Mission Impossible

What went so right with this franchise?

MI - 9/10
MI2 - 6/10
MI3 - 9.5/10
MI GP - 9/10
MI RN - 9.5/10

This feels like what the Pierce Brosnan Bond films should have been after GoldenEye.

Although I enjoyed the Craig Bond films for their more personal and emotional take on James Bond, It's nice to see that the MI franchise filling in the gap of the fun over-the-top spy action that Die Another Day almost killed after taking things way too far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOi9hHjmYq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't rate the first three that high, but I still like them.
The last two have been 9/10 from me though, can't wait for the next one.

Tom Cruise

also your ratings are ridiculous, how is 3 better than GP

Can't bruse the cruise it seems.

Should I watch Jack Reacher?

not one of them is above 7/10

What went right with the first two is that they were mildly entertaining.

What went right with the third is that JJ Abrams was still in the part of his career where he actually had to make something good to get noticed instead of coasting off of spielbergs nuts.

What made the fourth and fifth good is that Tom Cruise was willing to put 110% into his job despite his age and the series became a collection of set pieces where we just admit we don't even consider this guy ethan hunt--he's just tom cruise, and tom cruise is doing crazy ass stunts.

Yes. Above average detective movie. Cheesy dialogue at parts, but the plot and action make up for it.

because 3 had the best villain

>should I watch Jack Reacher
yes, one of my favorite Cruise films

MI - 8
MI2 - 6
MI3 - 7
GP - 8
RN - 7.5

Here your (You)

good lord wtf happened

MI - 8/10
MI2 - 5/10
MI3 - 6/10
MI GP - 8/10
MI RN - 8./10

Jack Reacher is fuckin based

Nobody cares, but whatever.

MI1: 7/10
MI2: 7/10
MI3: 9/10
MI4: 9/10

fuck meant

MI3: 7/10
MI4: 9/10
MI5: 9/10

I need to rewatch MI 2 just for the stunts.

The last third of the movie is so cool. I love the overabundance of quick zooms and slow motion.

I unironically loved mission impossible 2

dey tokher

It's not horrible or bad, the rest are just better.

Not 3. MI3 is just tablescraps of 1 and 2. It had MI1's villain and MI2's MacGuffin.

>It had MI1's villain
Both villains, they recycled the arms-dealer and the turncoat boss.

I liked it a lot. That one bond chick had huge knockers in it too. Very nice.

the way it echoes actual events

3 is way better than 2, it's the only reason the franchise is alive.

MI2 outgrossed 3. If it invigorated the franchise it did a shitty job.

3 killed my interest desu. Glad they didn't make 4 as grim.

I'd say 3 almost killed it. Ghost Protocol was epic and brought it to the forefront of the spy genre.

4 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 3

5=4>3>1>2

No idea why you would put 2 above anything, why you'd put 1 above either of the last 2 movies, and why you'd put 5 so far down the list.

6.8/10 series, solid flicks but you have to suspend too much disbelief to get into them and take them seriously. Many times they've written characters into unescapable deaths but, they escape anyways. Too much eyerolling for my superior tastes

>John Woo showmanship is bad
No idea why you would put 3 above anything, it's like True Lies only not good.

I appreciate the villain not being a complete fucking twat and an idiot, he does a lot to make trouble for Hunt and the opening scene provides a good stinger for the rest of the movie.

2 was just a bloody mess, still unsure why you dislike 5 so much.

Only watched the first one, lost interest because I was kinda tired of Tom Cruise, but are these movies better than the Bourne ones?

4=5 > 1 > 2 > 3
3 is technically better but 2 is more rewatchable

The MI3 villain is anti-climactic.

I really like the original Mission Impossible. It seems like there was a greater focus on espionage, rather than elaborate action sequences. The film is a game of cat and mouse between Ethan and Job, investigating a mystery, you can't trust anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=KOi9hHjmYq4
No Mission Impossible sequel will have a scene with this much tension and wit.

>MI3 - 9.5/10
literally the worst in the series. How stupid can a person be to think it was any good?

The helicopter/train scene really drag the movie down.

Ghost Protocol was the best one. Each member had great parts in it.

>MI2 - 6/10
8/10 easily