ITT: Music artists that you want to be brought back to life

ITT: Music artists that you want to be brought back to life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MLMi_ab5-30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not him definitely

why?

Oh look it's the guy that make songs encouraging suicidal people to kill themselves.

Right because the vegetable man was so great
He was the embodiment of his time period's scene kid

>reading comments on YouTube for a laugh
>on a fela kuti song
>someone says "I can definitely hear some Zappa in this"
I hate frank Zappa fans

hate this ghoul and his deaf fans. i hope he will stay dead.

rip ringo ;(

The Lizard King, cause why not.

Duane Allman

He would probably still make some good stuff but he was very trendy, I can see him getting absorbed by Ableton or something and making cringey DAWcore albums like he did with the Synclavier

I entirely support both of you. Let's also throw in Jimi Hendrix, while we're at it.

:(

He was too young

>wearing a t-shirt advertising the gig you're wearing the t-shirt at

Amazing.

excuse me?

yupp... total mind blower XD

Suicide Chump

I think Uncle Meat is Zappa's best album

what zappa album do i listen to next?
HARDMODE:not hot rats

So a satirical song that ends in the man NOT killing himself encourages suicide? Hot damn.

>but he was very trendy
fufufu

I guess "trendy" isn't the best word, but he was always very invested in the latest technology

Sounds like something Sup Forums would approve

> re-animate
> finish 10th symphony

Hot Rats, Man from Utopia, and Sheik Yerbouti are my 3 favorites. I own his whole discography though. He pretty much never released a bad album.

Thanks for the chart, user

to be quite honest

I KNOW YOU'RE STILL ALIVE IDIOT, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS RIGHT NOW, NOW FINISH THE FUCKING REQUIEM

>I KNOW YOU'RE STILL ALIVE
No he's not you fucker. Mozart is obviously dead and there's no way he could even live that long

finish the album you fucker

I finally found you! Finish that Requiem RIGHT NOW.

>tfw you bring him back and he still doesn't want to make music

pls man, the band needs you

>Describing his political views, Frank Zappa categorized himself as a "practical conservative". He favored limited government and low taxes; also stated that he approved of national defense, social security, and other federal programs, but only if recipients of such programs are willing and able to pay for them. He favored capitalism, entrepreneurship, and independent business, stating that musicians could make more from owning their own businesses than from collecting royalties. He opposed communism, stating, "A system that doesn't allow ownership... has—to put it mildly—a fatal design flaw."
D R O P P E D so hard. Thank fuck this politically-illiterate hack is dead.

based zappa

as long as he was somewhat lucid again

oar isn't enough skippy

>political illiteracy is based
Top kek

He didn't deserve it.

;_;

>we will never see Jimi as a touring member of Miles Davis' electric fusion band

J U S T

Prog would still be thriving today if Jimi were alive. I also nominate this man.

lmao, edgy college freshman who hates capitalism but his dad payed for all his classes.

>projecting this hard
L M A O

>Modern tech allows him to hear his works properly
This is the greatest gift you could give him.

Just for one more album

What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Marc Bolan

Phil Lynott

I second this.

>Phil Lynott
yes
yes

Wait what. What the actual fuck. I didn't even know he was dead.

only objectively correct answers in this thread
try again later

shit-tier taste

your dad shouldn't have tried again later

>objectively
Fuck off

Underrated post

He was just getting started too

kill yourself

This and no other answer. Guys like Bowie and Hendrix were no where near Zappa's level of musical understanding. His batshit insane melodies, his weird multilayered cynical humor, his virtuosic guitar improvisation, the man was undeniably a musical genius. He would continue to innovate and bring music to new places if he were brought back, unlike these "other musicians" being mentioned ITT. Even with all of his flaws, Zappa was consistently opening up new musical ideas for future generations.

Mmmmmmm... Jimi wasn't prog... not even close.

what a fag lol

Hahaha! Good one, nigga!

only correct answer desu

>his weird multilayered cynical humor

exactly. He wasn't funny to anyone but himself

Of course I know that. Prog didn't take shape until the '70s. If Hendrix were still alive, he'd most likely have become a prog musician, as that was the direction he was headed in.

In every thread that mentions Frank Zappa there's always one of the same haters and they are always clinically autistic, unable to take sarcasm or fun in the slightest.

And that's what continues to offend people who can't fathom the idea that someone dared to put humor in their music and didn't make the thousandth album about being in love.

this

Stupid way to die.

And what's more his music video for the song You Are What You Is was forever banned from being aired on MTV.
>In 1984, Zappa was forced to release amusic video. Although the film clip used advanced color graphics on normal dance and singing type footage, its circulation was restricted due to parts of it where an actor, who was made to look likeRonald Reagan, was sitting in what looked like anelectric chairwhilst applying hair creme and singing. It is also notable for being the only conventional music video that Zappa ever made. The lyrics also contain the sentence "I ain't no nigger no more", which likely also had an effect on its broadcast. The video was banned from ever being aired onMTV. This didn't prevent it from being featured on "Canoe", a 1993 episode of the American television showBeavis and Butt-Head, also aired on MTV (though the show abruptly switches to "The Animal Song" byThe Europeansearly on, then returns to Zappa for the tail end of "You Are What You Is").

Please refer to:

Please watch this interview. The man was a prophet. He was of course cynical and satirical, but everything being neutral and beige and banning zeros and ones (math is sexist) is what's happening today. He predicted, although unknowingly, safe spaces, SJWs and third way feminism.
youtu.be/MLMi_ab5-30

>touring member

Nah, Jimi was all about Jimi.

HaHa dem ESSJAYDOUBYOUZ an FemiNAZIs lol, Zappa was a PROPHET

I imagine if Carl was still alive he'd have told Mike to fuck off about the Beach Boys name and we'd have the patrician Beach Boys line-up of Brian, Carl, Al and Bruce (because Bruce would just go with the band)

and gg allin

he was in talks of doing it right before his death

Even so, it'd be a waste of his talent.

He also didn't particularly like playing with other musicians because they limited his freedom.

he instantly came to my mind aswell

We could've had dozens of more albums by him, maybe his bitch wife would've died before she could try and ruin his legacy, and he could've toured with his son.

Shiet, I'd pull out my 20+ zappa records just to one-up you but I cba. Maybe I'll make a thread tomorrow.

Its a cliche, but yes, he died too young.

Robert Ashley

Nujabes

nvm decided to post On physical media? What's the ratio between CD/vinyl?