This is autechre's best album: [Y/N]

This is autechre's best album: [Y/N]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhSWkOasXsg
youtube.com/watch?v=XTIeUtgYHUw
rateyourmusic.com/list/Hare/guide_to_autechres_quaristice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah, it's my current favorite. It's like the best of all of their strengths in one album, and it satisfies my vaporwave fetish

No LP5 is, oversteps is pretty good but Clark does it better

No, I prefer elseq and ae_live

That being said, oversteps is a true masterpiece

YES if you like Aphex Twin but cheaper

Autechre is the thinking man's Aphex Twin

>lp5
overrated, easily one of the worst ae release

>clark does it better
lol

I would actually agree with dis

They're all really damn good so you won't find me picking any favorites

No, but I find that it's often underrated. Great album.

If you think lp5 is the worst autechre release you don't get autechre

Checked
youtube.com/watch?v=mhSWkOasXsg

I actually think it's Confield. Every track on it is beautiful.

N

Confield is a very close second
I love it but I see it and Draft as 2 sides of the same coin where Confield focuses on sound design and atmosphere and Draft focuses on the rhythms and layering of the music. Both are god-tier though

Draft 2 is my second favorite. I really liked the sound during this era. I had quite a hard time getting into Exai for all the synth (?) chords.

they don't have a bad record imo

i'm partial to chiastic

nah, confield is the best by far.

I understand why Oversteps is a favorite, but I didn't like it too much
r ess and d sho qub are nice, but I prefer nth.dafuseder b
Or whatever the fuck the names are

>nth.dafuseder b
that flute that comes in is so unlike them. sound very boc-esque

Nope, draft is much better.

Chiastic deserves more love. The first 4 tracks are really strong.

Some of the songs on the back half go on too long, though.

recury and pule are actually my two favorites t bh

hub is really the only weak link for me, though i still enjoy it quite a bit

Fair enough, I like them both but I'm usually ready for them to be over a couple minutes before they are.

Autechre to idm is like what radiohead to britpop.
I mean i don't even try to bait, just take time and think about it. A few of their earlier works were ok until early 00s, but then it all just got ridiculous. No matter what sophisticated gear and techniques they use now, it sounds outdated as f.

Clark is trash

strong maybe
Draft -> Exai is such a varied and strong run of albums it's hard to pick any one of em t b q h
rn my fav is untilted but it changes month to month

nah

best as in "worst"? YYYYY
Quaristice is their undisputed magnum opus

>worst
Say that to my face fucker not online
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaWVx8J5g0I

I don't know what it is about Oversteps but it's just not as memorable or powerful as a lot of their other stuff. It feels a bit generic and leaves me empty, it's a very middle of the road Autechre release.

Strongly disagree. It's among their less impressive full-lengths, along with the "fun" but commonly fan-overrated LP5, which is my personal least favorite proper full-length. But if you enjoy LP5, then you like Autechre and know a bit about their catalog, so good on you, I just don't agree at all.

Better overall albums than Oversteps include Amber, Chiastic Slide, Confield, Draft 7.30, Quaristice, and Exai (the latter two even being from the same /era/, when things quieted down a bit). Even the /companion EP/ Move of Ten is better; I literally dug it out last night as I hadn't spun it in several months and I had a sudden hankering.

One of the last times (I think) that I really listened to Oversteps was roughly 18 months ago when I did a long road trip to Chicago to see them play, and I wanted to devote car time to stuff I hadn't listened to in a while. Just not that into you, senpai.

t. own about two dozen physical CD release copies, dwelled in two lifetime concerts. Oversteps isn't one of the better albums, but Autechre is like pizza: when it's good, it's /reaaally/ good. but even when it's kinda bad.... it's still kinda good!

Just got into this guy, and I'm listening to his albums chronologically, and I have to say LP5 is my favourite so far.

>his

There's two of them you dip

> dip
You must've mistaken him with Aphex Twins.

>got into this guy

>tfw your two favorite ae lps are literally incunabula and elseq

I gave Incunabula a good solid listen recently, I'd been hankering, and also the early LPs have been re-issued. I've noticed them in vinyl at local stores and I've noticed that they've been moving, which cheers me up.

Lowride was one of my very first Autechre tracks; at the Chicago show, I obnoxiously yelled after them after they were done, knowing an encore was impossible: "AUTECHRE PRODUCTION BOOTH/BROWN! LOWRIDE! GET BACK HERE AND PLAY LOWRIDE!" They didn't get back here and play Lowride. It has a nice, straightforward, 1980s New York thing going on.

Still, they've done so much better stuff since. Why exactly do you like Incunabula so much better than any of the other full-lengths? Is it a nostalgia? I'm intending this as neutrally-as-possible, not telling you you're wrong, since we all like the group so much.

>Is it a nostalgia
perhaps it's this a bit, but in general i'm a huge fan of detroit techno as well as early 90's england techno/bleep scene, so it just appeals to me on that basis alone. add in ae's uniquely hip-hop influence and crunchy textures and i'm all in.

i do think they've done better work for sure but i just have a big emotion and stylistic attachment to it.

>"AUTECHRE PRODUCTION BOOTH/BROWN! LOWRIDE! GET BACK HERE AND PLAY LOWRIDE!"
reminds me of one of my fave ae boot moments

youtube.com/watch?v=XTIeUtgYHUw

I take it you think a lot then?

I have always considered Confield my favorite and Quaristive one of there weaker releases, but lately I've been listening to Quatistice for the first time in 6-7 years and I think I might have to agree with you now. It's so spacious.

The Quaristice period is one if the larger campaign/"cycles" of their career (until recently), which encompasses various disparate releases, about fifty tracks, and over four hours of music. I've only recently appreciated most of the rest of it, apart from the proper album.

An excellent comparison/chart/resource on these tracks is here:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Hare/guide_to_autechres_quaristice/

No

Tri Repetae was their last good album.

Tri Repetae was their first all-around good album.

Tri Repetae is their only solid album.

Tri Repetae is their worst album

Prove me wrong.

Autechre are (or were) actually good.

Because Autechre are good.

>I mean i don't even try to bait,

Nevar befor In DE history of rhe world has there beenj a band as freat as autechre. 400 years pass since mozar die. Now he recarnated, 2 hodie 1 sole. these are the bloops of god himself. exai is club banger. i get dick weto jatavee c. autechre life good.

lad...

couldn't agree more m8

wow rob looks qt here

This is true.

i don't know, it's probably LP5 or this

Commit suicide;

Peel Session 2 was kinda bad

Elseq 1-5 is their worst senpai

>vaporwave fetish
AE isnt for you

all wrong

SUPER wrong