twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the you start OP meme

succ

>psychedelic
>entire album of the g chord with an mxr delay turned to 10

yeah, tame impala are fucking garbage

agree
youtube.com/watch?v=smv8rkXkvYc

analysis of bach's entire choral compositions revealed well over 50% of the pieces were just I and V chords soooo

So... how is that relevant, you fucking pseud?

>mxr delay turned to ten

What? What do you even mean? Full mix delay? The slowest or fastest possible delay time? Pseudo-infinite delay time? Do you have any idea how a delay pedal works?

youtube.com/watch?v=h_Z0IqAIPpY

Have you never seen a delay pedal, you fucking idiot?
Turned to 10 meaning the knob turned to maximum, you dense cunt.

>Pic related
I think they actually use this exact pedal, now fuck off and die for being such a fucking retard

Somebody's never done LSD!

No wonder you don't get the trippy vibes bro

What do you guys think of Shpongle? I don't hear them discussed here often but I recently have been listening on DMT and have gained a newfound appreciation

youtube.com/watch?v=LdEhFewkDGU

judging an artist's character based on the amount of tonal variety they use is pedantic - even when what you say is frankly incorrect!

also, while you claim they are garbage, kevin parker is making music that resonates with a lot of people, therefore making him and his group a lot of money and fame. and, regardlss of that, who really gives a shit what you say!

maybe try harder next time

OH, BOY

Do you know music theory?

Yes

>kevin parker is making music that resonates with a lot of people
You forgot to mention that these people are idiots
Prove it.

>who really gives a shit what you say
Isn't this a place for discussion? How can discussion take place if we all stay silent and put forth no opinions or facts?

You replied, so you obviously care somewhat, don't you, retard?

I've undoubtedly done lsd more times than you ever will

>Turned to 10 meaning the knob turned to maximum

Wow, thanks for the breakdown. I know exactly what you mean dumbass, you just have clearly no fucking idea what "turning the knob to 10" on any of those knobs would actually do to the signal chain.

In your simple mind these settings clearly mean almost nothing and you just DUDE TURN THE DELAY UP LMAO

>The fact that so many blogs still name Tame Impala as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" psych-rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. Tame Impala sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Kevin did anything worthy of being saved.

I'm sorry I didn't realise this was a thread for discussing the intricate details of how a delay pedal works, you fucking autist

My point still stands

ITT: virgins who claim to do LSD

>My point still stands

Your point being that your entire criticism of the music is based on a completely inaccurate understanding of the music or the way it was created and that you little to no basis to critique it on that level but insist on doing so anyway because you're a fucking moron?

Yeah ok, have a blast dude.

What do you think of Psychic TV?
youtube.com/watch?v=fpuMtV-nFbc

>I've undoubtedly done lsd more times than you ever will
WOOOOAH that's pretty trippy my dude

>completely inaccurate understanding of the music or the way it was created
Then explain it.

Literally what the fuck are you ranting about, you illiterate mong?
My original post makes sense to anyone who isn't some anal fucking retard, obsessing over delay pedal vernacular like some zit faced fuck and his trading card game

TURNING THE DELAY PEDAL KNOB TO 10 IS AN ACCURATE WAY OF SUMMING UP THE SHITTY FUCKING ALBUM, fuck off and die you fucking pseudo-intellectual cunt

>all people that like what I don't like are stupid

well-thought!

>Isn't this a place for discussion? How can discussion take place if we all stay silent and put forth no opinions or facts?
>You replied, so you obviously care somewhat, don't you, retard?

gotta drop some knowledge on your dumb bitch ass bruh

>>all people that like what I don't like are stupid
Quote me where I said I liked it or not

you wouldn't understand anyway

its a complex procedure wherein the individual musician first assembles a sort of signal processing chain wherein different elements each with different functionalities affect the audio signal in different ways warping it and moulding it into something new

with careful deliberation the artist reaches down to a specific element and using a clockwise motion turns one of the control parameters to its maximum value

then they play a g chord

I really like the Peter Christopherson/Alex Fergusson era
youtube.com/watch?v=fKBuKcDPjzM

>pseudo-intellectual cunt
>immediately asks poster to prove their music theory credentials so he can judge how valid user's opinion is

>you wouldn't understand anyway
Of course I would.

Now explain it.

you're right, and i apologize

but your line of reasoning is still wrong if you think parker's fans are all stupid

when did I ask anyone to prove music theory credentials you fucking idiot?

>while you claim they are garbage, kevin parker is making music that resonates with a lot of people, therefore making him and his group a lot of money and fame.

WOW really dropping the knowledge huh?

You're mad because you know you're an idiot. Wake up bud, everyone knows you have no clue what you're talking about.

>but your line of reasoning is still wrong
what's my line of reasoning?

I don't think you know

>Mad
>Because swear words imply anger
Just how sensitive are you?

Nigger what? The very nature of counterpoint requires you to have much more than I-V-I-etc

think you replied to the wrong person bud

are you arguing with like everyone in this thread lmfao

>this entire thread

i've smoked more DMT than any1 in this thread

I cannot believe you all found a way to argue over one of the chillest and friendliest subgenres.
I sincerely hope you guys stay home from any concerts because it's obvious you'd kill the mood.

Yeah I hate these tame impala fanboy faggots more than cancer

DUDE DELAY PEDALS

was meant for you

>DUDE DELAY PEDALS

you mean the magic boxes you turn up to 10 and they make the special sound

Get ready for summer

I was thinking more the capslock paragraphs and samefagging lmfao

Except that user's not wrong

maybe you would understand if i simplified it for you

>user thinks tame impala is trash based on provably false critique

>tame impala releases multiple albums to critical and commercial success
>tame impala makes lots of money and allows its band members to live in luxury for the rest of their lives - far beyond the hopes of what user could possibly attain
>tame impala creates music that has tonal and harmonic variety
>tame impala makes people feel good feelings which can be said to be doing an artist's service to their fans

>user argues with people about his own worthless opinion

i mean your shitposting has got to end sometime bruh

Looking for something wet and bouncy and synthy, bonus points if they layer pitch shifted vocals. Not too washed out. Reccs?

Yeah, if you understand how they work you need to make sure to tell everyone that you know how they work. It's a fundamental part of understanding delay pedals that you must inform everyone how they work specifically

Fucking idiot

stop fighting onii-chan

>Tame Impala
>Good
Lmao

he's actually in a really rare position where his opinion is literally objectively wrong

>they say people never change but that's bullshit. They do

>Objectively wrong
How so?

So you are saying you took user's sarcastic parody as an honest truth?

Where are you on the spectrum?

>entire album of the g chord with an mxr delay turned to 10

no, I took it as a lame joke disguising the fact that you have no real ability to critique the music nor the mental facilities to do so and yet want to have an opinion anyway like the run of the mill moron you are lmfao

It's accurate if you ask me

Tame impala is terrible as fuck, E V E R Y goddamn album is average as fuck. Boring vocals, meme drums and cringe lyrics.

>oh no! user doesn't have the mental facilities to critique music even though he kind of just did sum up the whole album in one sentence combining wit and humor, while displaying a working knowledge of the equipment they used and the chords that were overplayed but nevermind that, he's actually a retard and i know better cos i use words like sensibilities

>I took it as a lame joke
You clearly didn't because you are taking it literally to mean Kevin plugged in and played a G chord with this specific pedal at 10. This is evidenced by the fact that you are questioning his ability to understand how delay pedals work as well as how the album was recorded.
>you have no real ability to critique the music nor the mental facilities to do so and yet want to have an opinion anyway
Quote me where I states a critique or opinion on Tame Impala.

why are you pretending you're not the same poster? pretty pathetic

I'm not the guy he was replying to, retard.

what I'm doing is so above your head and I'm not going to bother to explain it to your dumb ass, you wouldn't get it even if I did

tl;dr you're borderline braindead seek help or kys

>Implying teenage potheads and instagram/tumblr girls aren't the most retarded audience ever.

Tame impala is cringe and kevin parker should fucking die already.

DUDE I LEAVE MY HAIR SO LONG AND I TAKE MUSHROOMS WITH COCAINE AND MAKE MUSIC THAT RIPOFFS THE 60'S AND 70'S USING LYRICS ABOUT BEING SO ALONE!!! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MEE WAAAH!!

>what I'm doing is so above your head and I'm not going to bother to explain it to your dumb ass, you wouldn't get it even if I did
lmao

>what I'm doing is so above your head
Nice damage control
>tl;dr you're borderline braindead seek help or kys
What? What do you even mean? A concussion? Coup-Contrecoup Injury? Diffuse Axonal Injury? Do you have any idea how brain damage works?

youtube.com/watch?v=d6gpOc19lU8

y'all plebshits

brain-dead
informal
Extremely stupid.

What's your fav band?

>the joke
>____________
>your head
topkek

Goodnight user. You gave me a good laugh. Tame Impalafags are truly fucking idiots

youtube.com/watch?v=qePAFpulq8s

ok bud cya

probably can

>patrician confirmed

tame impala would probably be celebrated by people like this guy if they had never gotten recognition. this board dislikes anybody who gets any acclaim because everyone here is feckless and ineffectual and require all of their favorite artists to remain obscure nothings like themselves

lol i'm not even that guy; it's just that easy to predict

I'm not that guy but I heard them when they were obscure, you fucking moron.
Congrats for confirming how much of a pleb you are though

As I said,
>G chord mxr delay to 10
Garbage

wow, tame Impala makes people THIS upset

thats not how a delay pedal works dumbass

yeah and as someone else already pointed out, you clearly have no idea what a delay pedal turned up to 10 means. turning up the mix to 10 means that you would hear no dry signal at all and it would entirely wet. what I think you are trying to describe is someone turning the feedback up on a delay pedal, but turning that up to ten would result in noise infinitely feedbacking on itself.

you hearing of them when they were obscure does nothing to discount my claim, as I claimed that it's when an artist gets acclaim that you would start to dislike them.

honestly such a shame that you're in a constant pursuit of trying to prove yourself and assert your interests as superior to people's. it must be a sad life you live

youtube.com/watch?v=ArLv5MvhXQ8

the real joke is its not even a delay pedal, its a phase pedal which are different

TURNING THE LITERAL KNOB THAT SAYS DELAY TO 10 OR MAX, YOU FUCKING AUTISTS OBVIOUSLY WITH THE MIX SET ACCORDINGLY SO AS TO ENSURE THE SOUND IS DUDEEEEEEE LSD ENOUGH FOR PLEBS LIKE YOU

fucking idiots with le superior intelletct eh? as if it's not common knowledge you fucking dunces. my mother could probably build a delay pedal you thick cunts

>implying the guitarist hasn't ever used an MXR carbon copy digital delay at some point

the sad thing is that this guy knows enough about guitar effects to say "mxr delay" but is too dense to understand what it does

actually turning the knob that says delay all the way to the right would make the delay pedal take a very long time between "echoes"

you really just don't know how a delay pedal works do you

same fag

get her to build one and i'll buy it so i can supplement your livelihood

>incapable of realizing that you're just that wrong

Samefags but yes, therefore making it sound DUDE LSD as I stated, you literal retard. Turning it to 10 sounds exactly like every Tame Impala song, that's the irony.
And anyway, if you want to be anal, which you are being, you could have just as easily stated that they actually used an old roland tape delay for the recording of the album... you stupid fuck.

Turning the delay all the way up would make super long delay times. Tame impala use short delays

actually they commonly use very short delay times with relatively high mix and short regen

sorry dude

>"more than one person couldn't possibly disagree with me"

who cares they're garbage regardless faggot