National Holiday

This glorious album is now 25 years old!
What are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rh7UORdO5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHITE POWER

Walk is my favorite, but it really is an overall great album

Essential trailerpark core.

Phil Anselmo is "Not" a Racist, He said so himself

It's okay tho, he was drunk.

>:(

I mean, you're not wrong

R.I.P Dimebag! One of the best.
Fucking Moscow had one of the best concerts in the history of Pantera.
>Sad!

>Vulgar Display of Power is the sixth studio album..
still sounds weird, it's their sophomore record to me.

Fucking Hostile is fantastic, A New Level is fun to play on guitar and Hollow is a great cheesy ballad.

YOU KEEP THIS LOVE

BY DEMONS

WOK ON HOM BOI

Everything before Cowboys From Hell wasn't very good anyways.

Thanks for the reminder. One of the GOAT albums of all time

FIST

>greatest of all time albums of all time

RE

You destroyed him, RIP in piece

That's how good it is my dude

>that tfw feel when

>my mfw when you retards don't understand acronym

BTFO the fuck out

>my mfw when
>not my mfw face when
you fucked it up, to be t.b.h. with you

in my honest imho the meme was set up perfectly

What was his name again?

Pantera were a bunch of trend following faggots
>started as a hair metal band and complete blew
>changed into mediocre groove metal since hair metal was dead
>everybody regards them as a good band
disgusting

Most regular people would say it's hard, but any streetwise son of a bitch knows you can't fuck with this.

> tfw Dimebag died where I'm from

> tfw Phil is a piece of shit and literally thinks it's my fault + everyone who lives here

Kanye West.
Because he's a racist hack.

bump

Reinventing The Steel [Eastwest, 2000] *bomb*

The album that ruined metal. Fuckin Hostile is pretty good though.

Not my favorite Pantera album but I can see why it's held in such a high regard. It still perplexing sounds modern and not at all like it was released in 1992. Favorite part is probably the drumming, it's extremely tight.

It's a fun album and metal fans who don't like it are almost uniformly fedora lords in my experience.

pic related

>>started as a hair metal band and complete blew

You should probably listen to their glam stuff before you talk shit. Dimebag's style really lent itself well to the opulent glam-style, he had some killer riffs and solos on most of their glam work. Also Anselmo displays an impressive vocal range on Power Metal, which is way more thrash than the glamy album cover might have you believe. It still blows my mind that they were in their teens when they made those albums, I think Dimebag was only 15 when Metal Magic was recorded.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rh7UORdO5Q
You treat your stepmother with respect, Pantera.

That post reminded me of last.fm comments circa 2008. All those metalhead kids trying their hardest to earn "tr00 metal" cred. Those same people have Young Thug profile pictures now, I'm not joking.

Solid Album, But I think Far Beyond Driven might be my favorite. No clue why as I used to think FBD was noise but its totally grown on me.

I like it as much as cowboys. As in, both have some shitty tracks. Also, i have always been into pantera more bc of phil than dimebag

Also, did you knew Dimebag and Quorthon share year of birth and death?

Good friends and a bottle of pills basically is noise.

and that's strangely where I find the appeal

Use My Third Arm is solid gold though

This meme needs to die. They influenced a whole bunch of shitty southern metal bands but their music is way too fucked up and aggressive for your average trailer trash to find it appealing.

phil anselmo is one of my heros

i'll always remember riding to hockey game with my bros getting pumped listening to vulgar display of power.

still go and see down shows.

love far beyond driven too.

I fucked your girlfriend last night.
While you snored and drooled, I fucked your love.
She called me Daddy. And I called her baby when I
Smacked her ass. I called her sugar when I ate
Her alive till daylight. And I slept with her all
Over me, from forehead to ribcage I dripper her ass.
Sometimes I thought you might be spying, living out some
Brash fantasy, but no. You were knocked out. But we were
All knocked out you know. In a way
I serve too many masters.
We didn't know you'd break the bottle that the magic
Came in to use those jagged shards to slit our wrists
And neck. And you'd do it too, you're that kind of dude.
But you wouldn't know what you were doing because
I didn't, your girlfriend could have been a burn
Victim, an amputee, a dead body. But god damn I wanted
To fuck.
I'm serving too many fucking masters.
I told you. I told you motherfucker

It's funny how dimebag most likely never knew about bathory or quorthon. Phil always had the best taste and knowledge about the extreme and underground in the band. He was wearing deicide and darkthrone shirts on stage and took morbid angel and satyricon out on tour. Vinnie Paul and dimebag were into the emerging nu metal scene and had shit taste for the most part.

It has some good songs but a lot of filler too. I'm more of a great southern trendkill guy myself. It's funny how the band ignores it like power metal, another one of their best albums.

>Vinnie Paul and dimebag were into the emerging nu metal scene and had shit taste for the most part.

I don't believe that. Dimebag was a oldschool metalhead who idolized Ace Frehley, Van Halen and Dave Mustaine. I don't know much about Vinnie's music taste back then but his constant double-bass abuse leads me to believe that he was into extremer stuff as well.

Listen to damageplan and say there is no nu metal influence. Corey taylor even makes a guest appearance on "fuck you". Damageplan toured with drowning pool and the brothers played walk with disturbed, it's even on blabbermouth. They were obviously very into it at the time and were friends with the big names in the scene.

I also said they have shit taste for the most part. They had good hard rock/heavy metal/thrash metal influences (sharing many of them with Phil) but I think their taste developed for the worse. As for Vinnies double bass drumming, I think he got that from thrash metal. He says that he and dime loved Metallica, slayer and other bands like that. However, he has never said he likes death/black metal. I think they drew the line at that. Vinnie and dime were into heavy music, but nowhere as extreme as Phil.

Can confirm

Lived in 3 separate trailer parks during my life, and I'm in one now

I was listening to the album last night, it's great

Ya phil is still into that shit

One of the albums that got me into metal

Eleventh grade was comfy

SPEK

Really good when I was 15. I'm not as angry anymore, though. Still, Dime's riffs on this and Cowboys and Driven are so fun to try to play. Slaughtered is a workout.

Splendid riffs, accrobatic leads, moving vocals if juvenille lyrics. Bass is sufficient.

Guitar tone is shit. Drums are tight but tone is shit. Sometimes the guitar solos give me a headache. Bass is sufficient.,

vinnie paul is a fat retard who plays buttmetal and phil did nothing wrong.

Ain't nobody saying otherwise

>being this blatantly anti-white

Power Metal was better desu

REVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGE
I'M SCREAMING REVENGE AGAIIIIIIIIIIN

Vinnie Paul never moved past hair metal and was apparently trying to hook up some reunion shows with Terry Glaze before Dimebag died.

Dimebag loved dadrock, but he was also into thrash in the 80's, he auditioned for Megadeth before Cowboys From Hell dropped.

Phil was the nerd who loved death metal, black metal and everything the rest of the band couldn't stand. He even got Seth from Anal Cunt to do backing vocals on The Great Southern Trendkill.

>trying to hook up some reunion shows with Terry Glaze before Dimebag died
>he auditioned for Megadeth before Cowboys From Hell dropped

Woah, where are you getting this information from? I think I knew my Pantera trivia.

>He even got Seth from Anal Cunt to do backing vocals on The Great Southern Trendkill.

That I know.

Waffle Wyatt

He didn't audition. He did gigs with megadeth, but dime insisted dave whould hire vinnie as a drummer.

There's also a pic i had in my laptop (r.i.p. ) whit dime, lemmy and philty

Always preferred CFH to it and it's perhaps my least favorite album in their discography Anselmo era wise, of course.

Swag Sack Samuel

Listening to this for the first time right now actually. I'm enjoying it, but not to any great degree. That said, I'm not really a metalhead, I'm a punk. I really like Walk tho.