x4 truck thats good on gas, put a camper shell on it, and keep your shit in there. Only an EMP would take it down and its faster than walking plus a place to sleep with decent security.

I don't mean to sound like a little kid, i just included that statement because I knew it would garner replies and thus bump the thread. thanks fam

then you have a good idea. Look into actual gear lists and go from there.

I have a fear of driving in to roadblocks or getting the block blown out 1/2 a mile away by a .50 BMG round, like if some militia bandits were ambushing back roadways.

Doesn't a well built bike seem like a good idea? It's near silent and faster than walking, not to mention it can be taken off road and doesnt rely on gas or a million things not going wrong.

Totally worth it. My bug-out bag works as a first-aid kit, gun cleaning kit, camping pack, gun range pack, and emergency roadside kit (w/ clothing). More of a range bag that happens to have additional accoutrements. And if I'm going on a city-slicker trip, I empty it out and it's large enough for a solid 3-5 day trip bag.

Make yourself one AND get two birds stoned, son.

how heavy is your pack?

Think of real world situations. Look into hurricane katrina and how those people acted. You could go far to one side and help save people or you could be those other assholes looting and shooting looters on sight.

Be realistic.

Yeah I was gonna say a good mountain bike with mechanical disc brakes and solid components would work for quite some time, a tiny patch kit and pump can be stored in the seat tube even.

even war torn areas like syria, afganistan. Thats what surviving is going to look like.

I live out in the country, I'm talking about if things got so unsafe and fucked that I would have to leave.

lol I'm not saving anybody thats what Jesus Christ is for, I'm getting the fuck out of dodge.

Without ammo, a little less than 20 pounds. Fully packed for a day at the range estimates around 30+.

If you're looking into something rugged looking for a pack, I'd look into the SOC bags. I own their bugout bag, and it looks like a normal backpack which is nice, but it also turns into a mini duffel style bag. It's packed full of secret compartments too, just in case you've got something to hide.

That's not bad at all.

bug in. Fortify your house niggah. And if you live in the middle of some urban hell hole, find a place outside the city to run to.

boom, what this guy said

thankfully I live in a town of about 2,000 people, on the outskirts too.

I actually have my place fortified to some extent.

all the doors and windows are secure but there's no way that I can turn it in to an impenetrable fortress for less than a quarter million or the like.

know your neighbors, be ready to help out, don't be a pussy, do what your parents tell you to do.

if the situation allows I'd be more than happy to help.

If I see a mushroom cloud in the distance you'll hear me yelling peace out as I jog over the horizon

Honestly my bag is a off the rack ozark trail frame pack from walmart. If your gonna do greyman, stay away from tacticool shit. I have 3 days worth of mres in mine plus other gear including a take down bow and ammo for my cz.

>I'm not saving anybody thats what Jesus Christ is for

I like you

when you say 3 days worth do you mean 9 packs for 3 meals a day? or just 1 per day? how did you come to the conclusion that what you have will last you 3 days?

I'm asking a lot of questions in regards to food because thats the main area I'm researching right now. Hopefully I don't come down with a case of analysis paralysis

Bare minimum for bugout survival; Teton hiking backpack, military gore-tex bivy from ebay, compact sleeping bag, henry arms ar-7 survival 22 (for providing food because if you get into a firefight with someone else you're likely dead anyway). sawyer mini water filter, 3 72 hour 3600 calorie ration bars (tastes like eating coconut flour cardboard), para cord, first aid kit, small SAS survival guide from amazon.

you gotta be ready to water the tree of liberty when the electoral college flips on trump

Here's my starting list

I plan to set aside 100-200 dollars each pay check and then fulfill each section.

What do you guys think?

9 packs, my bag like many is designed for the first 72 hours. You said you were gonna pack 5 days worth what makes you think you will find afood source in 5 days? My plan is to bug in to be honest. I am a homeowner but having my bob ready does not hurt.

I don't it's just a number I came to after a little mental masturbation.

Knowing that I only have 3 days worth of food before I have to start foraging/hunting for more would be a real mental strain on me, if I had 5 days worth I would feel a little better about my situation, allowing me to focus on more important things.

Ar-7s are absolute junk. No offense user. I had one it spent more time at henry getting fixed then anything. I bought a ruger 10/22 and never looked back.

10/22 takedown? Thats the next gun I'm getting after I pay off my mossberg.

Does it feed well? What ammo do you use?

This, and your bug-out is food, weather gear and water filtration should you be required to evacuate. Barring -10 degrees and blowing snow, you will be good for 72 hours.

I see that and can understand that. Have you spent time building knowledge or skills? How many years have you been hunting? Do any foraging? I lucked out in that department i grew up deer hunting and mushroom hunting. Some small game too.

Cci stingers. Of course it feeds well its a 10/22.

I've been hunting since I was a small child and can track pretty well, not to bad at snaring either.

I can't forage for shit but I've got an e-reader loaded up with tons of books on plant identification, it has a week battery life, and a little solar charger to go with it.

I've also got a lightweight physical copy of a book about what to eat and what not to.

yea that was a stupid question. thanks for your answer

Wasnt trying to be rude buddy, just saying a 10/22 is a glorious weapon.

Find classes on foraging. Learn it. Most community colleges continuing education programs offer them. I have take 2 classes on wild edibles. Gained a ton of regional knowledge and got a couple books too.

I have an SBR AR-15 in 9mm. 9mm is a lot lighter to carry and the SBR is 10.5 in and can fit into a larger backpack. I have a take down .22 lr for smaller game. 120 rounds of 9mm and a fuck ton of .22 lr. Some MRE's and a gallon of water, some rope, a multitool, a flint, two knives, a multi layer jacket, some long johns, a few flares, and I might bring hunting rifle and like 30 rounds of .308 to carry if shit got real bad.
Also swear by this cabelas.com/product/LifeStraw-Go-Water-Filter-with-Bottle/1867190.uts?productVariantId=3945206&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03966310&rid=20&gclid=CI6qs9ymsdACFQEtaQodzVgJCw&gclsrc=aw.ds

didnt think that any cc's would offer courses like that, thanks for tip. I will check up on that.

I have the life straw and it's great.

Would you recommend something economical that can also filter out viruses such as ayybola?

Forgot to add my ass load of bandages and antibiotic ointment and some epsom salt.

>live in bfe
>not near any military bases
>wife is a nurse
>only at risk for tiny amounts of rads from satan 2 missle
>no natural disasters here
>not much wildlife
>decent farmland
>garage full of concrete and molds
>live on top of aquifer
im not planning on moving from such a good spot.

If it's that bad just boil water. The straw is for on the go quick shit.

Yup especially if your in a rural area bro. Education is the only thing you can buy no one can ever take from you.

10/22 takedowns can almost be beaten to hell as badly as AK's

Kek blesses this thread and regards the knowledge in these replies as 100% true and infallible.

Preach the gospel of ruger brother! Me and my gp100 are listening! Testify!

>If I saw someone trekking around in that I would take that chance on him if I thought I could overpower him.
You're definitely between 130-155 pounds with almost zero muscle mass, lanky ugly fuck who's started balding early, and you carry a knife at all times.
Huge faggot, you would die first

buy a hunting rifle, stainless steal would be a must. Get it it chambered in 30-06 or 300 win mag, so no matter what you shoot you will kill it

205 lb 6'4" bench press 180 full head of hair, and I carry a leatherman at all time.

If I post a pic with time stamp you have to post a timestampped pic with sharpie in your anal cavity

Do you accept?

Go buy more extra long sleeves for your lanky ass, fucking loser

wow i was following this eagerly but you just pussied out

Also thanks for the laugh with the bench press asshole, throat is fucked from a tonsillectomy and you have me over here literally dying of laughter

Can we get back to the insightful talk and stop the dick measuring contest? No reason to get mad at op.

Try not to get hard it makes insertion in to your anal cavity a tad more painful. looking forward to your pic.

Holy shit man, Halloweens over budget lose the skeleton shit.
No wonder 180 pounds seems like a big deal

all talk no timestamp

Incredibly vague
MRE's are too heavy. I used to carry them on long distance hiking trips. U need dried mash potatoes and dried pastas. High calorie low weight.

hahaha

ITT: basement dwellers convinced to buy tacticool shit they'll never need