So can Sup Forums give me some guitar advice?

So can Sup Forums give me some guitar advice?

I started playing in high school for a year and stopped because of other things, so I know basic chords and about the guitar, just never fully took off. And now I'm in college and want to relearn it before my next birthday, in June. I can only play two songs fully, "more than a feeling" and "perfect situation" , and tidbits of others. Can anyone suggest a list of songs I could learn to better myself? Techniques? Practices?

Also general guitar thead

Tl ; Dr
> learning guitar advice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-8A6fclHl8
youtube.com/user/theguitarguychannel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just try to practice for at least 20 minutes every day and you will be decent at worst

quit

Same situation, someone recommended justin guitar. (havent looked at it myself).

First comment usually seems best.
And I've been doing it once a week...
Oh Sup Forums
I took a look at it. And it's OK. Got confused a shit ton with modes but I kinda want a nice straightforward method form other well versed guitarist

look up lessons by guitarists that dont suck

justin guitar. no.
look up marty friedman or guthrie govan

I'm not aspiring to be like those bands, I just wanna learn

so look up a teacher that knows guitar, not an amateur like justin guitar

Cifra club on youtube.
And get guitar pro.

Those two things have helped me get a lot better over the years. Been playing for 20 years.

There just guitarists...do theyy have lessons?
I have no money

here OP found something you might wanna check out
youtube.com/watch?v=t-8A6fclHl8

yes.
also michael angelo batio, he is an actual teacher, dont worry about the speed though

Learn some Pink Floyd.

David Gilmour does all sorts of interesting things, and you can take snippets (riffs) of what he does, and add that style into your other songs.

Huh, Portuguese. OK, I'll loom into it.
Thanks? But guitar is more than tab
I only know 1 song by them, I forget it's name but it's not perfect numb. Any specific reccomendation?

Learn about intervals and that there is no "wrong" note. You just have to work hard to realize what each note does

I dont speak it either but that show good the lessons are. They breakem down slowly, and have the tab up during video. Helped me get claptons tears in heaven down.

Also if youre into acoustic stuff check out opeth. They have great acoustic stuff. My personal fav song to play is benighted.

Youtube search 'Simple Man guitar tutorial'
that's an easy song to practice finger picking technique; super impressive at parties.

Also 'Spanish romance' is super fucking easy to learn but makes you sound like a pro.

I understand the no wrong Kore but damn, it's hard to remember as I play. I only know 3 scales. And modes Fuck me up

Hey man im just starting out also. My brother is fucking good at guitar, and his tip for me was to try and concentrate on learning 1 song at a time and master your scales. Also getting quick with coords helps a lot.

Practice directly relates to skill.

Been playing guitar for a few years now. Justin guitar is decent if you want to learn to play common songs. Also guitarlesson365 or something like that.

Get a version of the tab of a song you want to learn and also watch their videos. It should be very similar. It will give you ideas about how something can be played in slightly different ways. Fuck what that other user said, as a beginner, Justin guitar is good. He teaches most songs exactly the way the actual artist plays them and shows how to get the rhythm right too which isn't shown on the tab (you need to learn to read actual music if you want to learn precise rhythm of pieces and not just do it by ear)

what kind of stuff would you like to be able to do with the guitar? also acoustic or electric?

youtube.com/user/theguitarguychannel

I found this guy and learned every song he posted a tutorial for. He's great but he stopped making videos a while back.

Good advice from him. It's easy to learn the cool intros or solo's to songs and then skim over the chordy parts!

Speed in changing between chords will come with practice and time. Some interesting stuff to look at is hendrix chords and how jimi played them (using thumb wrapped over the top of the fretboard to play low-e). A lot of teachers don't teach it but a lot of people use the method and it can be applied to various chords to make them easier to play.

Scales and theory are also great (though tedious) to learn since they'll allow you to improvise your own little riffs and solos by knowing your way around the fretboard.

kek

Huh, how strange, I was practicing tears in heaven now. And I'll definitely check it out later, I'm on a phone. So it's harder to translate for some reason
Yea, I remember learning a few Spanish songs, it's so simple. And it sounds hard to play, but I'll give it a go
I'm good with chords, that's one thing checked off. I guess that's my problem, I jump around to much and don't know enough scales....
Yes, but what's the best way?
Then I'll give another chance during the break and I can read sheet music, but am I horrible at rhythm, my teacher often caught me speeding up during practice
Electric really, I like it more, especially with different sounds.

God it's hard to respond to everyone on a phone...

5 months ago huh, still helpful though. Thanks
My teacher taught us not to, but I'm good at changing chords. Seems like I'm just stuck in the doldrums...I know a little bit of everything I just can't piece it all together

John fruchante has good videos where he shows you how he created the songs, I use his videos to learn a lot

Is he the red chilli peppers guitarist?
I'm looking at some of his videos now