Catholicism Thread:

General Catholicism, questions about the faith,
defense of the faith, philosophy talk.

>2016
>not being a part of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

DEUS VULT

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosticteachings.org/
gnosticteachings.org/courses/christ-the-mystery-of-light/1714-christ-the-mystery-of-the-light.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm not Catholic
>Christian
>I still post Deus Vult memes

>Catholic
Everybody knows that protestants are the movers and shakers in Christianity.

you don't have to be catholic to support the conquering of the cancer to the world known as Islam.

>2016
>not part of the church of the flying spaghetti monster

movers of nothing
shakers of their peepees.

Elaborate, user?

Cause i wanna fuck thai ladyboys

get that mental illness shite out of my holy thread

I'm not a Catholic because all variants of Judaism - including Catholicism and Christianity - are mind control/enslavement programs used to disconnect people from true spirituality.

"Save your souls" my ass. The best way to save your soul is to study physics, chemistry, mathematics, sacred geometry, kundalini, and the Law of One (the books, not the modern cults).

Enjoy your enslavement, though, OP. Anyone with a brain might learn a lesson from you.

enslavement to what exactly? I go to Holy Mass on Sundays, adhere to the laws of God and the Church. Nothing less, I'm not sure what you're implying.

k

I leave for FIVE fucking minutes and you guys can't hold a single thread?

AWAY WITH YOU, HERETIC!

DEUS VULT!

bumping for the faith

COME ON YOU HEATHENS, DISCUSS!

You wouldn't believe it if I just told you everything outright.

Why aren't priests allowed to have sex or even orgasm? Why is the church so hardline against extramarital sex and homosexuality?

You're controlled by the same people who killed Wilhelm Reich. The Vatican is NOT trying to save your soul.

If you want real legitChristianity, based on what Jesus actually taught, go here: gnosticteachings.org/

Catholicism is not real Christianity. They would kill you very quickly if they caught you openly teaching the truth. Real Christianity is very, very rare these days.

Do you have sauce for a fellow heretic?

>Pope not infallible

Faggot

I wish, it seem sunsaucable

keckle

catholics especialy dago catholics are hypocritical piles of fail

come join the rest of the civilized world in the 21st csntury and cease being afraid of vaginas faggotrons

Priests are married to the faith you ignorant fool. They aren't allowed to have sex because sex's only purpose in nature is for procreation. Responsible procreation is in a family, to two people who are married. Since priests cannot marry, since they are married to the faith -- they have no need to procreate. and therefore, no reason to orgasm/ejaculate.

"controlled" i mean, for all intents and purposes, the faith doesn't give a fuck what I do outside of the rules it lays out to maintain complete unity with the Holy See.

>kek gnosticism
I'm sure you're on SUCH a higher intelligence level there, gnostic.

Papal Infallibility is reserved for when he is in-persona Christi, which means "acting in the person of Christ." which is NOT all the time. The Vicar of Christ is not a position that is achieved by being ignorant in the faith.

East Orthodox master race.

The Pope is a cuck.

What true Christian would want more rapefugees into rightful Christian Europe?

>makes a claim
>does not go in-depth as to why he is making this claim

>futhermore claims people who believe in a supernatural being are less intelligent

you're new here, huh?

Try this: gnosticteachings.org/courses/christ-the-mystery-of-light/1714-christ-the-mystery-of-the-light.html

its a position recieved by chugging alot of semen from older priests as you rise through the ranks

Does god ever change his mind?
>No, he can't be wrong, why would change anything?
Then praying is useless?

>Making up strawman arguments to try to prove his point

Revelations Nein:69
And Jesus said to his desciples: I do not want to be crucified a virgin. So he had an orgy with them and told the twelve not to speak of this with anyone. In the end Judas wrote a secret scripture of it, secretly. So the lamb of God got royally pissed.

>implying a supernatural being responsible for the creation of literally everything in existence is bound to the same laws of physics and reason that we are

what you basically said is
>my brain is too small to think and comprehend that there may be something of a higher magnitude than myself.

>sex's only purpose in nature is for procreation

Nooooo. No. Not at all. That's why Wilhelm Reich named his energy discoveries "orgone" before he was jailed under false pretenses and murdered...

Priests aren't allowed to have sex because sex discharges spiritual energy, you ignorant fool.

When you fuck someone, you exchange energy with them and can catch psychic STDs, and if you orgasm, it decreases the amount of electricity your body generates.

>the faith doesn't give a fuck what I do outside of the rules it lays out to maintain complete unity with the Holy See

Translation: the church doesn't care what I do as long as I remained plugged directly into a spiritual enslavement program that controls my energy and there form mind and soul at the etheric level.

Fucking cuck.

>I'm sure you're on SUCH a higher intelligence level there, gnostic.

Ad hominem attacks don't really help your case, because they point out that you don't have any legitimate criticism.

At least someone here might read my posts and save themselves, even if you can't be saved.

Prove to me, beyond any doubt, that your religion is true and that I would benefit from joining it.
If you can do that, sure I'll join.

>My brain is too small because I dont think a magic wizard is in space

All of existence is here. It is real and legitimate.
The big bang may have created everything as we know it, but what caused the big bang, do you seriously believe there was NOTHING before anything? It's ludicrous and defies the very laws of nature that atheists idolize.

So, we've established there's something greater than literally the universe. SOMETHING is responsible for the creation of everything. Now think about everything in history, all of life and the world. How is it that everything works together in such harmony? The world is so refined. Almost as if something intelligent designed it that way.

Continue with questions and I will answer them.

I went to Aberdeen Roncalli for 12 years. I was an alter boy thank god the priest was a drunk instead of a molester. We would be at mass in the morning and he was drinking wine from a beer glass at 7:30 am.
Fast forward 20 years
>find woman I want to marry
>go to church to ask what we have to do
>priest tells me our marriage won't be recognized
>Because she was not baptized in our church
>says our kids and wife cannot participate
>takesalligotnottopunchoutthisfag.com
>faggot priest says out marriage will not be recognized
>switch to to Lutheran
Catholicism is a cult
Fuck Catholicism they have raped so many children and got away with it
>I still have to go to a mass now and again with my parents and it sickins me

cause I want to fight the demons when the apocalypse begins

you realize that all she has to do is attend a few weeks of RCIA to become a catholic, and validate your marriage, and your kids can then be baptized and participate, right?

Worry not brother, I still seek to bring down the walls of Jerusalem.

>DEUS VULT

Jesus quoted Moses about exodus. All science says exodus never happened. Let this thread unravel your Jewish enslavement. Catholicism doesn't even follow the Bible.

"Look at how big and complex all this is. That fact alone clearly proves the completel infallible accuracy of a cult run by a senior citizen, frequented by child molestors, and based upon a collection of ancient desert scribblings written by psychotic people.

kek.

But do you have any evidence that YOUR religion is true, other than the long-debunked "clockwork theory"?

->that is funny

>any flavor christian that supports jews
Disgusting

I'm sorry man, but just because we don't know what caused it, I won't go "god did it".
The laws of nature didn't become a thing before shortly after the big bang happened, so we have no way of knowing what laws preceded them and if there was literally nothing before the big bang.
Since the entire universe is the only true closed system we know of, I find it highly likely that order came out of chaos through natural causes, since all planets that can support life, must also be near a star to do so. The star supplies energy to these planets and thus life has a chance of forming.
Also I think everything works so well together because all living things evolved along side each other, creating niches and symbiotic connections while that happened.
So no, your first arguments don't really convince me to move on in my questioning. We're still at the start in my opinion. Why would the universe need a creator if all of it's content could form naturally?

you expect me to lay out every teaching of the church in a single post? I said ask me questions, if you're not serious about learning, then I am not serious about teaching.

So what's your point?

>Catholicism doesn't even follow the Bible.

I'm well aware. Unlike Catholicism, the Bible has occasional useful spiritual information, even if most of it is bullshit.

>All science says exodus never happened.

Um... about what, in particular? Mainstream science is not any better than mainstream religion, as evidenced by the Wilhelm Reich thing.

I'm serious about learning. I just don't think you have anything to teach.

Prove me wrong. Where's the evidence? If you have any, I'll change my mind.

That was another user replying, this was my reply.

You're missing the point.
The point is that something MUST have created the universe, preceding the big bang.

Do you really believe that everything in existence was spontaneously generated from the void? God is being used a semantic for truly created the Universe.

>Why would the Universe need a creator if all of it's content could form naturally?

Prove to me that the Universe was created out of nothing. That's right, you cannot. Sure, I can't PROVE that God ACTUALLY created anything (short of using God as a semantic for whatever or whomever truly did create the universe)

But I mean, come on, is sacrificing an hour of your time and being a genuinely decent person too much a price to pay for the chance that at eternal salvation? I mean, at this point it's pretty 50/50. Why gamble with your soul like that to begin with?

checked

So you don't know what happened before the universe started; therefore, you know what happened before the universe started.

What?

I mean it's pretty self evident that something
preceded the big bang?

But I try to be a good person without the need to please some deity though.
You set up this scenario where I will be a horrible person if I don't join. The problem in that though is that I'm not a horrible person(In spite of what some low self esteem and years of bullying taught me).
I generally do my best to treat everyone nice and including them in what I do, because I know how it feels to be the outcast.
If they give me sufficient reason not to treat them nicely, I let them do them and just do my own thing away from them.
I've read a bunch of studies that indicate that the human sense of morality came from a survival perspective. If you could figure out how to not antagonize the other tribes of your area, a larger part of your species had a better chance of survival. I don't mind making an effort to be good without expecting a reward from others or an afterlife, because I know in myself I did good.

So it's your own pride that prevents you from possibly living eternally with the king of the universe? I don't understand your logic. If you're already committed to being a good and wholesome person, Why is doing it in the name of God a bad thing?

Right. So where do you make the connection between the big bang, and Catholicism?

This is what confuses me.

I'm establishing that there is most probably a supernatural being, who is responsible for the creation of the universe first. We're starting at the basics, of course.

Why attribute all of my actions to a being that no one can prove to exist, when I can explain why I do said actions?
It's not about pride, it's about knowing that I do things because I think they are the right things to do, not to avoid punishment from an otherworldly father figure.
Look at it this way, I took the teachings of the church so much to heart, that I don't need the church or punishment from god to remind me anymore.

Catholicism is dying. The priest rapist shit was the end for me. Plus when we go to a mass on a holiday they say "lets have our catholic children come up for a story" this pisses me off cause my small children are not included.
I have realized that Catholicism is a cult and I am not interested
Plus it is historical fact that the Vatican moved the natzi leaders to South America
This is true whether you admit this or not
This Is a part of history

lmao go suck the pope off
Protestantism only way

So why not evangelize for the teaching of the church to make the rest of the world a better place too? That's what the church really is. Us. People. by contributing you're bringing God's glory to all people, and perpetuating a better world for everyone.

The whole priest molestation thing was a very isolated incident. Are you implying that all priests are pedophiles because of what a few did? That's like saying that because a white man murdered another person, that all white men are murderers. It doesn't make sense. I've been catholic since I was 14, Adults aren't even allowed to be with children without at least one other youth or adult present.

Because it's 2016 user, your living 1000 years in the past.

There could have been other big bangs before the big bang that caused our observable universe to be in the state it is in right now, which could either imply a multiverse, or just one universe that is eternal.

Still, you run into the same paradox. What created it originally?

Because if Roderigo Borgia can buy the papcy, your religion is a fucking joke.

I know you will have no response for this because it is true. So many children's lives ruined because of rapist catholic priests. They will never recover and are scared for life. Shame on you for still being a catholic and shame in this religion.

Created what originally? What is "it"?

Where did god come from? Primary mover runs into the same problem.

ugh but you're both so cancerous

I long ago stopped trying to change the world, I had a nervous breakdown from trying to do that.
The only things I can control are my behavior and how I treat others. If they get inspired to act like me because of it, it's nice, but still their decision, not my doing. I didn't actually grow up with the church, but I did grow up with some of the catchphrases is uses to tell people how to be good.
I grew up behaving like this because my parents taught me that everyone would have a more pleasant time if we treated each other fairly. Not once did they threaten me with eternal damnation for not being a nice person, they just explained the consequences of it and that was enough.
Why put into the domain of god, what could just as easily be attributed to proper child rearing?

He didn't buy it. Politics exist even in the church, fool.

see The only thing we've been talking about, the universe.

You don't have to be Islamic to be a fundamentalist retard.

Thinking about converting, actually. There's a wicked cathedral not far from where I live.
Any advice?

>The only thing we've been talking about, the universe.
If by "universe," you mean physical reality, then no. If by "universe," you mean the entirety of space-time, then still no.

Well, after Bin Laden I doubt about catholicism

Perhaps, But when you believe in a supernatural being with all the power in the universe, it becomes exponentially easier to accept the fact that he is simply eternal. This is the only even fathomable explanation for existence anyway, as it's ridiculous to imply that all of everything simply came into existence at complete random chance -- especially because "random chance" wasn't even in existence. Because there was literally NOTHING.

The Church doesn't threaten anyone with Eternal Damnation, in fact there is no sin that God cannot forgive. It's like a father who has an unruly child, They can mess up, and misbehave, and can be punished, but at the end of the day, he still loves his child and forgives them. Fear is an effective tool, however it's not one the Church uses.

It was bought. And Roderigo was a consumate politician and one of the most hedonistic, ambitious, and morally bankrupt people who ever lived. If he can represent the church, sorry, your religious structure is broken.

If you want to be retarded you could just drink more or get vaccinated and still have fun on your sundays

Another idea is that space-time, along with some sort of energy is eternal.

Its actually for all intensive purposes not 'intents and purposes'

Fuck you this shit was rampant there were thousands that were raped. Most priests back 30-50 years did this and became priests because they were not attracted to women. They were fighting their pedo/homo urges. After becoming priests they started raping their alterboys. Again this is fact

Speak to whomever works in the Church Office, they'll direct you to their RCIA program. Talk to the local priest or deacon there if you can. Funny enough, many catholics are ignorant about their own faith, So really, only take advice from someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Chances are, anyone actively involved with or employed by the Church does.

Oh and, there are no stupid questions.

Intelligent design is a flawed idea from the ground up.

Yeah, you say you don't use fear.
But in the op you say
>Why do you live in sin and hedonism?
>Convert now, and save your souls.
This implies, if you don't believe as me, you will be punished.
If your religion was solely about being a good example to others, why is the concept of hell needed?

>this is fact
>posts no facts

Okay, now prove that energy is eternal. again, you cannot. Your reasoning for rejecting God is exactly the same reasoning someone could use for rejecting your philosophy.

it was a joke, any sunday catholic knows that God is the only one who passes judgement on a soul. However, as he has commanded us to live in a sinless and pure way, it is reasonable to assume that he will pass favorable judgement on those who follow his word. But again, for all I know, Hitler could be in Heaven. it's entirely up to God.

lets get this thread back on track with some ylyl! DEUS VULT!

>Why aren't you catholic Sup Forums?
Because I already submit to the will of Allah.

I never used that possibility for rejecting God. I don't disbelieve in the existence of God, I merely lack belief in his existence. I was merely pointing out that there is an alternative to your idea of a God creating the universe. I cannot prove that energy is eternal, but that does not prove your belief in the existence in God either.

So you put the responsibility of judgement onto God. That's just a way for you to go "oh according to this guy I believe in, you're a horrible person and I believe him. But don't worry, I'm not the one judging you, so no reason to get cross at me for it."

So, we finally come to the concept of faith. Faith is what we live by. Faith is the belief in something. What do you have to lose by believing in God? You can ONLY gain.

I hate kneeling and I don't believe in spending money for salvation....

Trust in Odin, weak Christian OP, and the halls of Vahalla may one day be yours to roam...

>pic unrelated

You know know Hitler be gettin the VIP treatment in heaven nigga!

This.

I mean, think of the law. We have the law, it is written down. And a Court Judge is still the only one who actually passes judgement. There are many lawyers in the court room, but only one judge. and his decision is (almost always) final.

It's not a cop-out. It's how the system works.

Well now that we've gotten to this sort of argument. I would say that I would actually lose many things by becoming Catholic again. I would lose more comfort in masturbation, and in watching pornography. I would lose more comfort in using Sup Forums. I would lose more comfort in thinking, and saying offensive, and vulgar things. I could go on.

I do all of these things, I'm catholic and I am a sinner. Your point? I'm fully aware of what I do. And I know that I sin.

because there's no such thing as "souls".

just like there's no such thing as gods.

Welcome to the 21st century.

But we made that system as a social agreement.
It started out with, "hey Steve, it would be really nice if you stopped taking my stuff" and turned into "Okay, lets say we make a rule about not taking other peoples stuff and if you do it anyway, we'll have a way to punish you for it".
It's manmade laws that can be changed by man when needed. Any laws that came from on high, would be infallible and thus unable to change. Does that mean we have to avoid eating crayfish, even after figuring out how to store and cook them in a way where we avoid food poisoning?
If you ask the bible, then yes, we are not allowed to eat shrimp, because getting fresh shrimp in the desert back in the day was hard and came with a risk of runny ass.