youtube.com/watch?v=1KfaQ6pmv18
mega.nz/#F!AdlxHZiY!zCFckjc7qjNmWeKq2YCVaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty jammin, probably perfect for riding your camel through the desert

6.5/10

7/11

Definitely not their best, but still pretty damn good

5/10

not looking forward to their 4 other albums to come out this year, but on the flip side, surely they cant all be as uninteresting as this?

How can any of their albums be interesting when they're dedicated more to the idea of putting 5 out in a year than they are fully realizing one?

What other albums are there that use pseudo-Mid-Eastern melodies and tunings in a psychedelic jammy way?

Every other King Gizzard record. The microtonal thing is a meme.

Yup, that's exactly my problem with the band overall

They just want to churn out albums, and don't seem to care about the quality

I wish they would experiment more with blues and jazz like they did in The River, that's easily my favorite song by them

solid 7.5

listen to Anatolian Rock. Flying Microtonal Banana has influences from the genre.

Pic related is a good place to start.

ty

damn we have similar thoughts then, i thought the river was amazing too, pity the rest of quarters was just unknown mortal orchestra songs stretched to 10 minutes

anybody have a download?

i really like it, 8.5/10

rebecca black archive

It's their weakest album yet but I think they've got some winners on the way. The microtonal gimmick seems like a side experiment while they're holding out for a bigger release. There's already a teaser out for the upcoming narrated story album, so that could end up being pretty cool. Also Mind Fuzz > Float Along > everything else

8/10

5/10

interesting concept with the microtonal stuff however it seems to be just a gimmick worth exploring for one release.

Good, but not great. Worth a listen but the microtonal focus is probably a gimmick beyond one album. Regular songs with some microtonal lines thrown in could be good. I think Gamma Knife has microtones in it

>"Dude, let's rip off Neu! Lmao"

not as high energy as nonagon infinity but it uses that to its advantage definitely just as good

First 4 tracks + Nulear Fusion are great. The rest is just sorta ok

cumming buckets for king giz hnnng

rattlesnake/10

nonagon infinity was better. However i feel like they're trying to go for a more chill (for lack of a better word) album instead of complete banging record.

This was my first KG&TLW experience
I loved it, but they say Nonagon is better._
Is that true ?

Nonagon is Rattlesnake except more lo-fi, punkier and for the whole album

pretty good
underrated but still stupid

I love it. But everyone seems to like Melting and for some reason it just doesn't do much for me.

I'm not sure if microtonal playing can be considered a gimmick, but I agree with you on the topic of their best album.

youtube.com/watch?v=1KfaQ6pmv18

Check out I'm in Your Mind Fuzz and listen all the way through, Nonagon was a spiritual sequel to this record. Side one is heavy, driving and riffy like Nonagon, side two gets really chill and psyched out, their best work imo

It's like you only listened to the opening track

>people actually listen to slightly more skilled tame impala

On a previous KG thread I was recommended Spacemen 3 as a similar band, however I've listened to their first album and it's nothing like them.
So which ones should I listen to?

This

Yeah probably an overstatement, but to me it feels a bit forced or tacked on in some places. Still very impressive though, and most of the tracks manage to incorporate it pretty naturally. Sleep drifter especially

>implying Gizz sounds anything like Tame Impala

You do realize that king gizzards songwriting process is then just jamming until they find something. It seems like they're just increasing their frequency and testing themselves.

official release since everything on slsk and in the archive are the leak

mega.nz/#F!AdlxHZiY!zCFckjc7qjNmWeKq2YCVaQ

Actually love this album. Loving everything these guys have been putting out recently actually. Doom City, Nuclear Fusion and Anoxia have to be my favourite tracks on this record. Hyped for the other expected albums this year. Some people are worried that the band is more focused on being prolific rather than the quality of the tracks. Simply not true, they're constantly writing and improving. The more you write, the better you get at writing :)

Which pisses me off cause we already know they're doing Microtonal Banana Volume 2 later this year. Feels like filler for the "five albums" promise honestly

hey Stu

Also 3 Hur-el. Dank band.

Agreed. Invisible Face off Nonagon had that vibe, also Melting off this latest one

While I pretty much like everything these guys put out I do strongly agree. Their best stuff is when they mix psych and jazz.