/bleep/ is idm not edm!!

why do people say that bleep threads are edm?

edm is more dancing, partying, raving, etc. just getting yourself up and enjoying yourself. /bleep/ stuff is laid back and chill. it's not really music for dancing, its more jam/focused listening based

for those who don't know there's two types of electronic music: idm and edm:
idm is old 70s-90s electronic music. typically slow tempo, no "drops" like modern EDM.

edm is 00s-10s electronic music. higher tempo. 2-3 "drops" in it, a lot louder than idm

/bleep/ is idm.

cringe...not all bleep is idm

like what exactly? post some /bleep/ songs that aren't idm

i knew you couldn't do it

uk garage, jungle, dnb = idm ?

yes

It's like the mid 90s all over again.

sorry dude i love porter and that album but you type like a 14 year old newfag who doesnt know how Sup Forums works and barely listened to anything other than some monstercat-tier shit on youtube

stop being so musically sheltered and start to learn how to enjoy all of electronic music

no

yes

/bleep/ threads are more autistic than [s4s]

You can tell they're mad when they make endless threads about you.

so much this

Hey I got to disagree with you there bud. I love IDM, but I find a lot of EDM to be really, really boring. I don't frequent /bleep/, but a majority of what they post isn't IDM.

If you think something is IDM just because you've never heard of it before or because it sounds different than something like monstercat or deadmau5, you need to listen to more music.

Same here. Talk shit about this album on the monstercat Reddit and everyone will go "You don't know music!!!!"

I used to just listen to monstercat until I heard other people. Now, I like people like Camo and krooked, urbandawn, reso, Whiney, and billain

Cringe

Why cringe? Why?

Idm is pretty much instrumental but there is some good things from it. Deadmau5 had a album that had some of those elements and it felt very different.
/bleep/ isn't perfect, but it's more focused on underground music. Even things I think aren't normal to listen to, the entire thread can find stuff even more obscure

nah /bleep/ is a collection of betas pretending to be Australian while getting autistic about the differences between Progressive Deep Jungle Housestep and Deep Progressive Jungle Dubhouse

>dubhouse

What the hell

>I used to just listen to monstercat until I heard other people. Now, I like people like Camo and krooked, urbandawn, reso, Whiney, and billain

this is an equivalent of "im not a brony anymore, im a furry now"

So me changing my own views on the genre and finding better things to listen to is like making myself worse? What the fuck are you on? Do you even listen to them at all?

this is the most obvious b8 i've ever seen yet everyone took it