They're all great though

Graham Chapman

lol

Terry Gilliam

Cleese = Chapman > Palin > Jones > Gilliam > Idle

Terry Gilliam

The one in my pants, bitch

Cleese. He supports brexit and hates pakis

Just barely above Cleese and Palin, but agreed.

>Idle worst

Is it because he wrote the ending to The Holy Grail?

correct

The skits are real.

Cleese a overall best. It's the facial expressions (just check Sup Forums's banners) and his slow burns when his characters are dealing with someone stupid. There's probably some heightism in my preference, too: Cleese was (is) the tallest python.

I like this thread. Can we discuss the "factions" and their work?

Chapman and Cleese (IIRC) were the Cambridge dyad, while Palin and Jones were the Oxford set. Each duo had different writing styles, and if I were a true autist I would remember details. Chapman and Cleese had a penchant for "thesauras writing", just tossing off long strings of words to fill space. By the truncated fourth season (Cleese had left), Palin/Jones pushed back on this transparent tactic in a sketch or two, they'd got sick of it I think. Idle was the solo act, tossing out shitty stuff with a shitty grin all the while, much of which works.

Palin made me laugh a bunch of times, whereas Jones tended to be a more humane foil in the sketches, whether as a pepperpot (when they dress up as old ladies) worrying over her boy. Jones is more understated and doesn't go for the big laughs IIRC. Although earlier on wasn't it him flinging cats and making mice squeak the bells of st mary?

As a Minnesota boy, I feel some connection to Gilliam.

While we're at it we should also mention Seventh Python Carol Cleveland and Cleese's then-wife Connie Booth, for when actual q.t. women were absolutely essential. I get them mixed up but it was Booth on Terry Jones's scales at the witch trial with the punchline "it's a fair cop". I think it was Carol who had more of that Dumb Dora stuff, riffing off of the gents.

Monty, ofc.

Brian or Holy Grail?

He's the self proclaimed fifth nicest. Might just be referencing that ;)

Cleese and Chapman were my favorites. Next would be Palin.

Live At The Hollywood Bowl

Brian

He is my favourite

And now for something completely different.

Correct ranking:
Palin
Chapman
Cleese
Jones Idle tie
Not listing Gilliam, it's apples and oranges

Wtf? Why do all of you hate Idle? He's my favourite next to Palin. If there's one I don't care for it's Chapman.

I don't hate Idle. I just like Cleese, Chapman, and Palin more.

What I can't fathom is why you dislike Chapman. He was the perfect straight man.

>He was the perfect straight man.

Joke intended?

name one funny skit by these guys. no parrot or spam

excellent, yes i agree