What does Sup Forums thinking Metallica's new album?

What does Sup Forums thinking Metallica's new album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlFq5oMB1Go
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

better than the last 4 albums but nothing can beat the others

its better than everything past AJFA but still can't beat cliff's stuff

Fuck metal licka fuck them in the ear.

Good.

Haven't listened but the cover is gay as fuck

>not enter sandman

I stopped listening to metallica after their napster bullshit.

I like how a lot of musical unknowns are able to use the internet to offer their albums completely free to the public as a way to actually sell their albums.

fuck metallica.

It was mostly Lars, he's a fag.

8/10 pretty good

It's pretty great

Not worth the eight years put into it.

I used to listen to metallica and buy their albums, but not after that. they're very good musicians, and i've enjoyed their music, but that was a lot like kevin siembieda trying to sue regular people making fan pages about palladium RPGs back in the day.

It's pretty good. A few too many mid tempo songs, though. Should have had a some more like Spit Out The Bone.

'Mostly'. Ol' Jimmy didn't help. It all went down hill when Cliff Burton died.

After they cut their hair and released the white album they were done.

Haven't listened but the cover is cool as fuck

Same fag

oh jesus fuck i remember that. looking at a cover of hit parader or metal edge and thinking "metallica looks like sound garden with pastel shorts now?"

sure
it's pretty funny we used the same wording though, i didn't even see his post

>inb4 paranoid accusation of photoshop

Ctrl + S auto-pastes spoiler, for those who didn't know.

Honestly did not know they had a new album

Probably won't even check it out, I miss the old days.

Same here.

nope

st anger was the last. what an awful, awful album. cover to cover terrible. i was done after that

heard their newer stuff on the radio. riffs all sound the same, lars and his obnoxious over-produced drumming. angry little lars beating up on his drum set

I don't understand their allure. Now or ever.

You should support artists and not be a complete piece of shit mooching off of everybody. Because selling albums isnt giving them away for free and eventually results in a break up unless youre well known.

I was a massive fan of the first 5 albums and could respect what they did with black album... but since then they have released album after album of ... well 4 minute radio song pish.

Havent tried the new one yet but im hoping they have gone back to writing long format songs with proper old school riffing.

I dunno maybe im just done with their sound. Have to wait and see.

Who cares about supporting artists? All of the best artists were poor or fucked up during the time they produced their best work.

Support the artists you really like and want to continue, but if you kind of like a band but don't want to spend money, download their album like a regular person. Maybe see them in concert if they're in town.

Just downloaded it, listening now.
First two songs so far have sounded exactly the same.

I do support artists, but i disagree with attempting to obstruct the progress of the information age because of ego and greed.

as i said, many unknowns now freely distribute official copies of their albums as an actual marketing technique that works and sells records.

primus recognized this kind of thing early on and actually had a section on their official website for trading bootlegs mp3s of their live shows back in the late 90s.

obviously you haven't seen the "faith +1" episode of south park where they specifically show that metallica and others are SUFFERING SO BAD because they can't get solid gold shit for their mansions and have to settle for cheaper, extremely expensive stuff.

Exactly my thought when I saw that comment.

I should stop binge-watching south park..

halo on fire

Everyone knows that album sales are irrelevant nowdays. Bands release albums so they have something to play at live shows which is where they make the real money. Always have.

reminds me of this old shit

youtube.com/watch?v=TlFq5oMB1Go

There are lesser known bands that use album sales to pay the bills, gents

So far this is faker then death magnetic. It's finally just a rehash of the old shit

Heard the single, was pretty dissapointed as it sounded like reused material from other songs from their last album.

>djent

Was listening to the radio when Moth to the Flame came on and was like holy shit I've never heard this metallica song it kinda rocks and turned up and drove too fast so mission accomplished