Redpill me on Moonchild Sup Forums. why do people defend this track...

redpill me on Moonchild Sup Forums. why do people defend this track? whats the significance of all that retarded improv and why shouldnt it be shorter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAusDxT4TSQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it shouldn't be shorter because they didn't want it shorter
in all honesty they probably just didn't want to make a sixth or even seventh track

It's something between jazzy improv and proto-ambient music. What's not to love?

If you can't enjoy it the problem is in you and not the piece

>unironically saying redpilll

Maybe you should just stay in your containment board

Do you even free improv? It's a quietly melodic section, very peaceful with interesting playing.

as if id ever browse that shithole.

You should maybe, I'm pretty sure that place will suit you very well.

>Uses the term "redpill"
>Belongs on Sup Forums
>in saying that, acts more like a Sup Forumsyard than OP ever did
Nice autism

y-you too

>having ADD

youtube.com/watch?v=oAusDxT4TSQ

Moonchild is truly patrician hence most people disliking it. Most people are plebs.

If you don't get moonchild you are an absolute fucking pleb

Can you not read?
It's a great song. The people who don't like it are objectively plebs.

I personally love the song, to me the improvisation is like you're staying in that world they create

What I NEVER understood though about the song is the one false note in the singing melody, that's completely out of tune. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

>the average neo-Sup Forums poster

poptimism killed this general

there's nothing really great about it (or about the album in general) to the point you force yourself into liking it, it's just that it was influential and something new at the time

i think for the most part its a great album. its just that i never really got why moonchild had that super long section of just improv and dead air and thought maybe there was some thematic relevance i was missing, so i hoped someone could explain it

This scene made me love Moonchild

It's because it's quite nice to listen to. It isn't as barren and empty as everyone makes it out to be. At this point I just guess it's pleb repellent. I never had a problem with that song. It is quite a good song in my opinion, and the fact that its quiet just makes in the court of the crimson king all the more dramatic.

>Listens to a concept album
>complains about one of the """songs""" not being in a nice strophic structure

how about ending your pathetic existence you turbopleb

ill do it user! ill kill myself slowly and painfully with old age!

Why does any jazz include improv? To see what sorts of ideas the musicians arrive at through off-the-cuff playing. The reason the improv on Moonchild is successful is because it isn't aimless "dead air," they create a lovely mood with subdued vibraphone and Fripp's guitar harmonics. It's somewhat ambient, very soothing, and sets up a vulnerable moment for the title track to come crashing in.

It's not their best improv, but it is significant.

Mars, parts of Lizard, LTiA, Starless wouldn't be the same if we didn't know Fripp was like this from the start

huh, yeah that makes sense. i went back and listened to it and this time with headphones and it was leagues better. perhaps its not as easy to pick up on through a stereo.

>tfw I don't really even like the improv section that much but it makes me nostalgic for the times when I'd never heard something like it before so I defend it anyways