National Anthem

Thoughts on sitting during the National Anthem

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-PBf_H3z63A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop shilling. no one gives a fuck about this fake ass story Schlomo.

Attention whores and people trying to be like their parents and fight for their rights even though they have all the rights already thanks to people who actually had to fight for them.

whocareslol

Why do we play the national anthem for everything? I've been to England and Germany and the anthem plays when the National Team Plays.

I'm on active duty currently. I am also overwhelmingly apathetic about this

From that pic it seems kneeling is just an opportunity to lovingly stare at a white mans ass.

Maybe you should have stayed in cuckistan, faggot

>he asked a good point question
>w-w-why dont u just s-stay there! hur dur usa u fkn nigger xD
jesus

t. hick

I've never once seen a veteran speak against it, but I've seen hundreds of white males speak for veterans as if they don't have the power

Speaking out for those who really don't give a shit otherwise transcends politics.

You haven't "seen" anything, you're selectively choosing what you look at on social media and have a biased notion of veterans supporting the disrespect of the country they fight for

I've "seen" plenty of veterans upset about it and I'm 100% sure a majority would take it as an insult

I've always thought this since I was a little kid, it's fucking stupid and has probably been played out so much that it's lost meaning, leading to people not thinking much of protesting it

I have many gripes with this shit.

First of all, there isn't a real clear message or solution involved. Kaepernick said he was protesting "the racial oppression in this country" and that he would sit until it was "fixed". Let's get down to pinpointing exactly what he's trying to imply here:

That there is widespread "oppression" against blacks and hispanics? What does that entail? All of the welfare they reserve, the food stamps, affirmative action, butt kissing, and shit, the ability to earn millions playing a fucking game? How does constituting the majority of the most lucrative sport on this planet reflect "national oppression"? Does he think the police are oppressive? Well they're shooting twice as many whites so there goes your idea of racial exclusivity. What's your idea of national systemic oppression, bud?

And if this qualifies as oppression, then what doesn't? Or what's worse than oppression, would you call the actual issues of the 50's and 60's of segregation and lynchings, super-oppression? It's kind of demeaning to compare the two, not to mention self-aggrandizing on his part since he likens himself to the original civil rights champions who set the stage for a spoiled little faggot like him to pocket a $50 million dollar paycheck then insult the entire country of his birth (and his adoptive white parents who stepped in when his asshole black dad bounced).

Factor in the fact that blacks murder each other at astronomical rates in comparison and the whole thing looks like a faggot fuck hypocritical oppression olympics that's only going to serve to divide a national society that's already starting to tear at the seams. So good job I guess

>A few hundred black people partake in professional sports, so black people aren't oppressed!
>More people of a race which makes up 80% of America are shot by police, so the police love black people!
>Even though black people are treated differently, it doesn't count because it's not as bad as another point in history!

So tell me, how's high school?

I think you lack nuance here. No, black people, as a collective, aren't being oppressed. There are some black individuals who are being mistreated, yes, but as a race and collective that is incorrect. There are no laws, institutions, or epidemic trends that would indicate they are being singled out and oppressed.

If they were oppressed as a race in this country, they wouldn't hold the HIGHEST OFFICE and dominate much of the cabinet, wouldn't be 80% of the NFL and 90% of the NBA, and wouldn't be deliberately supported through public funding and affirmative law. It's entirely contradictory to that assertion, simply doesn't make any sense.

Now if you want to control for socioeconomic class and come to the conclusion that poorer classes (which blacks are overrepresented in) are enduring higher levels of police brutality and mistreatment, go ahead and be a fucking adult and make that claim. But don't go insulting this entire country and people (especially whites) and try to insinuate that they are being racist and oppressing all black people. It's not only wrong, it gets people defensive, and rightfully so, think about that claim.

Consider getting your convictions from something other than CNN

I'll add that the longer this racial identity shit continues the more you're going to start seeing white people naturally collectivize and our society regress back into an era when people cared more about the color of their skin than their national identity

it's funny enough that it's continuing with the protest of national American symbols

You know how many people hate the fact that there's so much as a half-black president? You don't see all the racists that enjoy blacks in sport for their entertainment, but froth at the mouth once they have a personality?

No actions are being taken on a national scale (to our knowledge) to oppress black people, but repercussions of slavery, segregation, and the crack epidemic still last and will still last for the foreseeable future. I don't "get my convictions" from the news, my perception comes from living in Chicago: from both knowing people who get harassed by the police, and from knowing white people whose dads and uncles working as police, prison guards and the like are racist wastes of life.

The polarization of this country hasn't come from any social awareness movement, but the attempted rationalization of racism from Trump and his supporters, and the victim mindset of neo-conservatives stemming from teabaggers and other white people that think they're being oppressed because something hurt their feelings.

>No actions are being taken on a national scale (to our knowledge) to oppress black people, but repercussions of slavery, segregation, and the crack epidemic still last and will still last for the foreseeable future. I don't "get my convictions" from the news, my perception comes from living in Chicago: from both knowing people who get harassed by the police, and from knowing white people whose dads and uncles working as police, prison guards and the like are racist wastes of life.

That is unbelievably rich. You live in the city that just passed FIVE HUNDRED HOMICIDES for the year and you are still preoccupied with historical mistreatment. Maybe that's why you're stuck in a barrel of dog shit and will be for the foreseeable future as a race.

>The polarization of this country hasn't come from any social awareness movement, but the attempted rationalization of racism from Trump and his supporters, and the victim mindset of neo-conservatives stemming from teabaggers and other white people that think they're being oppressed because something hurt their feelings.

That is merely a symptom of the effects of what is happening in this country under Obama. Why are you talking about their victim mindset as if this whole thing wasn't started by the "Black Lives Matter" movement going after cops instead of the enormous problems endemic within their own communities. Talk about a victim complex, they should write the book on it. In fact, you seem to be projecting quite a bit. We're in a thread about some middle class little fag who was raised by white people, worrying about what happens in crime ridden neighborhoods around the country every once in a while.

Also it doesn't matter if "some people" dislike Obama. What matters is the majority of this country, in other words "this country", and they voted him in. If blacks were still oppressed this wouldn't be remotely feasible.

Or else really, what is your definition of national oppression? I bet we could apply it to whites as well since it is so loose. As I mentioned before, it's not like they don't get killed by cops in droves as well.

Americans play the national anthem whenever someone successfully sharpens a pencil, you do it so fucking often it's not worth standing up for desu. It's become an advertising jingle more than the meaningful moment it is supposed to be.

500 murders is tame compared to the '90s. It's just convenient for racists to use Chicago as a tool in argument now. You don't know about Chicago and the internal problems it has with the police as well as the people living here, so don't bother.

BLM was started by a diverse group of black youths addressing more than just police brutality. People who don't understand it apply it to everything negative that they want to pay attention to. It has no leader or set rules, not dissimilar from Anonymous. Everything you say points to ignorance of the black communities you speak of. It doesn't really matter because there's thousands of Trump retards on the internet talking about how black people don't do anything for their own communities, while people try to spread awareness about mistreatment because that's something that white people could actually change. Nevermind people like Chance The Rapper, Deray McKesson, and all the positive figures that people are looking up to, the problem comes from racist whites in power.

lol white people getting so buttmad over this still

It will accomplish nothing.

it's funny how all these people complain about America but are unwilling to move out.

Exactly why I don't understand why people are so triggered by Kaepernick. You don't stand at attention when you're at home eating chips and drinking beer while it's playing, so why does it all of a sudden matter?

lol if it was so easy as to leave just like that, millions of people would. same reason all the rednecks that complain about obama never left.

why don't black people realize that if they stop committing so many crimes then they wouldn't be targeted by the police

>500 murders is tame compared to the '90s. It's just convenient for racists to use Chicago as a tool in argument now. You don't know about Chicago and the internal problems it has with the police as well as the people living here, so don't bother.

Wow, you're so dismissive about it. And it's actually at it's highest rate since the 90's, a reverse trend. Can you guess why? I actually used to live there when I was younger, and my parents lived there for a long time before moving. We've discussed it for a while, it's a classic case.

>
BLM was started by a diverse group of black youths addressing more than just police brutality. People who don't understand it apply it to everything negative that they want to pay attention to. It has no leader or set rules, not dissimilar from Anonymous. Everything you say points to ignorance of the black communities you speak of. It doesn't really matter because there's thousands of Trump retards on the internet talking about how black people don't do anything for their own communities, while people try to spread awareness about mistreatment because that's something that white people could actually change. Nevermind people like Chance The Rapper, Deray McKesson, and all the positive figures that people are looking up to, the problem comes from racist whites in power.

What is the mistreatment, and what do you think whites "should change"? I don't mean selectively cherrypicking a case of someone being mistreated, as I said, I can do that for whites as well. I could even look at something like "whites are killed by blacks at a much higher rate than blacks killed by whites" and make the claim that whites are being "oppressed", by your stretches of logic and rationale. That's all this thing is, selectively cherrypickg what you want to see and applying it in confirmation bias to coalesce with your perspective. Some people simply want to be victims, McKesson is a perfect example.

because he's exploiting tragedies to buy himself one more year in the NFL. he knows that by doing all of this, the 49ers can't cut him without appearing racist. and let's be honest, if you can't beat out Blaine fucking Gabbert for the starting QB job then you don't belong in the NFL.

Because he followed it up with a condemnation of this entire country and society?

They aren't targeted by police. Police don't want to have to deal with that shit. It's simply the reality of the situation, black neighborhoods are war zones police are forced to go into constantly and get into unsavory situations.

No one cares. Why are you faggots playing the national anthem every game anyway?

I'm more upset at the reaction, acting like the flag is holy or some diety, makes me uneasy desu senpai

Half the people talking shit about him don't know shit about football. It's not about that. Regardless of the fact that Gabbert is fucking awful and Kaep could at least make the option meme work a little longer, he's just an educated man (probably because of being raised by rich white people) and is one of the few NFL players to give a fuck about more in life than just money.

The blind, exaggerated patriotism isn't just a meme, there's people who actually think like that

>black kid a product of this country's benevolent adoption system, raised by whites
>comes to the final conclusion that this nation is racist and oppressive

pottery

You can't just approach Chicago murders like saying or doing one thing is gonna change shit overnight. Shit's different now from how it was in the '90s. People solve problems in different ways now.

How can you say DeRay is just playing victim? If you condemn one of the only positive voices out there, who do you want him to be?

then why didn't Kaep do this last year when he still had the starting job and most of the high-profile cases that have been cherrypicked ad nauseum were still settled?

>You can't just approach Chicago murders like saying or doing one thing is gonna change shit overnight. Shit's different now from how it was in the '90s. People solve problems in different ways now.

And you're acting like, in a country of 320 million with plenty of violent sectors scattered about, you're going to stop people occasionally getting killed by cops overnight? Have you ever considered that this is simply a direct byproduct of our violent society and these situations would exist in much smaller capacity if our inner cities reduced violent crime? As I mentioned prior, twice as many whites are killed by cops. Now black deaths are elevated proportionally, but so are their rates of crime, and violent crime in particular, almost at the same proportion. More crime -> more interaction with police -> more altercations. Our violence resembles Brazil in certain parts, and they have higher levels of police killing. It's simply a byproduct. That isn't solvable by complaining and getting on a knee during the beginning of a football game.

>How can you say DeRay is just playing victim? If you condemn one of the only positive voices out there, who do you want him to be?

He's merely divisive. As soon as he hears a story about POTENTIAL injustice he will jump to the conclusion that it was racist, fly to the scene, and start a protest. He complains about anything and everything, not only muddling the distinction between real and fake injustice but creating the sensation of constant, widespread oppression in this country due to selective attention bias. If you actually step outside and turn off twitter for a few days you'll notice we aren't actually a Jim Crow era society chasing negroes up trees and killing them in cold blood.

Media has an incredible role in the production of this narrative, from the mainstream to individuals such as himself.

It's gotten to the point where people don't stop to think for a second about it and default to "muh oppression". An armed black guy was shot by a black cop in Milwaukee and they immediately rioted regardless. What a positive trend

So basically, we aren't killing people, so racism is dead.

I like this guy

Did I miss the meme to this or you mean kneeling?

Vet myself here. I don't particularly give a shit what he or other people do. Kneel, stand, shove it up your ass for all I care.

I'm far more concerned with the culture of the country being one where being a victim is a virtue, where it isn't what you have to say but what the color of your skin is that gives or robs you of credibility, where oppression is such a watered down term that people use it to describe everything from cops killing people in cold blood to the most innocuous, inane bullshit.

Kape and his misguided groupies can do what they want, dance around burn a fucking flag. More power to them. I'm way more concerned with the movement in academics that labels you racist for being born the wrong color, intentionally committing the most egregious fallacies and calling them personal truth, and that freedom of speech is not a virtue if you use it for anything they consider "wrong."

Instead of offering a hand to help the less fortunate up, they want to use that hand to push everyone down. Might as well join in I guess; I'll start blaming the patriarchy every time I get stuck in traffic.

Would you stand for the British national anthem: 'God Save The Queen'?

What if, at the next regular season games at Wembley Stadium, all the British in the audience sat down during the US natiional anthem? Would everyone in your country say 'They had more than every right in the world to do so, and we don't have the right to think about criticising their decisiion in any way, shape or form'?

I could care less. They can kneel till they are out of the league for all I care. These idiots pick the worst platforms to show their displeasure with "the way things are". If they think fans (no matter what color) of a multi-billion dollar ENTERTAINMENT industry want to tune in every week to see this shit then they are delusional.

When I go to games I wanna sit out of laziness/not caring about nationalism, but don't wanna get eaten out by other fans

shut up, you tart

are you an idiot? well, never mind, 17 y/o neck bead

youtu.be/-PBf_H3z63A

Bump for thruth

>Muh fee fees

They're well within their rights, and nobody can come up with a good reason why they shouldn't kneel without resorting to straw man arguments about the troops.

Here when the anthem is played at the first day of the season the ultras try to disturb it by singing their fan songs.

I just noticed that all of my Facebook friends that are butthurt about Kaepernick sitting are the same ones that openly support Trump. Literally every single one of them. Coincidence? No, they're all just fucking retards.

>Murder rate in Chicago is highest in decades
>most of it is black on black gang related crime
>how come black celebrities never protest against gangs?

the reason is that FBI crime statistics prove that what they're protesting against isn't even a real problem. but people like you are gullible enough to believe something they see on the news without doing any research, thus blowing up this non issue into a national "debate".

Anytime they do an investigation into police departments like they did in Baltimore, it proves it is a real problem. But people like you are self absorbed enough to think your view of the world is 100% accurate despite the fact you have no life experience involving the subject you're talking about.

baltimore is a black city with a higher rate of crime alone than some of our states. in cities like that if police aren't brutal and indifferent, they will be taken advantage of, sometimes in ways that result in their deaths. you are unbelievably naive to compare that city with the country as a whole.

it's costing these niggers millions of dollars in sponsorships so it works for me