Mindless Self Indulgence is Sup Forumscore but everyone on Sup Forums too much of a pussy to admit it, right?

Mindless Self Indulgence is Sup Forumscore but everyone on Sup Forums too much of a pussy to admit it, right?

theyre shit

t. death grips fan

>ayyy bru bru lit asf tbhfam amirite?

Gorillaz is reddit
MSI is Sup Forums

At least they dont sound gay

>not liking Frankenstein girls or tight
>probably death grips fan

>Wow, Mindless Self Indulgence is a joke of a band!
>And now, to listen to favorite Cardiacs albums *dons propeller hat*

they're pretty fun. Sup Forums is srs business only

I don't know any of their music.
However:
Holy shit. That album cover is excruciatingly bad.

Sup Forums in middle school core

pro-tip: its okay to judge a book by its cover on this one.

>shits on Mindless Self-Indulgence
>loves The Mothers Of Invention
>loves The Residents
>loves Primus
>loves Cardiacs

Fuck it I'm doing it....

...who decided this was ok?

Who looked at this cover, and said "Yes, this is what I want for my album".

Was Hewlett coked up when he made this?

they were death grips before death grips existed

fuck off cuck

NEVERMIND I REGRET THIS ALREADY.
H E L P.

Literally this.

It's a product of it's time. There's no way anyone listening to the for the first time today wouldn't think it was shit.

Your anger only proves me right

Did I put on a Limp bizkit album by mistake??

I'm up to the third track and this is....

...why?

Yes, but good albums supposed to age well and stay relevant in any time, aren't they?

MSI made the kind of music for teenagers to play really loud upstairs in their bedroom to make sure mom knew you were listening to MSI really loud up in your bedroom.

they're proto-PC music except they wrote better songs more consistently. just like PC music though, they're way too good for Sup Forums

whomst'd've you quoted here?

Well it was never 'good'. But it was fun and edgy if you were 12 when it came out.

This is probably bait but I'm still triggered.

can confirm this is lies and slander

that shitposter unironically got me into the band however they're not much like any of those

i've posted this before, but MSI it's pretty fun and yes, good too.

What people don't realize is that MSI itself, or at least their music is making a parody of the mallgoth/hot topic scene that was prevalent in the late 90s and part of the early to mid 00s.

If you get past the dumb lyrics (which have lots of context, just like Death Grips), hot topic image and fanbase, their music is not bad. Sure, production is not top notch, but still has that relentless fun that I enjoy in music.

(that shitposter and [spoiler]Digi[/spoiler])

I don't like MSI but this album is arguably their worst at least compared to the ones that count. Tighter does that style better and You'll Rebel To Anything isn't very bad considering what this band is.

Also, none of them play instruments. The singer pretty much writes electronic music and they pretend to play while that semi-hot bassist shows everyone her cunt. Overall 4 / 10 band.

Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy (Elektra, 1999), a 30-song monolith, is self-parodistic hardcore with overtones of operetta. Heavily syncopated, derailed by scratching or electronics or videogames, and sung in a psychotic falsetto, MSI's punk-rock indulges in sarcastic and clownish postures (Backmask, Clarissa, Faggot, Harry Truman, I Hate Jimi Page, Last Time I Tried, Masturbates), while the serious moments get inspiration from Def Leppard (Bitches) and Sex Pistols (Boomin'). Each song is different, and they rarely fall into melodrama (Cocaine). The show is entertaining, devilish and effective. Perhaps 30 songs is ten too many.

7/10

more like:
>shits on MSI
>Atrocity Exhibition 10/10 AOTY

>Limp bizkit
>MSI

Ok I'm sorry...

Not even Limp Bizkit is that terrible.

Limp Bizkit is that terrible. Considering both bands are basically a bunch of riffs and shit mixed together it's a fair comparison.

>Limp Bizkit was being a serious band, Mindless Self Indulgence, actually tries to spread a fucking message. they're trashy, drink their own piss and do stupid shit while trying to spread messages about homophobia (re: Faggot) and misogyny.

B I T C H E S L O V E ME

>none of them play instruments
listen to any song off of if please

Limp Bizkit, a Florida quintet (vocalist Fred Durst, turntablist DJ Lethal, drummer John Otto, bassist Sam Rivers, and guitarist Wes Borland) that took off from the brutal Rage Against The Machine sound, were revealed by a cover of George Michael's Faith, a musician and a song that could not have been more misleading. Limp Bizkit was, instead, a quintessential band from (urban) hell.
Most songs on Three Dollar Bill Yall (Interscope, 1997) are driven by Durst's furnace of angst and anger and adorned with Lethal's beats, scratches and samples. The rhythm section and the guitar concoct a furious blend of funk, rap, heavy metal and hard rock. The results are the seismic rant of Pollution and monster riffs of Counterfeit. Durst's psychodramas (e.g., Stuck) are plotted in a chaotic industrial soundscape. The agitated dynamics of emotional discharges like Nobody Loves Me follow a logic that is borrowed half from Led Zeppelin's blues and half from Foetus' symphonies. Durst's persona dominates the show, swinging from the nursery rhyme of Stalemate to the terrible agony of Stink Finger. The album ends with the 16-minute overdose of Everything, a stark contrast to the preacher who started off the record. There is no salvation for these urban kids.

6.5/10

>Mindless Self Indulgence, actually tries to spread a fucking message.

DJ Lethal's sound effects and hip-hop beats enhance Significant Other (Interscope, 1999), that ranks among the milestones of the genre. The hip-hop beats with a the metal edge of Just Like This were not particularly relevant, but the petulant synthesizer and the female counterpart were typical of the "significant others" (musically speaking) that characterized the best moments of the band. Nookie (the transitions from a standard rap-metal progression to a playful singalong) and Break Stuff (a rigmarole of escalating tension) successfully coupled strength and depth. 9 Teen 90 Nine articulates the cliches of the genre in a language that is both versatile and ironic. Trust disposes with irony and melody, and resorts to electronic noise and dadaistic rhythms. They all boast the mandatory heavy riffs and rabid screams, but they all use them merely as icons of the genre, basically the pronouns (not the verbs) in a sentence.
As fashionable at the time, the seismic intensity of the songs was complemented by a few moments of the opposite kind. Thus the subdued ballads Re-Arranged and No Sex showcased human emotions, not just animal instincts, and even more original is the high drama of Nobody Like You. Lesson Learned even ventured into an oneiric rhythm-less atmosphere.
The album eskews monotony through all sorts of devices, be it the danceable grooves of I'm Broke or the chamber hip-hop of N 2 Gether Now.

7/10

Let me take a W I L D guess here...

..Scaruffi ratings?

Who else?

>brutal Rage Against the Machine sound
My sides

>According to Scaruffi MSI and Limp Bizkit is on par or better than most Bowie albums.

I am so glad we don't take him seriously...
...right?

he's too hard on bowie/beatles but unlike you guys, it seems he could at least get over focus group thinking and has a taste for the aesthetic of the ugly and the comical
i'm serious when i say "trashiness" could be the new avant-garde, lord knows why he didn't get The Ark Work though

I don't take any music reviewer seriously, though I do enjoy reading what Christgau writes

>dadaistic rhythms

Their live shows are a fucking blast even if their later albums are mid-life-crisis-y. They're lumped in with SOAD and Dog Fashion Disco where I realize their music while not so interesting or technically impressive is really fun to play for people who grew up with the same music.