Are there any fantasy movies as comfy as lotr?

are there any fantasy movies as comfy as lotr?

NOPE. WHY IS THE WORLD LIKE THIS?

Stop it.

Name one, you piece of shit.

Not on the level of LOTR but Harry Potter should be in the conversation

They're on the same level in my book. Their characters relate to me insanely.

Harry potter is far more comfy, but not as good. Harry potter is like a corny sitcom to me. Comforting because it feels like I have friends and nothing can go wrong.

I don't know why I like shitty sitcoms like full house, friends, or that 70s show. It's like their lame little problems make me feel like nothing bad can happen in the world. They're like a security blanket. Harry potter is the fantasy version of this.

Dragonslayer

mine is Your highness

people give it a lot of shit but i would have loved a trilogy for the most part they did fantasy better than lord of the rings. sure it had its stupid parts but the parts that count shine through. it was literally dnd but plebs and idiots couldnt hang.

Willow

ok, but I've seen Harry potter.

any others?

You're going to have to read fantasy, not watch it.

Not as comfy but still comfy:

The Princess Bride
Warcraft
Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

well i haven't seen warcraft......

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Orcs were made and born fully grown, there werent any baby Orcs nor female ones.

Maybe if he'd actually read LOTR he wouldnt be such a fucking pleb

Conan the Barbarian (Arnie edition)
The Dark Crystal

>he got one minor, unimportant detail wrong, so everything he said is 100% wrong

>this stale pasta
Everyone knows Tolkien essentially established the genre and is still the greatest. But that was a long time ago and art evolves. We all have to admit that Martin has taken the genre in a different direction. Whether we like that direction or not is up for debate, but that doesn't mean he isn't somewhat of an innovator. And bringing such a mainstream audience back to the genre could have positive, long-term effects, although that remains to be seen

>tfw you will never live in a hobbit hole

Just kill me right now

This.

Willow
Legend
Beastmaster

thank you

>Didn't read The Silmarillion

There are definitely female orcs and infant orcs implied in the series.

>And bringing such a mainstream audience back to the genre could have positive, long-term effects, although that remains to be seen

If the books alone were what was driving the genre's newfound popularity, then I'd be hopeful. But it's the show's lead that people are following, not the books. And after the Battle of the Bastards, I'm not satisfied one bit at the direction fantasy is going.

This. The Uruk-hai were created from breeding pits, but the original orcs were corrupted elves, and there is no reason to assume they would've been all male or reproduced asexually