Business degree is useless and you are a fucking moron if you get one

Business degree is useless and you are a fucking moron if you get one.

You don't need a business degree to start a business. You just need social skills and common sense.
It is actually much more valuable for you to get a STEM degree and be someone who can contribute heavily to the business, rather than a business major with no actual skills to aid you.

Anyone can start a fucking business. Business school as a whole is a fucking scam.
What do you think you will learn?
>Core marketing, accounting and economics
>Communication and teamwork
>Speaking and Presentations
All shit you can learn by yourself as you start your business. You don't need to pay 40000 dollars for someone to tell you this shit.

Jesus fucking christ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aww, did someone have a bad day at business school? Want me to make you a PB&J?

A reputable business school grants you connections. Also, not everyone has the capital to start a business. Maybe they're seeking the skills to work in a business?

>ITT a hurdurr who is too myopic to see that business schools provide value to other things than starting a business

Thing is user, you don't need to pay money to make connections.

Everything you said can literally be solved by having social skills.
If you want to work in a business, literally any other degree will make you more valuable.

Aaaw, bless. Bad grades? Someone steal your lunch money? You're one of those douches who says film school contributes nothing too right?

Backstory: Rural midwestern bumpkin OPs girlfriend broke up with him because she applied to a business school, and he opted not to, because he thinks that he can start a business with the knowledge he has developed from getting C's in highschool, along with the social skills developed over years of complaining anonymously on the internet. Now he's salty.

I'm getting a computer science degree. Will start a business on top of that.
Instead of wasting 4 years on the nothingness of a business degree.

Plot-twist: She actually broke up with him so she could get a good 10 months of fucking DeShaun.

So everything else was true?

The way you whine and complain on the internet suggests that you won't do very well in the business world.

You should come to sf and join the other millions of startups doing the same thing

Naa its all wrong

>Lived entire life in Massachusetts
>My gf didn't apply to business school, we broke up because she went too far away for the relationship to continue
>You actually can start a business as long as you have the willingness to learn and good social skills
>I've been on Sup Forums for 1 year so ya

The sad part thing user is that most people who get business degrees aren't doing it to start their own business, they get a business degree, then go and work for someone else, building someone elses business at their J.O.B

eveeu lthing in this world is fucking useless

if you dont know the right people youre not going anywhere. end of fucking story

lerned that shit too late already wasted time and money :c

Depends on your interests. Yes, anyone can start a business, it is starting a successful business and then maintaining control of that business that are the difficult parts. I do not think anyone should begin a business without the following. You need a basis understanding of accounting (at least two courses), you need a business law course, you need a deep understanding of microeconomics especially related to market structure, you certainly need an understanding of capital budgeting and valuation from a couple of finance courses. Take a look at what happened to Steve Jobs (and so many other tech guys) when they understood tech but not business. Pretty soon, the tech guy is gone and the business guy owns the business.

>be me
>get business degree
>make 300k+ a yr after taxes
>mfw when faggots say you dont need a business degree kek

>mfw I was offered 60k starting out of college and arent' an IT slave staying after hours and are on call nights/weekends

studied management information systems and work in business informatics now.

you just sounds like a faggot.

Fucking newfags

Got scammed by Trump U, OP?

Hi, bro.

I'm an IT Sec expert and I started a business one year ago. I have literally zero experience with business, marketing and all that shit, and I can confirm what you say : all it takes is mostly human skills, a good education and ability to question your strategy.

Anyway, I think a business expert would have been way more efficient that I've been at it !

If you just want a job, you can get any other degree and you will get paid more.

>accounting
>marketing
>economics
>computer science
>math
>science

We live in the information age, you do not need a traditional degree nor do you need to work a 9-5 job anymore. When I started my business, I went after people in my niche doing what I do and paid them direct, to learn how they do what they do. Not only that, but there is literally a wealth of information available online. Some free, some at a cost. You have access to everything you need all thanks to the power of the internet.

what's on her panties? Daisy Duck?

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo

>anecdotal

you can on average get paid more if you have a degree. even more with a masters or......

plus, a lot of places wont look at you if you dont have a degree.

so, if you want to work in accounting, why would you not get a degree in accounting.

jesus christ you fucking autismos.

If you mean a business management degree, I agree with you. If you mean any degree in business, you are a fucking potato and should kys.

A STEM degree does not even guaranty you a job, much less make you qualified to start one. And if you do start a business, and have no formal training or education, you should at least hire an accountant. I don't think your engineering degree helps you with tax codes or SEC filings, retard.

bachelor of science BA degree is fine, never pay for an arts degree

it's all about networking, if you go to a top 5 business school the classes are an afterthought.

Explain my wife and her undergraduate mgmt degree... $160k yr?
Did I mention school is average jones.

See >it's all about networking
This is the truth. If you want it bad enough, you will make connections and you will make your business succeed.
But most of you don't want it bad enough and will try to get comfort out of a shitty degree.

OP is in for a rude awakening when he graduates, starts his business, rents out space, hires employees, buys furniture and computers, and then all his clients end up going with a competitor business, because it is run by someone who graduated from the same business school they went to.

You may have the skills, knowledge, etc., and your business may be the logical choice, but clients are humans. They don't care about how much you know about IT, or software development. They want to see a business degree from some vaguely posh sounding school. Business is a boys club, and the best way to get in is to be taught by members.