Scenes in movies that make you tear up

What scenes in movies or TV always bring a tear to your eye?

Hard mode: No LOTR.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vmo_oUnJo
youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk
youtube.com/watch?v=uoDigplUtKU
youtu.be/VXnAIgeVGt4
youtube.com/watch?v=KrG6IcloA4E
youtube.com/watch?v=eNwARV9tPUw
youtube.com/watch?v=vE8mFDabqD0
youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xo3N9Brp2CU
youtube.com/watch?v=3UkZOZIO63I
youtube.com/watch?v=eTT1re5NI_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=SPBGZRRrEKM
youtube.com/watch?v=S02T1j9qzwg
youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0
youtu.be/ofIrjbegL_s
youtu.be/xRhCz0ELrKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arthur's death in the 1998 Merlin mini-series.

Under-rated series.

>By Grabthar's hammer...

Also, this scene from Traffic (2000)

>David, I do love you.
>That was the everlasting moment he had been waiting for. And the moment had passed, for Monica was sound asleep. More than merely asleep.
>Should he shake her she would never rouse. So David went to sleep too. And for the first time in his life, he went to that place... where dreams are born.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vmo_oUnJo
This scene does, maybe I'm just a bitch I dunno.

Nope, you're perfectly legit. That scene was devastating.

No, that's some heavy shit.

The final few scenes from Paris, Texas.
I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

>the scene when he realises it's too late to fix his life

Good flick, need to re watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk

> Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life.

> too late to fix his life
Won't watch that flick, can't have it remind me of me too much!

i actually cried at the end of warcraft when the orcs let him walk away after fucking up that big guy

That entire movie makes me tear up.

"if Pinocchio became real... and I become a real boy, can I come home?"

Jesus christ, I just want to kill myself. One of the least happy movies ever.

Just that constant unwavering belief of a child that their parent loves them is just so sad considering we know it isn't real.

This. People that don't give up on another, come hell or highwater.

youtube.com/watch?v=uoDigplUtKU

This seems to lack punch without context. I'm sure for you it is.

Durotan's death makes my girlfriend cry. It's something about the fact that Gul'dan was being so fucking cheap and dishonorable and everyone knew it, but because it was against tradition to intervene, everyone had to sit there and watch it happen.

It actually made me tear up too, but it actually just softened me up for that final scene with little baby Thrall sailing down the creek as Durotan's voice plays over it, re-stating his last words to his son. That fucking made me cry.

Thank fucking god Durotan doesn't die like he does in the book though, that would've killed me.

Oh fuck man
I hated the ending because I hated seeing her be nice to him after what they did to him, that shit broke me
>those faithful, innocent and loving doe eyes that Haley has
I can't take it

And he didn't care that the real her abandoned him. He never stopped loving her. It's seriously fucked.

pls no bully

i won't bully but I'd argue that the detach scene is harder.

>CASE: Ranger 2, prepare to detach.

>Brand: What! NO, NO! Cooper! Cooper, what are you doing?

>Cooper: Newton's third law. You've got to leave something behind.

>Brand: You said there were enough resources for both of us!

>Cooper: We agreed, Dr. Brand... ninety percent.

sorry

>movies
What about Telekino?

>crying

lmfao what a bunch of fags

Lost is garbage though. And I included TV in the OP.

>You will travel far, my little Kal-El, but we will never leave you, even in the face of our death.

>no knowing the searchers

Pleb. Do you even Western?

It felt some genuinely powerful moments, at least at the time it was initially airing.

Well, no. As a genre it doesn't interest me.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

This scene right here. Every time.

Good one, but already linked.

This absolutely destroyed me in the X-Files. To me it came from out of nowhere and the accompaniment literally brought me to tears multiple times.

youtu.be/VXnAIgeVGt4

There are three that i thought of recently:
Foxcatcher
youtube.com/watch?v=KrG6IcloA4E
Six Feet Under finale:
youtube.com/watch?v=eNwARV9tPUw
Childhood trauma:
youtube.com/watch?v=vE8mFDabqD0

>Artax

Without fail, this chokes me up every time. I guess I'm easy fodder for father son heart-to-hearts.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xo3N9Brp2CU

youtube.com/watch?v=3UkZOZIO63I

>Foxcatcher
I really don't like Channing Tatum, but fuck. He was amazing in Foxcatcher.

Oh shit my bad user.

youtube.com/watch?v=eTT1re5NI_Y
This one and Hachiko are the only movies that made me cry.

that was ruined for me with the "ninenty percent", i don't know that much about newton's third law so i didn't get it

youtube.com/watch?v=SPBGZRRrEKM

Caring about a nig baby

>ISHYGDDT

youtube.com/watch?v=S02T1j9qzwg

>Never saw the sun
>Never saw the sun
>Shining so bright
>Never saw things
>hmmm mm mm mm
>Going so right
>going so right

That Fox and The Hound scene is the saddest thing I have ever seen. No other scene has ever made me cry like that

I will see you again. But not yet. Not yet.

its nothing to do with newtons law, its to do with the honesty setting of TARS

>Witness me!

Fucking Nux.

Don't even like this film that much anymore, but god damn does this scene fuck me up.

do talk shows count?

youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0

The scene with his wife having her throat slit open and the scene with his best friend's father dying telling his son that he lived a good life and he's proud of his son, powerful powerful stuff and the reason Braveheart is my fave flick of all time.

It has everything a movie should have: love, honor, friendship, battles - oh boy what battles, betrayal, redemption, just everything that fucking matters.

this one gets me more than any other scene in the film

I also think its Ridley Scotts best film

fug

>James Stewart owned a "willful but beloved" golden retriever named Beau, of whom he was extremely fond. Beau slept in the corner of Stewart's bedroom, but would often crawl onto the bed between Stewart and his wife Gloria. Stewart recalled, "he was up there because he wanted me to pat his head, so that’s what I would do. Somehow, my touching his hair made him happier, and just the feeling of him laying against me helped me sleep better."

>While shooting a movie in Arizona, Stewart received a phone call from Dr. Keagy, his veterinarian, who informed him that Beau was terminally ill, and that Gloria sought his permission to perform euthanasia. Stewart declined to give a reply over the phone, and told Keagy to "keep him alive and I'll be there." Stewart requested several days' leave, which allowed him to spend some time with Beau before granting the doctor permission to euthanize the sick dog. Following the procedure, Stewart sat in his car for ten minutes to clear his eyes of tears. Stewart later remembered:

>After [Beau] died there were a lot of nights when I was certain that I could feel him get into bed beside me and I would reach out and pat his head. The feeling was so real that I wrote a poem about it and how much it hurt to realize that he wasn’t going to be there any more.

this and marley and me are the only movies to ever make me cry. i can't get through the first minute of this clip without tearing up

although i have a feeling that the fact that shes an old woman contributes to the emotion in this scene. seeing old people sad in movies destroys me

god damn jimmy stewart was such a awesome human being

>S...Stephanie?

I have never not cried like a bitch from this scene.

Ignore the filename I know it's supposed to be Beat Kitano but I'm too lazy to fix it.

My favorite christmas/war movie.

I know it's stupid but when Vegeta in DBZ punches out Trunks and tells Piccolo to take the two boys as far away as possible so he can blow himself up and kill Buu knowing that he's not going to heaven like Goku did, knowing he's never coming back, really gets to me for some reason.

Love Hurts ending and the Dourif finding his daughter scene in H2.

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

Every time.

LOOK AT HIM

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

Shit. I'll fix this.

And then you can laugh again because I'm the only person that enjoyed this movie.

youtu.be/ofIrjbegL_s

Big Fish. It's not even one of Burton's best, that ending just gets me.

made me tear up just now... again

every time... since theatre

it's the true hero's sacrifice

Vegeta is the real hero for me in DBZ, but not a redeemed hero.

>Hachiko
Watched it two times and cried non-stop the last twenty so minutes.

>To the stars, Bowen. To the stars

The scene where he spares Celliers and Lawrence on Christmas Day also kills me.

This scene from Keit-ai is heartwarming.

>that gif

Fuck, I wish I was loved

Another thread reminded me that this used to get me quite a bit, not that I've seen the film in years.

I don't quite know what it is, I just find it to be depressing.

If you dont cry while watching this you are literally not human. Literally literally
youtu.be/xRhCz0ELrKs
its the most heart wrenching scene i ever saw and i dont even like the movie

>Fuck, I wish I was loved
That post made me tear up. For real. I guess it's the way you wrote it.

I know it's not the same, but I love you user. I really love you.

War films fucking destroy me.

The scene from A Bolt From The Blue where the guy tries to convince his dad to abort him so his mother doesn't die in childbirth.

10th Doctors Regeneration in Doctor Who.

I hate the show now, but you really can't beat that.

What did he mean by this?

This

Rewatching that flick the toughest scene is cooper leaving murph behind.
Because you know how miserable they both will feel because of it.

>overdrawn, ridiculous goodbye scenes
>melodramatic moping
>"I don't want to go.."
>explosion for some reason
Nah, Smith-to-Capaldi was better, and even that was very similar

I thought I was over this but right now it got me again.

Last fight scene in Nacho Libre

Haha man Kuberick is such a dick.

I found this scene more emotional than the ending which is what got most people I think it's because I realised I'd never have a friend that good

>my friends, you bow to no one

>Don't you, forget about me
>Don't, don't, don't, don't
>Don't you, forget about me