Aska guy who did 7 years in the US Marine Corps infantry anything

Aska guy who did 7 years in the US Marine Corps infantry anything.

Im currently in inpatient treatment for PTSD and substance abuse. Did three and a half tours and got out in 2011

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDJI70huyT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you have PTSD from

Have you ever had a gf

do you think you made this world safer for going to war?

do you think soldiers are heroes?

Battalion/Division?

I know it's bad taste to ask, but...

1. a) Have you killed anybody?
i) How did it feel?
ii) Did you cry or puke?
b) How many people have you killed?
c) Did you kill anyone who you at first thought was an enemy combatant but later turned out to be an unarmed civilian?

2. a) What do you do now?
b) Were you happier in the marine core than you are now?

3. a) Are you gay?
b) Have you ever had a homosexual experience?
c) Have you ever had homosexual thoughts?

Why, the gov payout was worth it?

Will you ever deliver?

Things that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Losing 3 best friends

Seeing innocent women and childrens dead bodies

Someother stuff

No I thinknthe world is much less safe after the invasion of Iraq. I firmly belive it was one of the greatest Military blunders in history

Some soldiers are "heroes" depending on how you define the word. Others are colossal faggots. I wasa Marine. There isa difference FYI

i got a buddy who just got home about a year ago after a 5 year deployment in japan in the navy. he told me he saw some fucked up shit. he did in and out patient treatment for PTSD and narc abuse, hes now in college with me. Sucks bro, you arent alone

Yes I kikled a couple people. It felt good at the time. Kinda like scoring in a basketball or soccer game cause in every case they were trying to kill me.

Im in PTSD treatment cause I want to put my life back together. Ever since leaving the military my life fell apart

I was happy in the Marines but it was also very hard mentally and spiritually

Never killed an innocent. Aclose friend of mine killed nearly an entire family cause they came too close to our vehicle control point outside of Mosul. That scarred him for life and I still think about that family all the time

No im not gay. Had one gay experience but that was before the Corps

Ah the mighty US Faggot Corps

> faggot

Kikkled = killed

Sorry, using my phone

Yep, marines are the ones that never shut the fuck up about how they are marines and how they served, and they go around wearing dumb hats about it to make sure everyone knows. Then they start threads about it like it's something important that people should care about and want to ask questions about.

Then they have kids and instill them with the same unwarranted sense of self importance and those kids then turn around and act like military brats, even though they've never been out of their own state.

Thanks for answering.

Sorry bud but that is a stereo type at best and certainly not me.

Yes there are some like that but not everyone and certainly not the majority.

Not sure why you dislike Marines but it was a choice I made and it is a part of who I am.

answer this

Served in all three divisions except 3rd

>Sorry bud but that is a stereo type at best and certainly not me.
Does that mean you're a mono type?

I' thought they didn't allow phone access while inpatient?

Do you ever have a homesick sort of feeling for the battlefield? like, do you get depressed and miss being in combat with your bros?

Inpatient detox they took my phone but that was for about 5 days.

Im in a domicile now. Kinda a rehab and I go to classes until 3pm (1500) after that we can do whatever as long as we make 1800 group meeting and are in before curfew.

What battalions? What SoI?

different user here, I've come to a certain mindset about any kind of military. A soldier who has a decent reason for joining the military but doesn't enjoy the violence deserves respect. Some white trash POS who just wanted to shoot sandniggers can get left behind and raped for all I care. THOSE are the people who indoctrinate their half retarded spawn into the military-industrial complex mindset.

Not all Marines are that bad. Although I know what you mean, even other military fags hate those guys. Anyone who needs to wear their uniform off base on the weekends cause it was the only way they could score pussy (or because they were hoping for free drinks and shit) was heavily ridiculed by pretty much all the rest of us.

Yes and no. One of the hardest parts (looking back) about getting out was being alone. I miss always having my friends around the barracks and in the 'battlefield" but it was also so emotionaly and mentally draining. I would not go back

I don't dislike marines, that's just the main difference I've noticed between them and people from other branches.

"Hey did I mention I was a marine?" "yeah" "Oh...yeah I was in iraq" "oh..." "I'm better than you, you know." "neat"

So do you guys think you would actually stack up against the disbanded Canadian airborne commando if the Canadian government hadn't shit themselves and scrapped them all?

1/8
MSG
2/8
1/25

I was assigned to a lot of attachments that would take way to long to explain

What is 'Sol?'

>A soldier who has a decent reason for joining the military but doesn't enjoy the violence

The only other reason I can think of is that they're poor and stupid and needed a new parent to take care of them. The majority of friends I know that joined did so for that exact reason.

There really isn't any other convincing reasons to join the military. At least not any that you can argue are based on ethics.

"Hey lets joint he military so we can go... ... ... pretend to protect people? Stay on base and do drills all day while a PMC does all of our work for us?"

Yea I agree about that
But there are also a ton of Marines and former Marines that are down to earth and rather intelligent and humble

Honestly that attitude gets drilled into your head a lot by recruiters. "imagine how good it's gonna feel to come back to your hometown 4 years from now and you make so much more money and blah blah blah than all your old loser stoner buddies."

It's a tactic that works very well with wallflower types who are resentful that they aren't interesting enough to be the center of attention, or at least that's my theory. It's an undeniably successful recruiting tactic though.

I have no clue. Most likely Marines because of their use of close air support and logistical powers. But i could be wrong

You have to remember that recruitment is aimed at 18-21 year olds. Most people at that stage in life have not develeped reasoning skills. And yes, many join for a sense of purpose and for financial reasons. And some succeed and do great things.

If you're a military nerd at all and like learning it's some pretty interesting shit...

They were special ops and were essentially disbanded because the government couldn't control them anymore.

I'm in the army. Exact same feels in regards to loving it but it's hard spiritually and mentally. You believe in God OP?

Thank you and yes I believe in God.

What's the most important advice you'd give to any kid outside a recruiting station trying to decide what to do?

What's the craziest thing you saw over there?

he saw ur mom doing anal

Then I DEFINITELY get your struggles spiritually. I don't know about you, but the phrase "no atheist in a foxhole" is pure bullshit in my opinion. It's hard to be religious in the military. Partly why I dislike my fellow soldiers, but I'd still do anything for them. Glad you're out man, shit fucking sucks to do long term.

If you want to join the military,in my opinion either go intelligence or special operations because I believethat is the future of warfare.

If you go special ops, prepare to get the daylights beat out of you. Its one thing to think about and another to experience it.

If your just looki g for a job in the future get a technical job in the Navy or airforce

Out of all branches i think the airforce and coast guard treat their members with the most respect and dignity

Marines probably get the moat respect in the civilian world

Not sure about the Army but I do know that the US Army is just incredibly huge and has poor leaders

What would you say to junior marines who are currently in the corps? Would you have stayed in if not for your current condition. I assume you got out sgt maybe staff or close to it?

hed say this

Your PTSD bad?

excited to go out and get killed fighting in one of trump's upcoming wars of conscription?

A sucide bomber detonated outside our patrol base as we were getting fuel from a tanker.set the tanker on fire and filled the entire area with more smoke than I have ever seen. The fire was like nothing i have ever seen.

Another crazy thing I saw was on patrolwe searched a house and went into a room and there was this naked girl chained to a pipe or something we asked the father what the deal was and best we could interpret she had some severe mental disorder like schizophrenia or somethng and thats how he dealt with her

Nother time we rescued this teenage girl that had been shot in the head as part of a revenge killing or something

A lot of tribal revenge was going on at the time and im sure still is

The army is completely different from what my pops described to me when he was back in Desert Storm. A lot less comradery and a lot more "what's in it for me" type guys. Bear in mind I'm signal and my first duty station is in Korea at an ADA unit, but that's my perspective on it so far

How do you react when civvies call you a child killer and that you deserve what you have now?

picking on the mentally ill. great video made by a looser.

Its hard to pinpoint one thing to say to junior Marines because they were all different and you had to approach each one differently. I always encouraged them to go to college and save money. And of course keep them out of trouble both state side and in country

I would not have stayed in. My plan all along was to get out eventually. I did not start showing signs of PTSD until about 4 - 6 months after I got out and it really got out of hand about a year after

And I got out as a sgt. My last tour I was a squad leader in Afghanistan

Noone sane can get out of war "undemaged" if you understand what I'm trying to say.

you can't have electronics during inpatient treatment. nice try faggot

do you exercise as regularly as you did in the Marines

Not super bad. It was bad for a while but I got it under control, or at least my actions. I would go into black rages and lose it at the drop of a hat. I dont donthat anymore at all.

Still have nightmares and some flashbacks.

When I was in detox i was in the psych ward and there was a gentlemen there that was a tunnel rat and POW in Vietnam and his mind was gone. I got from the staff he had been there for years and most likely never leave. So I always about him when I think I have it bad

No one has ever said that. Some people imply it but the honest truth is I never killed an innocent and my unit never targeted innocents.

We were not friends with the locals, I imagine to them we were kinda like mean copa to stay away from. But we never targeted them.

If someone did say i was a killer id say Inever did anything like that

The biggest part of Marine fitness is being able to run. You have to run 3 miles and should be able to do it in 22 minutes

Anther part is being able to hike with a 60lbs rucksack and equipment.

They also have a martial arts program that includes throws and body hardening

I work out now, mostly weights now and little cardio

Bullshit. My brother was in inpatient and he was allowed his cell phone and a computer

What would you tell a 17 year old kid who thinks its a good decision to enlist?

Do you have college goals? Law enforcement goals?

What are your goals in life?

>What is 'Sol?'
School of Infantry

Have you tried emdr for the ptsd? Worked for me.

No never tried it but ill look into it.
Thanks

What were you like before you joined? Like, were you a coward or a bully or neither? Were you exposed to firearms early as part of hunting or simply with a relative?

>just got here

Went to soi in camp Legurne. Camp Geiger to be exact

Best part of guerilla warfare is you don't know who is a civilian or not

I was timid. Not a bully but some people tried to bully me buti never took it. Not that I was tough i just did not like it and not liking it felt worse that taking it.

I was actually pretty academic for the most part and played sports.

Never used firearms prior tonthe Marines

cool. My son is Parris Island/Camp Geiger/Camp Lejeune

35th ADA,? Hah. Juicy girls and Soju. Good memories. Did two years at Humphreys. Next stop for you, FT. Sill or Ft. Lewis.

would you say it was worth it?

Thats hard tonsay. I tend to alwaus focus on the negative so in that aspect no it was not.

But also there was a lot of good that came out of it. I would not xhange anything, but I also would not do it again

im currently in the military and i still have 6 years in the infantry. ive never been deployed, but now that trump is in charge it looks like we will be needed more. what advice can you give me?

How old are you?

how do you know they were innocent though

man i wish i could join the defense force

criminal record fuks you up

Fuck that noise man haha I'm signal so I'm hoping to go to Bragg and get deployed with them next year. But yeah, 35th is pure shit

I'll give you $40 to take my staff duty shift

What is the Syria war about? Muslims or Russians?

Books and books have been written on this

Keep your weapon clean and ready.
Dont complain and look at it as an opportunity.
Dont be careless but also recognize your fear and fight your fear. In other words dont be an idiot but also dont be afraid. Easier said than done.
Wool socks are a savior. They are better than any synthetic fabric and certainly better than cotton. Even in extreme heat wool is hands down the best. You will minimize blisters and foot sores.
Your biggest enemy is boredom so try to take up a hobby that is cheap and portable. If you do go, dont waste your downtime watching season after season of some tv show. Use it to learn an academic pursuit. I was able to teach myself finance and investing and in that time i think I am more knowledgeable than most'experts" one of my friends read all about real estate in Afghanistan and another read nursing books and both of them excel in their profession and they credit it to the amount of energy they put into reading the matieral while deployed rather than schools. You will see what I mean about downtime. We spent a week in Kyrgyzstan doing NOTHING while waiting for a flight to camp leatherneck in Afghanistan

Syria is about both. Russia supports Bashar Al-Assad while the US supports the Free Syrian Army and rebels. In the 2011 Arab spring Assad started massacring protesters and large groups of the military defected and started fighting him.

>Free Syrian Army and rebels.

Terrorists. I remember before shit went to hell, you who was there egging on the rebels to start a civil war? John Fucking McCain.

Just trying to bouce the russians. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. W.out our help, there's no war.

I think user's butt hurt cuz his ex gf left him for a marine... faggot

user here, if you have no college goals, just enlist. Don't try out college because then you'll be in debt while active duty