The great war

>HBO ww1 series when?
also ww1 kino thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2PQp5eIR0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who gives a shit about ww1
best war is the deuce

Would Sup Forums bitch and moan if we got an episode to show off the Harlem Hellfighters?

Just seent beneath hill 60, was pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=v2PQp5eIR0o

I wish we had more WWI shit
Ive sat through enough WWII content to last me a lifetime

We've seen a lot of European front stuff and also the Pacific, but Africa Front is still ripe with stories

of course

>that potential Lost Battalion subplot
that would be golden

Yes, a real WW1 series would barely feature Americans at all. They barely fought and the Germans they did fight in the last few months of the war were low quality

Seems like legit reasons, cool

They should do one about 1916 following the Somme, Verdun and Brusilov Offensive. Could even add the Italian-Austrian front as well but that is a lot.

Bump

You know what would be interesting? Make it focus on the initial 1914 campaign in the west when it was still a war of movement and have the series end with the Christmas truce, the trench warfare shit is overdone and boring and depressing as hell.

Overdone? When's the last time a mainstream movie cover ww1 at all

Band of Brothers?

Maybe overdone wasn't the right word, it's just that World War I in the popular consciousness is usually trench warfare and battles such as the Somme and Verdun.

My bad, I'm tired and blind and i didn't read "WW1"

U.K., United States, Russia and France vs rest of Europe, coming in 2018

>HBO version of Storm of Steel

Holy fuck that would be awesome.

I'd watch anything involving the North African campaign.

we really need a faithful high budget german storm of steel adaptation, shame it'll never happen

problem with WW1 is that it's relevance, while pivotal to those who know history, is dwarfed to the average viewer in comparison to the subsequent world war that shaped the world we live in now. plus there wasn't really the same level of 'evil' involved like with the Hitler and Stalin, so its hard to paint a black and white narrative
>inb4 Armenian genocide
Ottomans were largely peripheral and an advanced zombie empire by then anyway

desu I'm not even sure what exactly kicked off WW1. I know the details, but just not sure how or why the assassination of FF led to every country in Europe suddenly losing their shit and going all out, but I'm not a student of history so whatever