youtube.com/watch?v=OQiMxD4fvhw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally the Opening Of 2001 a space odyssey of cape shit

>inb4 Zach didn't "get" the source material
Fucking kill yourself

One of the best opening credits and one of the best movie tbqhwy

Agree, and very fitting.
Truly ahead of its time.

Why people shit on this movie?, i think it was good. Also i find watchmen a good read but very overrated and im a comics fan.

I still love that part when she puts the flowers in their guns.

Personally, I hated it because of the soundtrack.
The most cliche dadrock "period" choices. They even used the wrong version of All Along the Watchtower.
It's like a millennial on the IMDB forums trying to cast a movie, and he lists AAA list names in every role (even the bit ones). The plebbiest of plebs will defend this.

Anyway, I was cringing most of the movie from the songs alone. Didn't even care about the greenscreening or changed ending.

Hallejuah was terrible yeah...

>They even used the wrong version of All Along the Watchtower

Explain yourself, even Bob Dylan knows Jimi's version is superior.

>Literally the Opening Of 2001 a space odyssey of cape shit
But that's Unbreakable.

Absolutely beautiful

>I never went to kino, I went to kino school

oh it shows zac :)

>Explain yourself, even Bob Dylan knows Jimi's version is superior.
Any cover of a Dylan song is superior to the original. But Dylan was directly quoted in the comic.
Fuck, even Devo was mentioned in the comic. But they weren't mainstream enough of an 80s band to get onto the soundtrack. Snyder probably spent millions licensing all those shit songs when he could've spent a small fraction of that for the same effect. I don't need "I'm Your Boogie Man" to remind me that the flashback is taking place in the late 70s. Show don't tell, Snyder, you fucking hack.

>tfw no John Cale in the Watchmen movie

One of my favorite shots from the whole intro right here, an image that encapsulates everything that Osterman represents.

I SAID

A lot of times, it's more the lyrics that make the song choices. A great double meaning emerges when you apply "I'm Your Boogie Man" to a scene focusing on revealing more of the Comedian's personality and character.

Who's osterman?

>Any cover of a Dylan song is superior to the original

pleb

Dr, Manhattan.

>Snyder doesn't "get it" as I do

> like a millennial on the IMDB forums trying to cast a movie, and he lists AAA list names in every role

wtf do you mean. There were 0 AAA actors in it

You could have just said you're gay

He's right though, Dylan is horrifically overrated as a performer

Read what user said again. I like most of the music cues in the movie, but even I agree that it's distracting at times.

Anyways, this thread is useless without video:
vimeo.com/38649608

>every vignette is set around either a news story or a photograph being taken, referencing the scrapbook story told in the back pages of the original comic

I... I hadn't ever noticed before.

The only well performed Dylan songs are Blind Willie McTell and Quinn the Eskimo

it's truly capekino

truly ahead of its time

You are so stupid.

What part of the comic has SUPER SLOW MO AWESUM ACSHUN? What part of the comic makes autists like you love RORSHACH OMFG SO BADASS HE KILLS DEGENERACY?

You can't even grasp the basic point of satirizing super heroes. It's pretty simple, but you're so stupid and infantile you can't even get why anyone would be skeptical or even dislike the entire concept of heroes.

The people that claim that Snyder "didn't get it" look back at the graphic novels, meanwhile Snyder was really looking ahead.

How is he satirizing super hero films? This is straightforward a super hero film.

>What part of the comic makes autists like you love RORSHACH OMFG SO BADASS HE KILLS DEGENERACY?
What part do you think? Oh hey, his blood stain is in the shape of the blood drop on the button.

Except he's crying like a fucking baby and committing suicide for literally no reason?

How is that badass? He's a fucking paranoid scizo. Get that shit out of here you retard. Learn to read and then we can talk.

Hahaha
Fuck off Alan

>it's a "he didn't get it" post.
>>Sup Forums
Go read your funny books, we are discussing cinemá

Holy shit the door forms a fucking smiley face
Jesus christ moore, how is this shit still surprising me after all these years.

So the movie is the greatest adaptation of all time that ignores all its source material? You sound as scizophrenic as Rorshach.

Also, just explain how this is anything but a regular super hero movie?

Ah yes, the great movie that has Ozymandias have a folder titled "boys" on his computer. That classic Snyder subtleness.

Fuck you.

>confirmed for reading the comic in light of the films criticism

Lol
Before the movie even existed everyone's favorite character was ol' Rorschach.
I guess if you were a true fan you'd know that. I bet you don't even own a copy of the comic , fucking pathetic really.

Just give it up. You lost

I bet you're the type of guy who got mad that tom bombadill wasn't in lord of the rings

Or gets mad about starship troopers

So please leave and go read your picture books, this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums

>Any cover of a Dylan song is superior to the original.
WHAT?

Seriously, I don't fucking understand that meme

Why does a folder titled "boys" automatically mean that it's cp? At least part of the man's fortune came from a toy line.

Name a good cover that isn't All Along, please. I want to laugh.

What he does in Idiot wind, Simple Twist, When the Ship comes in or Pressing on, to name a few, is just fucking perfection

>What part of the comic has SUPER SLOW MO AWESUM ACSHUN?
Actually, I think the intent here, since the SUPER SLOW MO AWESOME ACTION is done in such a perverse, inoperative way as opposed to Snyder's other works (compare the alleyway fight in this to any fight scene in 300 or Man of Steel), it's clear the intent is to show that the fight scenes in this film are "wrong" in some inherent, visually displeasing way. I suspect it's his personal adaptation of the book's peculiar use of light and color in fight scenes, and in particular, the lack of sound effects in the whole book. That's something the film can't directly use, but it can similarly use other effects such as slow motion and distorted or temporarily silenced audio to put across a similar sense of unease and growing dissatisfaction.

And on the subject of Rorshach:

Rorshach has been popular basically since day one, since he's hard edged, he's very Frank Miller-esque, and he's (initially) the only one who's trying to get anything done, thus making him the most straightforward protagonist of the first issue. For years, the character he's a glib facsimile of, the Question, has struggled to get out from under the shadow Rorschach has cast over him, including a comic where he literally bought a copy of Watchmen, read it, became a huge Rorschach fan, and then got his shit fucked up for trying to act more like him.

>subtleness

You know there is a third Dylan song in the movie, right?
RIGHT?

One that was even in the original comic?

>Name a good cover that isn't All Along, please.
youtube.com/watch?v=mmceSj07_fs

I have a lot of problems with this movie. These credits aren't one of them

>Name a good cover that isn't All Along

youtube.com/watch?v=OQiMxD4fvhw

Seriously? That's better than the original?

I mean, yes, it sounds like a Rage Against song, and it's cool and all, but better? You can take a Dylan song and make something different out of it, but you can make it better.

You just can't.

>that meme bass
Sounds great, but have you heard the original? It's a masterpiece, for fuck's sake.

K I N O

>I dislike Zack Snyder

Explain yourself.

Nevermind. End yourself.

one of best openings of all time. Possibly topped only by BvS Bruce Wayne scene.

Not even memeing. Say what you will about Zach the Hack Snyder but he knows style.

>Bob speaking lyrics while playing the same note over and over again, occasionally shifting up or down a key

>masterpiece

Chose one and only one

>Actually, I think the intent here, since the SUPER SLOW MO AWESOME ACTION is done in such a perverse, inoperative way as opposed to Snyder's other works (compare the alleyway fight in this to any fight scene in 300 or Man of Steel), it's clear the intent is to show that the fight scenes in this film are "wrong" in some inherent, visually displeasing way. I suspect it's his personal adaptation of the book's peculiar use of light and color in fight scenes, and in particular, the lack of sound effects in the whole book. That's something the film can't directly use, but it can similarly use other effects such as slow motion and distorted or temporarily silenced audio to put across a similar sense of unease and growing dissatisfaction.

Snyderdroning has gone too far

>speaking lyrics
Dude... we're not talking about Cohen

I cry everytime

It was the 80s. P Computers just got invented. He felt very secure about the security of his boy pictures on his desktop

Not an argument

Snyder himself said he did it because it's cool

> no reason
Manhattan wasn't going to let him walk out of there since he'd inevitably tell the world about Veidt's plan. The plan would've been better for humanity in the long run and it already happened, so why jeopardize that? His journal go into the press, but in the trash stories bin, so who knows if anyone took it seriously or not. Rorschach was already a psychopath in the public's eye anyway, so it's a very slim chance this posed any threat.

Joan Baez does a better version of blowin in the wind for one

There are plenty of others, but there's also some I haven't heard better versions of like tangled up in blue or you're gonna make me lonesome when you go

Dylan isn't bad, but he's routinely overrated by a small group of people that really, really like him, even though the vast majority of his songs suck ass or are far better in the hands of others.

Still he's got some good songs and he's a great songwriter in general, so don't feel like I'm just dumping on him for kicks

Who cares if it's cool? The central theme that these people are fucked up and broken is intact, so I'm not too broken up that the fight scenes were made to be visually appealing in a visual medium.

*Harmonica interlude*

user said he did it bad on purpose, retard

>Joan Baez

no

>Dylan is good
No

So whose no wins? I vote mine

Great addition to the conversation, 10/10

The times are changing

I thought the intro was fine

Was the song cliche? Yes
But how else would you have introduced 60 years of alternate-timeline history so the viewer would have a reasonable frame of reference for the rest of the movie? A movie which, as it was released, was almost 3 hours fucking long

Imagine if it had been done like in the book, with there being breaks between each major scene to explain the details of the timeline. It would have been completely confusing to audiences and it would have turned the movie into a snore fest. I know that's how the comic was written, but some things written don't translate well to movies, which is why it's called an ADAPTATION

While some parts i disagreed with, (15 minute sex scene what the fuck Zach the Hack) the movie was overall pretty good and it was very faithful to the book. Before you say anything about the space squid not being introduced, just imagine how long it would have taken in movie time to explain where it had come from. I think Snyder's change was appropriate and justified

Imagine these scenes but for the Justice League movie, it'd be a perfect opening.

FUCKING THIS.

Watchmen movie was a perfect example of how ripping straight from the comic for a live action adaption is the perfect way to go.

I'm going to buy Watchmen today and watch it.

I love this movie, and while I can understand that some may not, none can say that this film's soundtrack was anything less than perfect.

>music isn't part of film
I think you're the one who needs to leave chief

I've started to appreciate Watchmen all the more ever since the superhero movies have flooded the market

Gotta give Gibbons some credit for the visuals in Watchmen. That shit was so next level people are still trying to catch up.

This desu senpai

>The graphic novel is superior