Can we all agree this album is 10/10?

Can we all agree this album is 10/10?

I don't even like metal all that much anymore but I just gave this another listen this morning and goddamn it's great

Their debut is better.

came here to say this

also a lot of the early demo tapes and b-side songs are pretty great

I disagree. It's too experimental and I find it's produced kinda weird, if that makes sense. Toxicity has a much more defined sound and they pull it off great. Their debut is good but Toxicity is alot better.

Bring Your Own Bombs is one of the best songs of my lifetime

>too experimental

lol that's what makes it so great

salsa/polka/whatever other shit in their songs, plus the energy was so high and they were especially fucking crazy at the time

toxicity is a bunch of DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN powerchords with a couple middle eastern sounding riffs thrown in

but the real goat is mesmerize + hypnotize

Nah, self titled is all over the place and not nearly as consistent as Toxicity

I don't see that at all, debut seemed coherent in its craziness

you could argue toxicity is more coherent, but that's most because it has more boring songs

Are this and STA the metal equivalents of Kid A and Amnesiac?

byob is shite

Maybe. Soad gets more flack than radiohead though
also sta > toxicity > self-titled > mezmerize > hypnotize

I'll fuck u till u love me faggot

mariachi limp bizkit

teenage girl/boy who only listens to soad detected

Genuinelly good band which is too famous for its own good.

why is this band so popular among teenage girls?

Teenage girls have shit taste in music. SOAD is alright, but not worthy of all the hype.

Suite-pee is their best song prove me wrong

they're both nu metal, and there's more experimental nu metal out there.

look at Korn's debut or some proto nu metal like Primus, Nine Inch Nails, or Ministry.

Korn is garbage, don't lump it with Primus, NIN or Ministry even though Ministry is shit for edgy kids who aren't edgy enough for EYEHATEGOD

EYEHATEGOD is fucking trash

korn was good, what makes you think they're bad? Freak on a Leash is better than half of Sup Forumscore

>Toxicity
>consistent
>when X and Shimmy exist
Nah.

X is a good song and Shimmy is one of the best songs on the album. Nigger what

yea tru

god i hope so, those four albums are basically my two favorites of each band

if mesmerize and hypnotize were 1 album it would be really good but both have 4 really fucking awful songs

They're debut is amazing, but spiders, cubert, and pluck are too underwhelming, the album is also all over the place and not necessarily in a great way

also, can you link some of their b-sides?

the only bad/redundant song on the LP has to be jet pilot bc its literally like 2 chords the entire song

tru

only because normies take the chorus literally

listening to their debut for the first time, it's pretty great. Before this I saw SOAD as "le grandma should put on makeup xD" band, didn't think they were genuinely good

no, only because it's not that good of a song.

Can you name what those 4 awful songs are from each of the 2 exactly?

this album is underrated

probably my favorite album other than toxicity ofc