ITT: Underrated Bands

>Pic related

>Coldplay
>one of the biggest mainstream bands for almost a decade now
>underrated

What did he mean by this?

javascript:quote('71235398'); Probably means critically, not commercially

not O'Pea but probably in the context of Sup Forums and Sup Forumscore I'd imagine

I'm guessing he means underrated on Sup Forums for example. Obviously we don't usually like popular pop and rock acts.

^Fuck sake, spot the Sup Forums noob

>spot the Sup Forums noob
>he can't even reply to a post

>popular pop
I also would have accepted just "popular" or "pop"

@71235418:

What do you mean by this?

wtf I didn't realize I wrote it like that lol.

Both of those comments were me. I intended it to be the comment directly underneath my own, but other people commented in the time it took me to send the next message. Anyways, I think I got it now kek

They should've stopped at Viva La Vida

Coldplay are one of the most award winning bands in history.

Awards are not critical acclaim. At all! Adele's album from last year didn't do well on like any publication's AOTY lists, and yet somehow won the Grammy for best album.

Yeah and they also give away more gold medals in the Special Olympics than any other sports competition in the world, user. Makes one think.

They should have stopped when they had their first band meeting and realised that they had absolutely no talent

Some are. Yeah the Grammys are just about record sales and popularity but there are plenty judged critically.

“I always dream about other musicians. And with U2 or Radiohead it’s always, ‘Hey, how are you doing?’ And they are never interested in hanging out with us. It’s a permanent feeling of being at school and the bigger boys don’t want to play with you.”–Chris Martin
And that is why I will always detest Coldplay

:( poor chris

well at least he isn't delusional. in fact that's rather refreshing, I reckon he's a pretty down to earth.

radiohead i get but im surprised u2 doesnt wanna play with them

Even if you don't like their first 2 albums you have to put some respeck on them

who would ever want to hang out with bono or social sperge thom yorke

gay sex probably

I actually cannot bring myself to do that, I sort of get why people like it but they are just not something I have an interest in listening to. And I am in no means a snob about listening to indie or that whole post britpop thing they had going.

>ugly manlets

chris could do better