Anyone else can't focus on a movie?

Anyone else get bored when watching any movie no matter how good and just need to do something else at the same time like browsing the internet or playing a mindless video game? How to remedy this? I want to enjoy movies.

You have ADD

adhd

iktf bro

when i'm in a movie theater i can just relax and enjoy a movie but behind my pc i get distracted very easily

big bucket of popcorn with sweets

cannabis and/or alcohol

smoke weed, focuses the mind and you'll enjoy the movie better.

Unfuck yourself. No literally, this shit is common with people born in the 90's and onward.
Somewhere during your forming years you chose to develop the wrong kind of mentality.
People do nothing really nothing in their lives and they are bored, and they continued to do the same shit everyday and they continue to complain about being bored. Unfuck yourself.

I eat unshelled pistachios to keep my hands busy

3 bong hits

Speaking seriously, it sounds like you have genuine ADD, man. Talk to your doctor.

>DUDE YOU HAVE TO SMOKE WEEDS LMAO TO FOCUS MAN ENJOY MOVIES

kill yourselves

Pretty much this. Most kids are totally incapable of focusing on singular tasks.

>DUDE I HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A FRUIT BAT AND CANT FOCUS ON ONE THING FOR 90 MINUTES AT A TIME
How the fuck do people like this survive?

so instead of you having an autistic anger explosion, what is your suggestion to help OP focus on movies?

protip: weed helps with autistic anger explosions.

How do I do what you say though?

I only really watch movies at the weekend. I also happen to only ever drink at the weekend too (my simultaneous shitposting is perpetual and goes without saying) so, unless I watch one early enough in the day, I usually have only scant memories of the last hour of any movie I watch, assuming I didn't just turn it off halfway through to focus on youtube and shitposting

It's not necessary to survival.

>youtube and shitposting
I too get drunk on the weekends and look at stupid videos and shitpost simultaneously

I do, but it's more an anxiety/depression thing than attention. I feel like I'm never really immersed in what I watch most of the time, and forcing myself to finish it feels like I'm ruining the film for myself.

When I'm in the right mood and can find the right movie I can watch anything, long, slow whatever, and love it

Get a prescription for adderall.

OP here, also have anxiety/depression, maybe it's that?

I don't know, all those antidepressant ads always talk about losing interest in things you like. Probably something along those lines

what are your anxieties about?

Me in a nutshell anons

>put in movie
>watch 15 min of it
>alt tb look at the movie in wikipedia
>look at trivia and faqs on imdb and shit
>come back to movie
>im now not in the mood

>watch movie
>see first 15 mins
>an okay looking actress enters the scene
>go to imdb
>google [actress name] nude
>im now not in the mood for the movie

>watch movie
>see a scene that triggers me
>go to imdb and see if it triggers others too
>sometimes read 10-20 pages of people arguing about it
>m now not in the mood for the movie

>see an interesting movie
>say to myself "id totally immerse myself to this and I wont alt tab"
>25 mins in
>its 3:00am on a weekend
>tomorrow it is!

I cringed

>watch movie
>see a scene that triggers me
>go to imdb and see if it triggers others too
>sometimes read 10-20 pages of people arguing about it
>im now not in the mood for the movie
This better be some stupid awkwardness and not "HE SAID NIGGER" that "triggers" you

Watching movies while high is the easiest way to trigger a fa/tv/irgin. I can't even imagine how mad you get when you read a post about someone smoking weed while watching a movie.

oh fucking no, its usually the scenes that dont make sense, basically I look if people have my headcanon too like the engineers from prometheus

Social anxiety and constant fear of being attacked when I'm outside, this kind of stuff but I don't see how it could be related to the inability to focus on any movie

Damn I feel bad for you guys. Not meaning this in a condescending or insulting way, I honestly feel so bad that you guys can't enjoy film.

But to op and others in this thread, id like to ask, do you have this problem with all art?
You all seem to have some appreciation or desire to appreciate art, might it just be that film isn't the right medium for you? I have a friend who this is true of, he is able to recognize great film making but just doesn't have the patience to watch a film regardless of quality.

mins in
>>its 3:00am on a weekend
>>tomorrow it is!
Every fucking time. The only time of day I feel totally into watching a movie is the hour or so at the end of the day before I start feeling tired

I remember it took me 6 days to finish Dances with wolves

OP here, I get bored and agitated very fast when I read a book, listen to music or have to stay idle 2 min.

Shitposting is funnier than watching movies.
Just accept the truth.

This. I watch a lot of movies 20mins at a time because I get bored fast.

all depends on 3 things for me

>the setting (how comfortable my room is, is it comfy? is it raining?)
>my mood
>and how good shitposting threads are in Sup Forums

take this for exampletook me 6 days to finish Dances with Wolves because I found that I could only watch it when I'm eating something, so I often broke the movie in 25 min doses

The Last Samurai however, I watched it without alt-tabbing or going on a break, because I was comfy, it was raining outside the moment Arugren was getting beaten by the Japanese guy in the rain, and it really was a better Dances

I've had issues with this for about two years now. This sounds gay af but it's simply a matter of relearning how to 'be' in the present, and to do this we need to shut off devices that will distract us

If you're watching a movie on your laptop, place it out of reach

Fuck this gay technological age, I'm so glad I got to glimpse life before the internet and mobile phones ruined everything

>able to recognize great film making but just doesn't have the patience to watch a film regardless of quality.
This is me really. Unless it's extraordinarily compelling I just don't have the patience for most film, though I can pour hours into books easily. Recently I've started reading screenplays though and it works, I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy the story but unable to sit through the actual film.

exactly this,except the scene trigger stuff

No

Something must be really fucked up with you
I can't get my gf to watch a movie at the house, she falls asleep
But not if we go to the movies
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her but it pisses me off

This. I watched 7 samurai and Amadeus without breaks but it took few days to watch Alien.

movies are a passive form - maybe the constant interactivity from the internet (and vidya) have made it really difficult to just sit back and receive information?
read a good book - that requires active attention, and is probably different from other sorts of low-effort activities you've been doing

Not if it's a good movie

Are you a fucking child? I bet you can't even read a book.

just think of people buying a ticket, taking a seat and be prisonners for two hours + one hour of pushed ads.
or think of people switching on their telly, taking a seat, and go full vegetables for four hours.

now you feel better.

You have a bad attention span.

This: Whenever you notice you're getting distracted, ask yourself why. Maybe you're restless because you've got an actual reason you weren't actually thinking about - maybe you're hungry, thirsty, gotta take a piss or something. If not, return to the movie. You need to make yourself conscious about it. If you think you're just bored, focus instead on asking questions in your head about what's going on in the movie. If the movie is boring at the moment (but you know you want to continue watching) then focus on or ask questions about something happening in the background (like pay attention to the extras, admire the sets, etc.). If you're already knee-deep in distraction, try to realize it and stop. The point is to consciously think about what you're doing and correct it if needed.

I find this sort of approach helps when sometimes when I get distracted while reading a book. I think a movie is easier to focus on though, since it'll keep going on even if you're attention drifts momentarily.

Maybe this sounds stupid ("just don't get distracted lol"), but I think if you're mindful about how you're thinking, it will eventually become habitual.

I feel the exact same way, plan on buying a second monitor so I can shitpost and watch at the same time

I suggest studying a skill. Programming, music, a foreign language, whatever.

You're going to want to do something else. However, you're not going to. You're going to keep studying. Get your mind used to focusing on one thing for several hours at a time, gathering information, learning things, and asking questions.

Not only will this help your focus, it will get those neural pathways forming and make you smarter.

Thanks.

they have medicine for that