Sony Boss Calls Ghostbusters Hate ‘Greatest Thing That Ever Happened’

>In fact, in a recent interview with the chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, Tom Rothman, THR learned that not only has the hate Ghostbusters received been ineffective in derailing the film’s popularity, but just the opposite. When asked his opinion about the effect of negative online publicity from those opposed to the reboot, Rothman had this to say:

>It”’s the greatest thing that ever happened. Are you kidding me? We’re in the national debate, thank you. Can we please get some more haters to say stupid things?”

Sauce: screenrant.com/ghostbusters-reboot-hate/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ihq_MHjJ6Kw
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704
youtube.com/watch?v=Me4q2gWNKl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares?

This will do decently the first weekend and drop like a rock after that. The BvS effect.

>Given Rothman’s confidence for the film despite the backlash, the Sony exec was then asked what Ghostbusters would have to make (in terms of box office revenue) for the film to be a hit. His response?

>“Oh, I don’t know. I don’t comment about that.”

>movie launches
>No one sees it
>This is great

The guy is retarded. This movie has bombed written all over it.

I'm glad this movie bothers you.

I'm glad Felicity bothers you.

I'm glad women bother you.

You deserve to be bothered.

>Greatest Thing That Ever Happened’

Uh, I would say the greatest thing that ever happened was probably the invention of the wheel. I mean, that started civilisation on a very important track. Is Tom Rothman seriously saying this new Ghostbusters can compete with the invention of the wheel?

Look at the type of threads and those who force meme son social media
literally mexican Sup Forumsedditors

>“The good news is, you can feel the momentum of the movie. We had a thing last week where Bill Murray, who had just seen the movie, came out and said how great it was. You just could feel the cultural excitement.”

>Are you kidding me?

seriously, this Rothman really can't hide it

>Bill, Ernie and Dan all look like they don't want to be there

>checked

just because those first two rightfully bother people doesn't mean women bother us user...

TRIPS IS TRUTH

>I see what I want to see

And what do you see in that image?

This should have been the first and only response to this movie.

>Sony decides to utilize noise marketing
>you dumb shits buy into it three fold
Why couldn't you all do the sensible thing and ignore the shit out of it like that Point Break remake?
>paying bitches any mind ever

It's true. Sony itself is fanning the flames- claiming sexism. It's like free publicity. Even if a person who ordinarily wouldn't go see a movie like this, hears about the controversy surrounding this movie, they might choose to go see it out of curiosity. No matter how many people point out the flaws in this movie, while avoiding the topic of an all female cast, Sonys response is always "sexism". Sony is basically like the anons who can't think of a rebuttal or any counterpoints to a logical argument and can only reply with "sup reddit".
>I can't refute his argument so I'll just false label this guy as a sexist.

This vid may be long and boring but the guy has some good points and proof. And there are lots of people pointing out the same thing.

youtu.be/Ihq_MHjJ6Kw

You must have missed the meeting where the world unaminously agreed that any criticism of a woman equals to utter misogyny and that the egos of western women are more important than the actual oppression of women in the Middle East.

how much would it cost to do this.

i mean i could probably do it for less then 3 thousand, not including lawyers fees for the gag order on it.. but just low balling it really.

same with stuff like /boxxy/ it's not impossible to control online consensus.

Harlem Shake was proof of that.

OH SICK

>Bill Murray, who had just seen the movie, came out and said how great it was
The same Bill Murray Sony threatened legal action with for refusing to participate?

yah hes right, he will make a but tone of $$ but.
he wont be getting my $$

Quads

Epic repeating digits meme, 4channer

Tom rothman is a fucking retard.

He turned down deadpool years ago when he was at fox. I hope he felt embarrassed when it came out and destroyed the box office

are you kidding half of the shit bags will go to it anyway and whine more about on twitter keeping the free publicity going.

WHITE MALE

Tons of pink haired fat chicks will flock to watch this shitty movie because they think it's some gaymer gate type battle.

>tons of pink haired fat chicks
So like, four?

damn, cancer must be great, everyone talks about it

i mean, how much people are talking about it on social media is the one metric for success, right?

you are delusional

I don't come to Tumblr and slap the big black dildo out of your twat...

the fuck is this

this kind of arrogance is worthy of failure. I will toast to this film's bomb and subsequent razzies

Kek

Meme magic has spoken, tv has doomed the movie

Sony has huge balls when it comes to marketing absolute shit ass movies.
First we got The Interview and now this. What else will they come up with to push huge turds out to decent earnings

>be a guy
>goto see movie
>get applauded for it
>make friends (girls)
>might actually have sex now

$8.75 well spent

i fucking pray it bombs

IN what backwards reality do you have to live where people disliking your product is an auspicious sign

so when it fails I expect him to quit his job then. And so would the shareholders

Honestly I wouldn't go to see this movie even if I was guaranteed sex afterwards. My two hands will service me just fine that evening.

>Disregard real fan concern
>Show fans in the same category as the shitposters

This is why Sony is failing at everything they try.

Tom Rothman, the guy who passed on making Transformers, passed up Alien 5 because he liked AvP's script, had Kingdom of Heaven butchered, didn't hire a director for X-Men 3 until like a week before shooting, and made Die Hard PG-13.

>sex with tumblrinas
nah i'll pass

Holy shit, I thought this movie was released months ago. Sup Forums has been talking about it for a long fucking time.

The reality where you control the narrative and anyone who dislikes your product is viewed as being a misogynist manbaby by the mainstream.

DON'T do this anons i tried with sex and the city 2 but people looked at me weird. TIP: IF you do this let them talk to you DONT go up to the groups and talk

Sorely self centered comment to make.

>stooping this low to get laid
>wanting to sleep with the kind of woman who would like this movie
I guess beggars can't be choosers

He'd be right if they released the thing last month, when the topic was all anyone could talk about. People have already forgotten it at this point and there's really nothing left to discuss. Like, they released a godawful theme song, and people were just like "yep that's bad" and went back to Brexit and Trump.

>on track to make $50 million
>on a budget of $130 million

>it's not like we wanted your money anyways g-goyim

Go back to Metafilter, faggot chink spic nigger.

>SJW's
>accusing anyone else of being "bothered"

You're the fucks that lie awake in bed at night with seething rage because North Carolina doesn't let men in drag piss next to little girls.

Just watched that interview. You can tell Bill hated the film and you can tell he hates having to shill for it.

"When you see the film you'll delight in the film... it sorta rumbles along in the beginning... oh God how are they going to pull this thing off..." "We were cheering for them (the girls) like we were at a sporting event.."

You could cut the sarcasm and disdain with a knife.

No wonder. There was literally talk about suing him if he didn't get involved.

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

I was gonna ask why Annie Potts had replaced Harold Ramis was but then I remembered and felt sad

Gayest thread ever fuck.....

PROBLEMATIC!!!

>DAMAGE CONTROL

It's like when Activision said getting one the most disliked videos in YouTube history was somehow good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Me4q2gWNKl4

It's coping.

Sup Forums cares as evidenced by all the threads there's been about this movie.

We care about memes.

Man babies was a good meme.

>haters

I despise this word so much.

you forgot hick because its usually those wyte womenz who do this shit

All these digits!

Who the fuck is felicity?

All sorts of butthurt and rationalizations ITT.

Derailing the movie? That's not the point. And it never was. How can a narrative so delusional be spewed from an executive and he still keep his job? The hate for this flick won't manifest itself until it's released and sinks.

If anything all the hate is helping put asses in seats. Which is why they're pushing this trash.

Man she's really fucking fat huh?

Sup Forums lies in bed at night seething with rage that they do.

What the fuck kind of shitty sex have you had that you think seeing a bad movie makes the difference between masturbation and sex? I'm guessing you've had no shitty sex because you've had no sex.

>cancer needs attention to sell

more like
>movie launches
>every woman on earth and their nu-male bf will watch it
>buzzfeed will call it the "greatest thing to happen to cinema"
>highest grossing film of all time
>studios decide to only cast women for their huge blockbusters
>people will watch every single one of them trying to signal virtue
>they start to use the term kino unironically
where will you be when cinema dies?

>Rothman
>"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

I truly believe this "hate campaign" isn't mysogynistic and is legitimately placed against a cash grab sexist film (though there are outliers, to be sure). My concern is that Sony and comp. have demonized the haters so much that the top critics of RT will fear being labeled as a sexist and will say, "a delightful, fun summer romp" etc

You know what's fascinating to me?

So far the only legitimately funny things in the trailer have belonged almost solely to Leslie "the gorilla" Jones. Barring the "Race thing Lady thing" joke she's had some of the funnier moments pretty much solely due to her reacting to shit.

>Nope, I'm tired. I'mma just go home, how 'bout that.

THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN MAKING A GOOD SEQUEL

TRUST US

>every woman on earth... will watch it

This right here is the biggest flaw in this films logic, women aren't going to see it.

The only draws they have for women is Chris Hemsworth (not a bad one, admittedly) and women protagonists (which actual women don't care about anyway).

It's theme, humour and genre are all things that women aren't interested in, and the entire publicity campaign of this movie has been actively trying to push away any of the people who DO like those things.

> food & man living in harmony

I'm not thinking you have a comprehension of what hyperbole is and may be a retard dude

I'm just saying the film looks bad no reason to be a virgin about it

but it's not about the film anymore, is it?
they won't go there for entertainment, they'll go watch it to make a political statement.
sonys marketing strategy is ingenious.
and gullible people will fall for it by the masses.

>Ernie Hudson, star of God's Not Dead 2
>Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray who haven't had decent roles in years and who have the look of someone who hates having to shill for a living
>Dan Ackroid in general
These aren't the same actors they used to be user

is this post for real?

You are overestimating the number of people who actually would consider watching the movie a political act.

Not him but you're severely underestimating the stupidity and arrogance of citizens of the United States

That's Annie Potts senpai
Sigourney gave the "you're a white male" speech but it felt really canned

More like
>Watch a shitty movie
>Not getting anything because 'muh sex is rape' and 'you're not entitled to sex'
>In the unlikely case of having sex get arrested in the following day because she regret having sex with you and charged for rape

Also
>needing someone to approve you watching a movie
Yet we are the baby-man. Go figure!

A smaller number than both of you think.

I bet it will do pretty well because...wait for it....

[spoilers]children watch movies like this[/spoilers]

of course it's free publicity
if it doesn't make the money it 'thinks' it's going to make, then the media is going to be all over it claiming misogyny/manchidren/patriarchy/etc..
they're going to completely ignore the bad story/cgi/bad acting/etc..
they are going to shame the public into seeing it/buying it

it's going to be on talk shows on how hollywood needs to be more diverse, more accepting of women/minorities/etc..

this was an accidental win for sony

about the only way for sony and this 'ghostbusters' to fail is to put out the facts (like midnight's edge/avgn did in explaining ghostbusters and what happened).

making movies as agendas will be a thing
movies will no longer be about simple entertainment.