What's his best album?

What's his best album?

also, will he be forgotten in time because of how difficult it is for young people to stumble on his music (at least upload a few music videos onto youtube)

Other urls found in this thread:

musicmp3.ru/artist_prince.html
youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tek2m4EM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wouldn't know, still exploring his stuff.
I have a website with all his albums if you're interested.

didn't his stuff just get put up on all the streaming services?

his death will probably end up being the best thing for his legacy

(OP) #
We'll if that happens, it'll be his fault. His company has been deleting YouTube videos and pursuing anyone who shares his music to courts for decades. He has hardly any online presence. Prince has shitty marketing when it comes to selling music to the internet generation. I don't think he'd care anyway.

>put up on streaming services

To my knowledge it was, yes. But I'm still wondering how tempted they are to randomly listen his stuff if they really haven't even the faintest idea of what he sounds like.

Most of the album covers don't help either.

He has a shit ton of songs trending on spotify right now

didn't know that, sounds great.

I just wish they'd upload the music videos onto youtube in good quality.

Half of his albums are missing from spotify/youtube/other services. INCLUDING itunes.

There was only one other place I could find that has all of his albums that you don't have to pay for.

musicmp3.ru/artist_prince.html

He was one of the quintessential pop artists of his era, so I doubt he'll be forgotten anytime soon. I think the real question is if he'll be forgotten when the generation he most appealed to dies out.

He is so fucking overrated. He is a a slightly above average pop star.
I was shocked to see how many people mourned him. (although most of them only knew purple rain)

>so fucking overrated

not at all.

>He is a a slightly above average pop star.
I don't think you know much about Prince

Lol this is objectively wrong. You're a fucking moron.

>He is a a slightly above average pop star.
Bullshit. He's about as good as mainstream pop gets, and has a far more diverse discography than any of his peers. Not to mention far more talent instrumentally.

>Not to mention far more talent instrumentally.
This.

Most pop stars are created and have professional songwriters and producers and are just front personas.

Prince on the other hand meticulously wrote, produced and often times played all the instrument of his albums.

He was also one hell of a guitar player
youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tek2m4EM

The Love Symbol Album and Emancipation are my favorites. His 80's stuff is fantastic but is often overemphasized

He will be forgotten, not because his music is bad, but because it isn't going to age well as it didn't really change anything. Michael Jackson is probably going to overwrite his whole legacy in some decades.

>"I'll tell you a funny story about Prince. I was in this studio and I heard Prince was coming in. There was a time I thought he was awesome, but what a fucking creep! The rules were, you were never to say the word 'Prince', you had to write down that symbol. You were never to look at him, or talk to him unless he approached you first, shit like that. So he shows up in a limo, wearing a fluorescent pink jumpsuit, giant hair, a cane, huge heels and a lollipop."

>"And he's wearing the worst women's perfume you've ever smelt. So he's got two giant bodyguards with him and there was nobody there who was gonna fuck with him! It turns out he wanted us to remix a track and make it harder--apparently he had Broken in his car for a long time. So then I see him at the other end of this hundred yard corridor, and there's only me and him walking towards each other. So we're getting closer, closer and...he walks right past me. I couldn't believe it, I don't care who you are, that's bullshit."

Name one good song. I'll wait.

Define "good". I'll wait

Give those guys a whiff of batdance and they will be on his shit like fags at a parade.

Totally Honest, I've never been able to get into the guy. To me, it always seemed like he just noodles on his guitar while meeting the minimum requirements for a song. He is insane guitar, and he did live for music, but none of it was good. Name one of your favorites. I may soften to him.

Sign O' The Times

what stuff of his have you listened to? If you haven't already, I suggest you try Sign O' The Times, Dirty Mind, or Purple Rain.