/cfb/ - Shakeup Saturday (?) edition

This is the first week in history that the AP 1-2- 3 will each play a road game against a ranked team. And the AP poll has run continuously since 1936.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_snTJQPqBc&feature=youtu.be
espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/120629/why-nick-saban-was-so-mad-after-alabamas-win-it-wasnt-just-lane-kiffin
nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#5,34.485,-92.903
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watch for 2 minutes of keks courtesy of some assblasted miami hurricanes fan

youtube.com/watch?v=a_snTJQPqBc&feature=youtu.be

If this is a sign of things to come, the miami butthurt following this game could be glorious

KIL IT WITH FIRE

Other big games include:

Noon
>FSU at Louisville (ABC)

3:30pm
>Oregon at Nebraska (ABC)
>Bama at Ole Miss (CBS)

Primetime
>Ohio State at Oklahoma (FOX)
>Michigan State at ND (NBC)
>USC at Stanford (ABC)

Late night
>Texas at Cal (ESPN)

ESPN Heisman watch

JT Barrett about to go off in primetime and propel himself up the Heisman charts. He grew up dreaming of playing for Texas so he hates Oklahoma
(Texas went with Swoopes instead, derp)

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17530605/how-one-recruiting-decision-texas-landed-jt-barrett-ohio-state

tuberville pulls the ultimate tuberville game out tonight

cincy 23 - 20 houston

Hurts?

Hurts.

Pretty fucking cool

Not one of the pick'em games but who cares

>stealing shit from reddit
It must be made the next OP map

UPSET ALERT

Saban worried about how bad Alabama looked last week

By now everyone has seen the clip of Nick Saban going nuclear on Lane Kiffin. It wasn’t an argument, Saban said, it was an "ass-chewing." Saban snatched off his headset and screamed at Kiffin, going red in the face. Just when it looked as if he was finished, Saban circled back, had a few more choice words and nearly spiked his headset at Kiffin’s feet.
Afterward, he called the team’s play "embarrassing." He said it was perhaps the most disappointing win he’d ever been a part of -- and we’re talking about a career that spans four decades.
"That’s bad football," Saban said. "That’s not the kind of football we want to play here."
For Saban, [the easy win over WKU] was overshadowed by his team’s sloppy play. He saw a mess of an offensive line. He saw a nonexistent running game. He saw a whopping 12 penalties, a pair of touchdowns that were dropped by receivers and a missed field goal on the opening drive of the game.

With a trip to No. 19 Ole Miss coming up, it’s no wonder he was angry. Playing like that might mean a third consecutive loss to the Rebs.

Saban was "pretty ticked off" in the locker room, according to Bradley Bozeman. And Alabama’s starting center wasn’t too happy, either. He said the Tide's performance wasn’t up to their standard. The fact that the running game averaged just 3.2 yards per rush was "embarrassing."
"We have to step our game up in a major way," Bozeman said.
[Cont]

>knowing it's from reddit
>outs himself as a redditor

Holy shit, this beaner is making me laff.
Go App state, y'all are reppin' the Funbelt so well.

"You look around and just tell no one was satisfied," said safety Eddie Jackson, who had a pick-six in the first half.

Everyone wearing crimson on Saturday afternoon seemed to understand that good wasn’t good enough. Not with Ole Miss coming up.

After all, Hugh Freeze’s squad has proved it can score on anyone. And the Rebs' defensive line is among the best in the SEC. On the road, playing a true freshman quarterback in Hurts, Alabama can’t afford excessive penalties and missed opportunities. Anything less than its best could mean the end of an unbeaten season.

Saban knows that. He’s been around enough underachieving teams to know that the margin for error is razor-thin.
"We have lots of work to do," Saban said. "We’re going to play a lot better teams."

espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/120629/why-nick-saban-was-so-mad-after-alabamas-win-it-wasnt-just-lane-kiffin

Unless you have a twitter account and you see a retweet
That's how I found that AP Poll by voter thing
But I wouldn't go there myself

Yeah I follow that CFB sub on twitter. It's quick with great vines, funny shit and surrender cobras.

This place is much better for live game threads and discussion.

USA Today updated their playoff projections yesterday:

Alabama
FSU
Ohio State
Stanford (previously Clemson)

>A struggling effort by Clemson against Troy pushed the Tigers out of the College Football Playoff. Their spot was taken by Stanford

>Oklahoma State Cowboyes
kek

this weekend begins a stretch of five games that include FOUR primetime Saturday evening-slot games showcasing the greatness of Christian McCaffrey and Stanford:

Southern Cal (ABC)
at UCLA (ABC)
at Washington (ESPN)
>Washington State
at Notre Dame (NBC)

Then, the 6 games that make up the back half of Stanford's schedule are pretty easy other than the Nov 12 game at Oregon

that's fuckin awesome

>all this bandwagoning

>McCaffrey

Is he going to translate to a top-flight NFL RB?

>Nebraska's favorite team isn't even Nebraska

W-what?

Having driven through Arkansas plenty and with 3 of my best friends living there i can promise you Arkansas is a red state with Razorback shit everywhere and no LSU shit anywhere

here is a better map:
nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#5,34.485,-92.903

Not only does Nebraska have Nebraska, they also have South Dakota and a chunk of Colorado

here is a better map:

>*Based off the top 25 college football teams from the AP Poll Week 2

I mean its fucking stupid, but neither Nebraska or Arkansas are in that poll. Pointless.

>Maybe kids will start talking school more seriously.
Get outta here with your bright optimism.

>Not everyone in the south supports a conference.
Fucking this. Only idiots with a losing team in a power conference cheer for a conference. (Read: 4/5 teams in the SEC) There's something to be said for being proud of competition in your conference, but the whole SECSECSEC meme is propped up by rednecks who think its the South rising again.

>*Based off the top 25 college football teams from the AP Poll week 2
kek. As 's map shows, Mississippi is clearly dominated form north to south by Mississippi State fans. However, they have a slim margin, averaging in the 30-40% range in most zip codes. This is ironic, because Ole Miss has had far more football success in the SEC than MSU. Their preppy boy image hurts them amongst the redneck fan base in Mississippi.

Because corn.

That is only counting the top 25 teams from week 2 only, which didn't include Nebraska or Arkansas, for example

We've already seen San Diego State beat Cal. Now the other heavily-supported team in southern California (USC) goes to battle with the other heavily-supported team in the San Francisco Bay area (Stanford) this Saturday evening on primetime (ABC). Can Stanford hold down the fort? (Or "the farm" they call it based on the old farm still on campus?)

it only counts relevant teams

USC fucking sucks and will get blasted again.

My animosity towards USC will end once they stop getting placed in the top 25 on a preseason poll.

What if they finish in the top 25 at the end of the regular season?

Can anyone give a single reason why polls should exist before week 4?

>UCLA and that tiny ass blip
Glorious.

to get ratings on "big" games

yes

Fsu being more popular than Florida is still kind of a shock to me. Yea they have been way better recently, but Gators always seemed like top dog in Florida, especially during the Tebow years.

UF is easy to hate.

>muh Teboq muh jorts muh Hernandez

>auburn only gets 62% of its own zip code
>there is literally nothing but the university in this zip code

I've lived in Florida all my of my life, UF is the most popular team in the state, especially with the redneck population. I am a FSU fan, and I find that people are more likely to be UF fans. Most say that Tebow is the reason they are fans. Plus, they won two natties and a Heisman, so people bandwagoned.

Yeah. That's why people hate UF. Tebow and the bandwagoners. The hate isn't as strong as say Michigan or Bama but hardly anyone who doesn't directly support UF likes them in any way.

Note Nebraska is single-handedly beating down the West one fanbase at a time. Can Oregon put an end to the rampage?

NEBRASKA
>W 43-10 Fresno State
>W 52-17 Wyoming
>up next: Oregon

I know that's why I hate them, alongside the fact I'm a FSU student.

God I hope...

Whats your opinion on USF?

The Tebow years were very short compared to some of FSU's runs during the 1990s. From 1987-2000, they lost 19 games. That's fucking incredible.

I miss the ND vs Michigan rivalry but this ND vs Michigan State game on primetime NBC Saturday night should be a war

It's not what have you done, it's what have you done for me lately. Yes, FSU won a NC and a Heisman, and the Gators have sucked in recent years, but for some reason I still see more Orange and Blue than Garnet and Gold. It doesn't annoy me too much, cause I hate fair-weather fans. I'd rather they bandwagon onto UF than pollute FSU's fanbase. And UF can keep the rednecks, we don't want them either.

Whose got 4rivers at their school? Go Noles

Personal opinion? UCF is better. They at least served their time in the trenches in C-USA. South Florida on the other hand was one of the first "muh TV market" teams. The same thinking that led to the Big East to acquiring USF is the same thinking that led to the Big East losing their status as a power conference. They chose a large market over a high-caliber football team.

Holy fuck that was good pulled pork

Fuck Nissan

UUUNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Cincy could do it

Not too worried about this one. Pirates have shown a lot of discipline, resilience, and flexibility so far this year. If they can keep it with 7 against South Carolina, I'll be happy.

no gamebread?

DRAGON!!!!

I hear ya man

>houston
>cincy
>game thread
literally why? We're literally the only people watching thisgame, friend.

COUNTER DRAGON

Secondary please

>that nazi salute

This game prolly gonna have all kinds of dragons 2bh

DRAGON AGAAIN!!!!!!!!

this Cincy stadium is very comfy

>Houston is good

WëW

#6 team on the road in a game they could lose

Literally did nothing wrong

4rivers is so based.

Yea Nippert is awesome. UC's entire campus is really comfy.

If Bama and either FSU oh OSU somehow loses Saturday... Will this be most chaotic start of a college football season?

Talent wise and experience wise, Clemson is still the best team in the country. They've been playing lazy as fuck though and need to step it up, but they'll be in the playoff again easily.

>hating tebow
dumb tripfagposter

>Herman kissing his players

That was weird

>barely beating Troy
watch out for south carolina state

Where is the Houston game thread?

POO ON THE BLOO

there's only 1 game on

NOTRE DAME WOULD BOOTY BLAST BOTH THESE TEAMS

Most of the guys of Troy's team are kids that got cut from Bama or Auburn. They aren't scrubs.

Clemson has been playing lazy, it happens. OSU, FSU, Bama have all done the same in the past few years. But you can't argue the stats, Deshaun Watson is the only player in NCAA history that has passed for 4000+ yards and rushed for 1000+ yards in a single season, and Clemson has led the nation in like 9 defensive categories for 3 years straight. Clemson and Alabama are the only 2 teams to have at least 10 wins for the last 5 seasons. The truth is there are very few teams that match up with them, they just need to quit playing like a bunch of faggots.

They lost to Texass fuck off

maybe you should wait for clemson to get their shit together before telling everyone how good they are (like they would care anyway). acting like a tripfag right now.

Next week's rankings:

1. Ole Miss
2. Louisville
3. Michigan
4. Alabama
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. Georgia
8. Tennessee
9. Washington
10. Wisconsin

Quote me on this one.

There's more UF fans in Florida but they're garbage right now. All the Florida fans are in hiding.

LETS GO BEARCATS

>houston

Can anyone explain to me how the fuck Washington is ranked so high right now?

Neither Ohio State or Oklahoma in that top ten fucking what

LETS GET THIS SHIT STARTED BOYS

>MEMESTON
>MUH BEATING CHOKELAHOMO
>P-P-PLEASE NOTICE US BIG 12 SENPAI

BTFO

BTFO

BTFO

LETS GO CATS

even if Louisville by some unfathomable act of god wins they're not going to 2

Houston is quickly becoming meme team ;_;

they were ranked to begin and simply haven't lost

and ole piss definitely wouldn't be ahead of them

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

>Houston is a playoff contender
Man sometimes you guys sure are dumb.

>tfw you got season tickets at walmart for buying a 12 pack of coke

Houston will pull away in the second half

:^)

>haven't been able to run at all
>Houston expecting run on 4th and 1
>set up perfectly for play action pass
>playcall: slow developing run