Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
today i started playing World of tanks.Not sure how many of you play it but seems fun for now .
Saw one premium tank on sale and i wanna get it but im too poor to buy it, its AT 15A .I want this so bad .Is any good soul out there willing to donate this tank or some gold .any advice on the game is welcomed too .I got 1000 gold now from invite code and some missions i did in the start.
My nickname is How_To_Tank_

rolling for the dubs

Thing has a shitty huge weak spot..the cupola characteristic of all British tds except for the low ones and the fv. Be aware. Brit line is fun though.

>Guy whose played for way too fucking long

OP here ,
So far i like the game , and ofc i knwo nothing about it .But that said i never looked on the weak spots on it i just liked the tank as i saw it . I got t4 brit TD so far and same with the russian line . How is the game with the light tanks i love to 1 shot them but never been on the other side of the gun

Hang in there, op. Once you hit any tier 6 it should get better.

Remember as you are progressing through tiers to get to the tier you wish to play at there will be plenty of people in fully upgraded tanks. Also find out which tank is best for what.

Some tanks are pretty much all round better than others at certain tiers.

Another pictureswap dot org thread
Go post and post what you get ITT

Op again ,
Well from what i do now , im playing with the Tank destroyers still unsure what line is best for that / or more fun . But damn im trying to progress with that British Alecto lV and im gettin raped like all the time that made me browse around for anything that will be better. I got 7 days of premium is that enought for reaching teir 6 i make like 400-500 xp at max and some tanks are madly expensive

Pick German Hetzer its fun to play

Another thing ,
is it just me or the game has like 4 maps to play since that is happening to me all day. And on what should i spend my gold since it looks i wont get that sweet tank

You guys are fucking idiots.

Play War Thunder.

You are gonna quit it and start again.

Op here
I picked the World of tanks , looked more fun and dont wanna start over already spended time here .
Why would i quit the game and start over ?

Im progressing here 5000 more xp to tier 5 Tank destroyer / not sure if ill have the money to buy it but still something :D

The map rotation is fucked up on the server and has been this way for a while. There's like 30+ map, but if you just play for an hour you'll see the same 5 over and over. If you play again a bit later, you'll see different ones. At very low tiers (tier 3 and below) only like 10 or so maps are available because bigger maps would be unplayable with the low tier tanks.

Advice from a long time player:
If you have 1k gold only, I'd advise saving it for demounting complex equipment on tanks that you'll need later. (IE gun rammers that make you reload faster or gun laying drives that make you aim faster)
If you want to not get rekt at higher tiers, be sure to train your crew to 75% with silver and then KEEP THEM (move them on to the next tank and retrain them for it) every time you move up a tier. don't start with a new 50% crew on every new tank you get or you'll have a miserable time starting around tier 4 or 5 since your tank will take twice as long to aim and will fire its gun twice as slow etc....

WOT can be a really fun game, but wargaming does a really poor job of explaining game mechanics to new players. Hope I helped.

You picked wrong, no way around that.

I peronally would stay away from the AT 15A, not a great premium. The regular AT15 is considerably better. If anything go for the IS-6 or T26E5. The IS-6 being more fool-proof than the later. Currently picked up the Tortoise myself, things get better my friend.

I personally still think its better than Cuck Thunder though. Despite all of its problems its still a fun game, just gotta pick a line that best suits your play style.

Again ive seen 5 maps in total so far and im playing for whole day . Lets hope this will change
Alright ill save the gold as you said. Didnt knew that thing with the crew i tryed to transfer one and saw it gets lowered so i trew out the crew every time to safe money and get the free ones.
I need to overlook what i do then .
You helped alot thanks
I just wonder if there is an way to get more gold so in month or more i can save to get an good premium tank

Unfortunatly there isnt a great way to farm gold. The best way to get yourself a premium is to either buy one with cash, or grind one out when Wargaming present you with a chance to do so. They also do rentals...Which is more of a joke than anything.

why the fuck are you not playing World of Warships you fucking faggot
it's so much better

Well that sux for me then i cannot pay like i said im poor (not gonna go in details how much my life sux) but i hope i can get chance to get some extra gold .Rentals? like for day or week ?
Havent realy looked into that game
Shame it looked like realy cool tank to me , armored so i wont die in 1 minute :)
Like i said i like the game , just not the all time same maps , and afk dudes
Progres so far , pic related

Yeah if you want to do a crew transfer, here's a simple guide on it. the XP loss from switching to a new tank will still leave you with a better crew than training a new one, especially at high tiers.

get a camo net and binos
you can switch them around all your tanks and they are quite usefull for low tiers and td

Thanks thats good one , but thouse things are expensive gotta work for more money to buy the view range boost and i got one free net .

dont buy a premium tank unless you have grindet to at least 1 tier 8 tank

op been playing since the closed beta the AT 15A is ok not great, hold out for a Swedish tank or get a IS6 they are great for making cash i have both and recommend them

Op again
The way i see the game i dont need to get max tier or something , but to find what tank i like and kill as much as i can with it . Dont have to be a premium but i feel like premium tanks are stronger than the normal ones (watched some youtube videos) not sure if thats true .

premium tanks are made to be slightly weaker than their counter part but usually with an interesting feature IE a bigger gun or slightly different shape and amour

there are weekend events every now and then when equipment is 50% off, otherwise binos are indeed pretty expensive
if you need to make dosh get a pz4 or m4 with the 105mm derp guns, imo those are the best non premium tanks to earn silver
look up how the spotting mechanics work
dont get any high tier premium if you are new to the game or you might be disapointed for wasting money on a virtual tank you cant make work

>today i started playing World of tanks.

Started World of Tanks in 2011, OP.. you're a bit late, that game started losing any goodness it had in it around 3 years ago or more.

I could list the reasons not to play it as it's now a horrible game but take my word for it, don't play it..

most prem tanks are slightly weaker than their normal counteparts with some exceptions like the e25 and type59 but you cant buy these anymore

Don't be like me OP, the former king of wallet warriors
I had played since the early days, had just shy of every premium tank in my garage. Super Unicum stats 3k+ WN8 over 60k games.
Thousands of games played in my prems, stat padding like a bitch
Sunk around 8 hundred bucks per month into gold and modules. Free XP'd to lots of tier 10s, some participation in clan wars w/ G and Rel back when they were good.
Game almost destroyed my life. Quit it cold turkey almost a year ago.
Fuck that game.

>Don't be like me OP, the former king of wallet warriors

Hundreds I've pumped into that game... out of all the years I've been gaming World of Tanks is BY FAR, the most money hungry game around.

wot player of three years here. honestly there are only a few premium tanks that are truly worth the $40 bucks to purchase. play a bit more and you'll know which ones outrank the others. I don't think it would be worth it for me, and my main lines are always TDs. it would be better to spend that money on gold to just go along that line and get the more heavily armored UK tds.

AT 15A is garbage don't waste your money on it
Also don't play this game its shit and the playerbase is shit and you will only realize this when you have put too much time and effort into it to stop

>Also don't play this game its shit and the playerbase is shit and you will only realize this when you have put too much time and effort into it to stop

This.

I liked that thank cuz its an Tank destroyer with fat armor as it looks , will look into the other tank .
Ye i bet they got down sides but still there must be something that player pays for and feels good :)
Most online multiplayer games start good and end up been hated by the players , but for now the game keeps me distracted .
Then ill have to wait for that so i can buy the stuff cheeply ,will chek thouse tanks if they are easy to get .

About the premium tanks , i feel like kid in candy shop but cant buy anything if you guys know what im saying .

>Most online multiplayer games start good and end up been hated by the players , but for now the game keeps me distracted .

That's partly true but World of Tanks over the year has gotten worse, the only thing it has done well is keep up with the graphics of the modern day games..

They have got rid of universal chat, allowed "gold" ammo for all to buy which is auto aim and click, they have broken the credit earnings so a premium account of premium tank is necessary for constant tier 7+ plays.. they have re balanced EVERY tank over and over and over until they are practically all the same times with some exceptions but it's just fucking, ridiculous, they made the company worth billions and that's when they fucking stopped caring about the players.

Best thing you can do is not rush. Every time you get a new (higher tier) tank you will struggle. Play with what you have until you aren't getting raped. Train your crews. They make a huge difference. Also, if you get a premium tank use it to train your crews of the same class and nationality. Also, the Ram II is a great beginner premium.

If you're going to get a tier 7 prem TD, get the ISU-112S

Otherwise get a tier 8 prem

Buy consumables when they're on discount

Get BiA as either first or second skill always

etc...

tanks are put on sale sometimes aswell but like someone mentioned earlier you should save that gold for dismounting equipment
tanks at tier 5 and 6 make the most money, pz4 and m4 in particular because they can damage every tank they face with their derp guns
general speaking you want to get to tier 5 asap because lowtier gameplay is garbage and everyone drives around like a retard in the babby tiers

...and know the difference between skills and perks. Takes a lot of grinding to get BIA when you are moving up through the tiers.

go to the wotlabs forums and read.

watch replays of people who had good games in tanks youre interested in AND PAY FUCKING ATTENTION to why they were able to do so well in that situation.

Don't ever say "Shit team" even when they are. You could have carried harder, always.

Your team actually is shit though, literally prepare to carry all 14 of them on your back.

>this.
...and watch your map! FFS watch your map.

+1

Er, I meant the ISU-122-44

I normally grab BiA as the second skill/perk, since skills/perks like snap shot, situational awareness, clutch breaking/smooth riding are immediately more useful, imo

Vertical stabilizer is normally the best equipment in the game.

Aw mate sounds like you were hooked real good,good that you got away from the game. I cannot afford to buy stuff but i wanted to have something cool .Will keep your warrnings on mind .Hope you got your life sorted back on track.
Thank you for the warning too
Tank destroyers look fun but i guess i gotta find the one i like and pimp it up will all sort of gagets and good crew for top fun
That sounds even worse than world of warcraft nowdays
yeah it seems ill stuck with what i got so far and i hop ill reach tier 5 soon if i stop dying all the time .
Looked that russian tank and looks cool , but again i cannot buy it . Maybe ill just grind normal tanks .And yeah i was about to ask what skills should i use on my crew for Tank destroyers .

there is no isu122-44 either su122-44 or isu122

>what skills should i use on my crew for Tank destroyers
6th sense for the commander and camo for the rest,[spoiler] usually it is better to first train camo for the commander aswell and restting it later on but i fear that will only confuse you[/spoiler]
soviet heavies/IS 7 line is considered to be the most forgiving and beginer friendly, american heavies are very forgiving aswell for new players

Seconding this, warships is the natural conclusion to people who still think tanks is fun. You'll get there eventually OP.

repair > camo on fat TD's

Will do then , but for now i cannot invest in it since ill spend all i got for new tank .And yeah i see everyone is falling/jumping/blowing as i am too :)
Im doing it ,and trying to pay attention (never blamed the team) thank you on the suggestions
Will try to :)
Will take me some time to train the crew but , all this makes sence thanks guys .
Ye i might get there if the game ends as bad as people say

Do not go past tier 5 in the French to line. It is awful. I'm at the ac 48 and fking hate it. Typical shit French gun handling. Worthless armor.

Remember these weak spots. They work for most any tank.

Lower front plate, cupola, mini turrets, front drive wheels when shot at clearly and not through the track itself.

Be aware of bullshit Russian spaced armor on their late tier heavies. American tracks eat rounds. German transmissions on the tiger 2 based tanks are fucking awful. Guaranteed fire or engine damage .often both..in one game.

Never buy the kv5. It's literally the biggest pile of trash due to weak spots and that shit gun with 167 pen.

french td line is the only french line that sucks. all other tier 5,6,8,9,10 french tanks are great

this

If you're going to play, get medium tanks. They're the only tanks that fucking work anymore and are efficient enough to remain competitive. Starting grinding towards the Maus around the time they started making changes to armor and making premium ammo purchasable with credits, and I feel fucking cheated.

get War Thunder instead here are the reason I switched

>more realistic matchmaker (cause elc has a 90mm gun going up against panzer 3&4)
>damage is more realistic
>no healthpoint system
>planes and tanks all in one
>hell planes and tanks are combined forces
>tanks you buy aren't fucking dream tanks and were actually built and used
>no gold ammo
>APCR is more realistic
>aphe more realistic
>everything more realistic

>pic related my hellcat which shows damageable modules instead of WoT 33% chance shit of disabling stuff will upload webms on impacts

brit TDs are a huge let down at the end tortoise being the only one i really enjoyed. and their premiums are sub par as well AT 15A being no exception to this rule. IS6 is the way to go. if by some space magic you could get a type 59 that would be the best income tank and was one of the best premium tanks period.

fuck webms itll take to long but if you have questions on how to kill tanks in WT or WoT ask I know a bit about tanks in both games

Better get yourself that new American premium abomination, it outclasses every other (older) premium tanks, even the American ones, in every aspect.

thats why i went to war thunder 100x better in every aspect

in all honesty: dont bother with the game
it seems ok at first,
Tier 1-4: you are derping around and basically penetrate mostly anyone (exept such things as a matilda or french heavy light tanks)
tier 5-7 armor kinda comes into play, you get wrecked by t8 if you encounter them
tier 8-10 this is basically where the game starts, armor is usable now, angling matters and weakspots should be targeted

but the game has a few crucial problems
1. the interface basically has to be modded to be decent
2. gold ammo fucks with a otherwise pretty balanced game, if you have the jpz100 you can basically autopen a maus from the front with gold (400+ pen)
3. Tier 8+ gets really expensive, if you arent a premium player, chances are good that on a even game T10 you will make losses and only on these great 1 in 100 games you will make 30k to 70k a game (ofc if you dont use gold ammo and consumables)
4. after you have a decent stock of t10 tanks you basically need a gold tank for credit upkeep and need to work for your creds
5 wargaming tries to fuck you over for every $$ they can get (100+ $ for the pz2j, a legendary op sealclubbing(noobbashing) tank cause its bundled with some gold you wont need)

all in all, its fun, until it gets work, and if you dont plan on spending at least 5 h daylie on this game theres no playing clanwars for you (at least not in good clans)
oh and dont fuck up your stats because WN ratings

have fun

OP here
Well for now ill stuck with brit Tank destroyers , not sure how long will play the game but will keep in mind all thouse French tanks , thanks !
It looks you share the pain with the other guys about game changes.But if i finish the Tank destroyers i think i might go for light tanks not sure why but thats the plan for now .
Alright i might download this game and try it but im not gonna do it untill i hit that tier 5 :D
So far im gettin smashed every game , maybe cuz im newb or my tank is bad or combo . I just dont wanna feel like that day was wasted since i found later that the tanks suck :)
Um i do not know what tank is that but sounds like good one by your sayngs(And no i bet i wont get it )
Im open to all information , no need to do webms , if you see me how i shoot now you will never talk to me . I just aim at what i can when i can

With the British tank destroyers at the higher tiers (6-8 tiers) your best hope is that the enemy doesn't know where to shoot you, otherwise the tank is outmatched. The Tortoise and FV215b are pretty lethal though.

here
dont bother with the at15a
looks ok on paper, has weakspots that can be penetrated with 150ish penetration frontally and is slow as fuck
its not a playmaker so its not worth it

playmakers are usually the medium tanks as they are fast enough and have enough firepower to matter, mutz acdc and fcm50 for example

215b is a bullshit tank, way to much alpha for the other decent characteristics, even after the pen nerf, before it was just crazy op as hell

Op again
Ye brit destroyers seem alot slower than the rest but i like the armor on them , but that Tortoise is long way from me im not even sure if ill get it ever .
Alright , again i got 1000 gold the closest medium to that amount is t25 german medium tank but im 500 short or if there is good medium (normal one) i should work for .The other tanks you point to not gonna happen as said above .

Fuck you tank fags, world of warships is where it's at

I switched from WoT to WT once i realize once you hit tier four every other tank fucks you since you just start, i had to fight up to tier 6 in tier 4, near impossible to kill other tanks as well. Fuck WoT

then invest into garage slots and some beds for the barracks
but wait for a discount, they do this sometimes where you can get a slot for 100, once even for 50g

also, most important thing to know are penetration mechanics as you can angle your armor to bounce off shells

as it goes for good tanks:
Kraut tanks:
Leopard 1
E 50 M
E100

Britfags:
centurion action x
CGC (but dont bother much, the grind is hell)

Frogeaters:
Meds and Heavies with Autoloaders are great

Checz med with autoloader

and russian t10 ht and mt, you cant go wrong with russians, they are basically anti noob machines, because they are angled by default and have magic spaced armor

serbs bullshit at work there

Im in pain already , when i got hit im dead , when i shoot i cannot penetrate ... but guess thats how it goes .
Thanks on all the info ill have to write that down :D but something deepinside is tellin me not to play german or american tanks .

OP again
Posting progress here im actualy going for it

You should try out the test server sometime OP. It'll let you explore you lines a bit more before you go down them. There's one up now actually.

Pleb, you want a tank sim get Steel Beasts Pro.

Hetzer with the 105 derp...boom!

easiest way is to get a good premium. The IS-6 is a good 'babbies 1st premium', makes good dosh, and fairly noob-proof.

this...

once i found wows, i seldom play wot anymore.

super short description of the tech trees:

German-Good armor accurate guns skill mandatory, leopard 1 is one of the best tank in the game (scout in clanwars)

Russian-decent at everything, noob friendly because of magical banana armor

American- hull down monster tanks, map knowledge needed, ht is pretty well rounded

britbonks-good med tank, tds derpy as fuck probably one of the best meds in the game

Chinese-only flak lines in the game, gun depression makes you depressive, good turrets and alpha tho

Weeabos (japs)-what if we take the most solid peace of metal and slap tracks on it, t10 sucks tho, medium t10 is great

frogeaters-autoloaders are really good, rest is shit tier (arty is bad too)

checz-skill needed, great medium tho

the germans have some great tanks but you need knowledge about the game mechanics as germans need to be angled properly, when angled and played right they are definitely a force to be reckoned with

american tanks, especially the 110e5 are beasts hull down, the HT is one of the best HT in the game