So, why don't you have perfect pitch yet?

So, why don't you have perfect pitch yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uK8O5UgX8Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
youtube.com/watch?v=CSg2zQl0hk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so i can laugh at you fags complain when something has chorus in it

You kinda have to be born with it.
In hindsight I realized I've had it all my life. As a kid I would get annoyed when classmates didn't quote TV shows with the proper tone and cadence. It eventually developed into faster memorization of music and other benefits.

The only person I know that has perfect pitch is a pretentious fuck that listens exclusively to classical music and believes that all music since WWII (except sometimes The Beatles) is utter shit.

you can't develop it past age 3 or so

you're probably talking about relative pitch lad

I'm glad I'm not some kind of annoying fuck who tells everybody what pitch somebody just farted at all the time

I do. It's not even that useful, since western music is based mainly on harmonic relations between pitches.

That sounds like autism actually. Like you might actually want to get checked

We already had this discussion. Perfect pitch is absolutely worthless for music listening unless you jerk yourself off to knowing the exact notes etc., while it's sorta helpful with music writing

this is not how perfect pitch works

Wait so if I can hear a note or chord and immediately know which note/chord it is, does that mean I have perfect pitch?

user that sounds like legitimate autism, not perfect pitch

I'm confused on what perfect pitch has to do with enjoying music. It simply means you can't identify a pitch without a reference pitch. It's helpful for composition and playing music, but completely meaningless for enjoyment.

>not playing music out of tune and calling yourself experimental

fugging plebe

Yea that's what perfect pitch is.
this guy is correct (assuming you mean "can")
I do wish I had it earlier in life so I could develop better performance skills but I disagree that you can't develop perfect pitch, I'm in my 4th semester studying theory and I've developed it just by reading sheets along to the music, the more you study theory the easier it becomes.

if anything it's the other way around because with perfect/absolute pitch you realize how many harmonic structures just keep getting rehashed
source: I have it

For the people in the thread that apparently have perfect pitch:

How does your sense of pitch react to different tunings/temperaments? Is 12TET your point of reference, or something else like just intonation? What sounds the most "correct"?

Sounds like perfect pitch sucks all the fun out of music, as you're constantly thinking about what note you're hearing.

>yfw when you noticed the guitar tuning is slightly off by 2 Hz

>Not playing super out of tune and calling it No Wave and then acting better than everyone else because you went to art school

ISHYGDDT

>when you start to appreciate the melancholy of tuning 50 cents sharp or flat
youtube.com/watch?v=uK8O5UgX8Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
youtube.com/watch?v=CSg2zQl0hk4

perfect relative pitch > 'perfect' perfect pitch
>everything sounds the same
everything doesn't sound the same for a common ear, it still gets relations of notes, that's what ears are for, genius. even if you discern perfect frequencies of notes, doesn't mean you can discern a 13th chord

>sorta
FOUND THE RETARD

not an argument

Idk if I have perfect pitch but if I hear a note I can play it back on guitar or sing it immediately

dude if you knew jack shit (like basic, basic) about music theory you'd realize how fucking stupid your post is LMAO

you dont have perfect pitch, but you are a perfect BITCH

oh fug

God damn you fuckin got em