youtube.com/watch?v=daaNiQqnP4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_WbPkTrMgHI
youtube.com/watch?v=7i_xZP92Dt4
youtube.com/watch?v=42bO7lS7F_A
youtube.com/watch?v=cHJRIlNXwdk
youtube.com/watch?v=rNs3GcnGT7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better than any Strat

How do I start a band when none of my friends play and the only music people listen to in my area is grime rap

Start a solo project. Even women can do it

youtube.com/watch?v=ARfyVGOptag

For the Australian user who wanted the Gibson Tribute Honeyburst, if you can confirm the product ID is LPTR17FHNH1 I've found one for you in the country for sale new right now.

Anyone got any experience with Blackstar amps? They seem like a good option considering their relatively modest price, but heard some really bad things about their reliability.

>shilling gibson this hard
Go home

Like Gibson needs shills on this shitty board. You can never even afford a real one

whoah these actually look pretty nice. At least they're somewhat filling the grain now..

Epiphone fags check in. Post what you got and/or what you want.

>Hide Gibson Posts
>Ignore Gibson Posters
>Do Not Reply to Gibson Posters

Epiphone is literally shit

>none of my friends play
Sit them down and force them to strum

What kind of guitar is this?

Here you can hear me playing a Costom Fender Strat: youtube.com/watch?v=daaNiQqnP4Y This Song All People can cross the Border Part II is on the
Album Azoth

Someone asked about the Tribute Honeyburst a day or two ago. I have contacts at this countries distributors. I said I'd find out when they were being released or if one was in the country they could try/buy.

Sorry that I'm being helpful.

They're saving money by doing matte finishes only on the Tribute models apparently.

this is a joke right?

that's a Gibson Les Paul

>love the steel lap weeping slide sound
>decent models are $300 minimum
>would never actually get to use it properly

just end me now

youtube.com/watch?v=_WbPkTrMgHI
>all those Phase 90s
PG videos are so comfy.

lol

it's actually disgusting how you can sound just like the pros if you plug in a few pedals and mash out a scale

I'm building one, got some parts arriving this week. georgeboards.com do these peel and stick fretboard markers, I've got an old Tele pickup and bridge and some tuners. Ordered a length of Burmese teak salvaged from a ship that was torpedoed bya German U-boat in 1917.

>not having your toanwoods torpedoed 100 years ago
>get on my level

pros play like 60 gigs a year minimum and can't make mistakes. bit of a diffference

except when you make a mistake it's masked by the distortion..

>"pros" only play with distortion
>having enough distortion to lose your clarity in the first place

An electric guitar

how often do you reckon that actually happens though?

if you're touring in a popular band with decades of practice you really shouldn't be fucking up ever

Hi! Have a picture of my guitar from Tokyo! It's new and for sale if anyone is interested.

Damn. From the first pic I thought this was some kind of fretless six-string.

Why should I get a six-string guitar with fanned frets?

youtube.com/watch?v=7i_xZP92Dt4
youtube.com/watch?v=42bO7lS7F_A
COMFY

It's comfortable, or so people say.
Or if you want to tune to NST, it might feel less awkward.

Sorry for the confusion!

This is maximum comfy indeed.

Bands are a thing that used to happen. It isn't something you can do anymore unless you're extremely dedicated and diligent.

Trying to start a band in 2017 is almost impossible.

All the big rock bands of previous decades came from a time before smartphones, gaming, widespread internet access and social media.

Back then, if you were bored and there was nothing on TV, you had to actually get off your ass and do something. Whether that was practicing guitar by yourself or starting a band with friends.

There's no time now. There's no mental space. It is all taken up by technology and lazy, coddled gen Y culture.

The average 14-16 year old today is simply not going to have the attention span, discipline and patience to pick up a guitar and go through the frustrating trial and error of learning play it, not when the which and easy dopamine reward of PlayStation and Facebook is at his finger tips.

That's just one individual, let alone getting 3-5 of them in a room together to practice even ONCE per week. The amount of work and practice it takes for a band to find their sound and build a good repertoire is something the youth of our generation don't have the hunger and drive to do. Can you imagine Aerosmith if they all brought their iPhones to band practice? They would have never got off the ground.

Combine this with the deliberate merging of mainstream pop culture with rap culture and it's almost impossible to find other young people in this generation willing to start a band. People simply did not grow up with guitar music and songwriting like in previous decades. In the 70s, even the bubblegum pop and urban black music was made with guitars, bass and drums. Now it's all about beats and lyrics and autotune.

On top of that, there just aren't as many venues or music scenes as there used to be. Bands used to gig several times a week at different venues, even in small cities. Now it's common for bands to gig once every 3 months.

I hate my generation.

>NST

KYS

Bullshit, back then they wasted their time just as much in cinemas, arcades, with books, records or just doing stupid shit. The average 14-16 year old has never had the attention span to excel at anything. If anything it's easier to start a band due to the increased amount of people you can connect with and the ease with which that is possible. No longer do you need to move to a large city or spend dozens of bucks a month to travel to people you may or may not like just because you heard from the friend of a friend that his cousin's bull is looking for a guitar player; you can simply join some facebook groups or forums or whatever, chat, skype and jam all from the comfort of your room.
Becoming successful is just as hard as it was back then. It's easier to contact the right people, but like you said there are fewer venues and more competition.

TL;DR, you're full of shit. People haven't changed. The scene has, but that has made life easier rather than harder.

Are either of you currently in bands? If not, have you been?

If so, how often did your band practice and for how long?

most bands met at school, specific music based college or university courses.

that's where all the passionate and hence good musicians are, of course you'll struggle meeting randoms on local internet ads

>It isn't something you can do anymore unless you're extremely dedicated and diligent.
It's a pretty laughable statement when the two other people I know in bands are a drunkard and a lazy hippie. And they're both rehearsing consistantly and getting gigs.

delet this

No, because I have a real job and playing the guitar is a hobby for me.
I used to play regularly with other people as a teenager.
You're missing the point though. The _average_ teenager has never been ambitious enough to become a successful rock legend.

>when the indonesia in company knockoffs are better than the actual product and cost half as much money

how embarrassing

people buying Gibsons over G&L and ESP have always confused me

At the very least if you have to have American you could buy a Heritage

really? I spent my entire teenage years wanting to be a rock star. comes part and parcel of playing an instrument surely

Did you become a school bus driver after giving up on your dreams

Wanting to be one doesn't mean you have the attention span or dedication.

I played the fuck out of a knock off strat and nylon string for nearly a decade because I loved playing

don't get why someone would want to be a music star without enjoying actually performing

Am I the only one who is bothered by the placement of this fucking knob? It's in the way of my pinky when I mute with the right hand, or when I move my hand down for fast alternate picking on the high strings.

>blue body
>rosewood neck

vomit

hey could somebody please post the pics of that guy's les paul custom shop that was like dark ocean blue with yellow and red trim, and had gold hardware? the really fucking ugly one that the guy tried to show off a few times

I concur. Got a similarly irritating knob on my Ibanez RG.

>don't get why someone would want to be a music star without enjoying actually performing
How did you get the idea I implied that?
Here, some basic boolean algebra:
(A implies B) implies (B implies A) = False

Basically:
If you want to be a rock star, it takes dedication and enjoyment.
You can enjoy playing, but without dedication you won't be a rock star.

did he seriously not talk about his signature flanger at all?

He had other signature pedals in the past that he didn't talk about either. The Fuzz Universe barely got a side note. The flanger was made in like 2008 if I remember correctly to replace the ADA flanger he modified.
I actually bought the AF-2 and the nigger broke for the second time now thta it's out of warranty. REEEEE

No, people complain about regularly, and I'll say what I always do, make the adjustment.

Adjustment as in "deal with it" or "rip it out and drill a hole somewhere that's not in the way"?

damn i thought that ibanez flanger was one of the best out there
>takeoff mode

i really want that big ass fulltone he used on technical difficulties and get out of my yard. his tone on those slays

you can change the pot so it's push/pull

push/pull for on/off
twisty for volumey

Oh it sounds pretty great, especially if you lack a whammy (though you are still limited compared to an actual bar), just my specific one seems to be unreliable as fuck. I didn't even treat it bad, mostly sat in my room, put it in a cushioned box when travelling, used a regulated PSU...
I should get it fixed.

The variant is the centipede.

I don't have the pix you're thinking of, but there's plenty on GIS

You're not gonna like this but here it is, move your hand two inches, problem solved.

How would that fix the knob being in an annoying place?

Up or left? If I move it up it fucks with my picking, if I move it left I can't mute and the strings feel janglier which makes fast alternate picking harder.

it wouldn't, but it stops you accidently turning the volume down which is what I assumed your problem was.

Been playing a strat for something like ten years. I've just trained myself to not hit it.

Basically, git gud

I want a Les Paul Custom Pro.

>white body + gold hardware

what a kind user you are

>accidently turning the volume down
Doesn't happen, I did the Paul Gilbert mod by switching the volume with a tone pot (turning that down is less noticeable) and I got used to it after a while. I just wonder why someone would design it in that way. Someone looked at that design and said "yup, that's totally not in the way". Yes you can learn not to hit it, but it would be more convenient to not have it in a place that necessitates changing your playing technique in the first place.

>I just wonder why someone would design it in that way

because it's an iconic classic, man!

I do agree with everything you say, however I'm not drilling my strat. I learned to avoid it. I like learning new things. I do have the autism though.

>iconic classic
I doubt the Strat was an iconic classic when it was being designed in the 50s.

What's the difference between the Studio Deluxe and the Standard?

this is arguably true to some extent, but im sure if you re-worded it you could have it apply to previous decades also,
kids still learn guitar, infact id argue more people take it seriously now than before as the kids who want to learn WILL.
guitar used to be like souncloud rappers, everyone just trying to act like their musical heroes, but now guitar and other instruments have taken a back seat, ive found the real "proper" people have started to take up the hobby

also starting a band is easy if youre in the right area

no, but that's the reason the design hasn't changed much over the years

Left and use a thicker gauge to compensate if necessary.

>Someone looked at that design and said "yup, that's totally not in the way".
Leo wasn't a guitar player

That's fine. It's a very aesthetically pleasing guitar after all and I love looking at it. I just don't get how they came up with that placement in the first place.

But that makes vibrato and bending harder ;__; Guess I need better calluses.

i think he was saying thats why it hasnt been changed

ur the one with autism here

When it was designed they probably didn't anticipate palm muting, shredding, drug-fueled guitar abuse etc etc
I imagine they thought people would be strumming pleasant chord progressions, just louder!
Once it was a hit they followed the tried and tested: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

anybody ever used a killswitch

youtube.com/watch?v=cHJRIlNXwdk

obv not looking for better, but what guitarists do you know with a similar style to jimi? ie. rhythm, lead riffs all over the place, mini solos and singing all at the same time

yes, I installed one on a squire strat. Used an arcade button.

Very easy to do, pretty pointless unless you're buckethead

Yeah man

>makes vibrato and bending harder
I still use 9's on my strat even picking between the neck and middle pup, it's a skill, it can be learned like any other skill.

not a very good version of voodoo child honestly

nuno bettencourt
youtube.com/watch?v=rNs3GcnGT7I

>>>>>>>>>squire
It's Squier.

he means he installed one on a knight's apprentice

he was tripping balls at the time

>install kill switch on squire
>push it
>he ded son

How do you pronounce Squier? Like squire? Skweer?

>I don't like what you like therefore what you like is wrong

I love it. You can see him zoning out then immediately launch into a godly solo.

SK - WHY - ERR

squeeeeeee-err fags are mudbloods

I never said you were wrong, I just stated the combination makes me vomit. You're free to like whatever you like user.

i fucking hate that guy

I had an HT60 for a while, blew the preamp valves about 2 years into ownership which was annoying, total pain to get to them so cost a bit to get repaired.

Besides that, it was OK. Sounded a bit sterile and was surprisingly hard to get q good crunch tone out of. Good for metal if that's your thing. Got a Vox AC15 now and with a couple of drive pedals it's exactly what I want.

Gibson master race reporting in

>gibsonfag
>can't take a picture the right way
unsurprising

tyvm my dearest famalamadingdong

i reward you with a rare OC reaction face; this one is called 'furious frat boy', taken from the film Animal House