>get no response
>'meh I'm sure there busy'
>find out today they blocked me on twitter
>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/xyc3zef0
clyp.it/mzpmltya
twitter.com/AnonBabble

work harder to prove them wrong, dont be a puss and give up and soak now cuz THAT will prove ur talentless idiot

I know user but it was a shot to my pride, the songs I sent were just rough demos I didn't think they were that bad, maybe I just spilled my spaghetti in the email

They probably stole your songs and will use them. You're a stupid nigga.

/thread

that's the easiest copyright lawsuit ever, sending it on twitter is as good as mailing yourself a copy of your book. that shit is kept forever.

that would be exciting desu but i think this is right

Why would they block you. They could just ignore it if they're not interested or disliked it.

The artist you admire is a dick head.

Don't let that affect your judgement of their art though.

Twitter is the worst form of human interaction ever created, people will block you even if you've never contacted them in your life. (which is fine but it's really really silly)

lurking their page it seems like they went through and mass blocked a bunch of accts they thought were bots, prob had nothing to do with the email which is prob just being ignored

Oh if that's the case then never mind my post. Randomly blocking a ton of people based on an assumption like that is still a retarded overreaction though.

"if i blocked you and you're not a bot send me an email about it and i'll unblock you"
^tweet from the same day i sent my demos. maybe theyre just buried by people trying to get unblocked and not terrible? a man can dream lol

who is it

mat cothran

>tfw he likes my music

>If you have to ask for permission or advice, in Rollins own words, "it means you are kind of shaky in your convictions." Did James Brown and Iggy Pop ask for permission to pursue careers in music? No; they just said, "get out of the way; here it comes."

it was pretty tame desu, mentioned i was drunk because its kind of long/rambling but basically it was like:
>say im looking forward to new album/tour
>quote interview he gave where he mentioned overthinking creative process
>say it really struck me
>talk about how i like playing/writing music but never had ambitions to release anything/perform
>realize playing/writing is more fulfilling when actually sharing with other people
>ask for advice for singing/writing lyrics
>attatch 2 demos ive had bouncing around

Oh that guy.
I love that guys music, at least what i've heard of it.
Her Sinking Sun is a one of a kind song which gets me in a one of a kind mood.
Why not post the demos here and we can see for ourselves, if you find that sharing thing rings true.

clyp.it/xyc3zef0
clyp.it/mzpmltya

I was drunk when I found out Phil's wife died and sent him a really cringy email saying how sorry I was to hear about it.

He never replied and didn't block me or anything but it makes me cringe to think about it.

I live in Asheville and most people who've interacted with Mat Cothran say he's an ass. I've seen him as some shows. Don't put much thought into it

>drunk messaging

you are and idiot

You dont know these people and they dont want to know you. Why would you contact them? Embarrassing.

post them here faggot. ill spam your music given you and i probably share the same aspirations

not bad, not my type of music but i think you sound like what you want to sound like, which is admirable

thanks user, ya outside of working on my singing i want to fill out the instrumentation and develop the lyrics/structure more but im pretty content with them as demos desu

Get a hold of yourself. That dude doesn't need emails from autists like you when his wife died.

The only time you should DM a musician is if you wanna buy something from them and they don't have a store or something set up

>new to facebook
>accidentally friend request one of my prog idols thinking it was a fan page
>they accept
>casually comment on their posts over the years
>they actually wish me happy birthday on my wall like five years later and urge me not to give up on my own music

Musicians are people too. It's unlikely you'll ever become "friends" with them unless you end up working together or something but you can still have very positive interactions with them.