Any advice on remedying bad breath?

Any advice on remedying bad breath?

I was just recently diagnosed with tonsil stones so mints dont work for more than 10 minutes

(for reference i brush my teeth twice every day and occasionally use mouth wash)

What do you mean "diagnosed"? The only way to remedy tonsil stones is get the fuckers out. I'm able to use my tongue to pry them out of the back of my tonsils. But, I've got a long tongue and been managing it since I was young. You can use small blunt ended object to gently press and remove them. You can't cover up the awful (fucking AWFUL smell) because they are literally bacteria.

Op here
i meant diagnosed like i didnt know what they were until recently and it explains a lot
just wondering if theres any way to mask the godawful smell for any longer than 10 minutes

Remove them and post vid.

You can't mask the smell because the source of the smell is literally sitting the back of your throat. Get them out.

brush the back of your tongue dude, every time
brushing your teeth doesn't do shit for bad breath. all the nasty bacteria hangs out on your tongue and your cheeks.. mostly your tongue. works! also listerine.

Damn. I deal with this shit too. It's hard to get them out

have you tried this?

same poster: also get rid of the tonsil stones, brushing your tongue will prevent them in the future

I had the same thing. Remove them by pushing them out with a Q tip.
Then get a syringe (no needle, just the tube) and squirt Hydrogen Peroxide into all the holes.

You'll choke like crazy, tear up, and gag, maybe even vomit.

But those little fuckers will be gone. Rinse thoroughly with water when you're done.

op here

whats the best method of gettingg them out?
id assume cotton swabs but i havent tried before so idk

op here
u sure this wont kill me?
and how long will they be gone because i know it wont be permanent

cut and trow away your fucking tonsils, is minor cirgury

don't swallow the peroxide.

If you eat healthy, they'll be gone forever. No bullshit. No pop, chocolate, chips etc. Eat some veggies fam

>cirgury
Out with you

Just go to the fucking doctor jesus christ are you seriously gonna try and perform oral surgery on yourself? you can't even fucking see what you're doing

op here again
gonna try brushing them away and rinsing it out
last time i did this i threw up but ill try again
my vision is shit but ill let u guys know if i successfully remove any

WHAT IF THEY KEEP COMING BACK EVERY OTHER WEEK?

I think my right tonsil protrudes a bit compared to my left one i cant even see in the mirror. so stuff collects after a while around my right one.

get rid of your tonsils you fucking idiot

op here
ok im back
i used a flashlight to look at my tonsils and it seemed to be that there were only holes and no stones

i brushed on the tonsils as best i could, idk if thats safe or not

almost threw up

ill gargle some listerine, get back to you when thats done

A deep-throat (har har) gargle with fresh carbonated water can dislodge them. Otherwise, you're stuck physically removing them.

Brush da fuq out yo tonsls niqqa. Den brus em mo.

op here

ok so i did the listerene and i wanted to see if i could touch my tonsils with cotton swabs (q-tips, i just call them that) because ive never done that before

they hurt like hell now, but im also sick rn and i cant tell if its my sore throat or if i fucked something up

i didnt touch them that roughly i just kind of lightly pressed against them, but at the same time it was enough to make me very nearly throw up

its more likely my sore throat i just wanted to include that detail in case its a common problem or something

Get a Tonsillectomy OP, its your only hope. Otherwise enjoy stinky breath and brushing your tonsils raw

get borax,just borax,throw the toothpaste away,use hot salt water with the borax,about a tsp of the borax in hot water,,dr ought to do what they seldom do,dr or dentist,swab your hatch culture it to see which cooty makes the odor
you can also try some squirts of bathroom trychophyton killer,,add some to the other stuff I suggested.
on of the foods you regularly eat may cause this,as might smoking bong,drinking brew

op here

are tonsillectomies expensive or anything? I know theyre surgeries so they cant cost the same as a doctors visit. ill admit im underage and my parents arent doing so well financially.

thats really all thats kept me from speaking up about it to them

Tonsil stones are caused by an imbalance of the normal bacteria in your mouth. In my case, Listerine was the source of the problem. I stopped using it and just brushed my teeth and the back of my tongue twice a day and the stones went away almost completely. every once in a while I get stone that comes out but it made a vast improvement overall. If you still want to use mouthwash, I suggest a different type that isn't so harsh on your mouths normal bacteria.

The only thing to do is remove your tonsils or pick them out every few days.

Unless you change your toothbrush monthly it is probably the most disgusting thing you own. If you don't want tonsil stones then don't rub your #1 bacteria bomb right into the fucking spot you want to get rid of bacteria.

ITT: No tonsil stone removal webms.
I am disappoint

speak up about you dumb ass, they are about 6 grand usually.

also even if you can't afford it don't go out of your way and brush your tonsils raw its not good and not worth it.

you don't need a full goddamn tonsillectomy dude
if the stones come back just remove them. its not a big deal

Are tonsilloliths necessarily hard? Occasionally I will cough up greenish or yellowish squishy balls of gunk from the back of my throat, they also smell awful.

you would know if you had them, what you're coughing up sounds like snot or just crap out of your throat.

op here

no theyre never hard for me and what you just described are exactly tonsiloliths

tonsils are part of you immune system, dont remove it

Get a dentist????

Its not like you will die if you get them removed, in OP's case I would just get them removed, way better than having tonsil stones.

i have tonsil stones sometimes, but its not hard to remove them, i use spoon handle to push them out and some anesthetic in case of retching

your index finger

i assume you have very long fingers m8

So either tonsillectomy or shove random shit in your throat in attempt to dislodge your tonsil stones, the choice is yours OP.

Stop eating/drinking sugar (dissolves in saliva)
Stop drinking coffee (dries mouth out=bacteria farm)
Do cardio (helps the body rid itself of waste and boosts immune system)
Drink more water.

gargling apple cider vinegar helps mine a ton, burns like a bitch though

And a hearty 14/88 to you, sir! How's the wife/sister and kids/cyclops?

user who also suffers from tonsil stones here.
If you can't remove them by pushing them out, best remedy I have is to gargle salt water. Just take about half a cup of water, put a good amount of salt into it (taste test it, it should taste sufficiently salt ofc). Gargle some around your entire mouth to clean your tongue, spit it out, then take some more, but tilt your head back and stick your tongue out a little so the salt water reaches your tonsils (Be careful not to swallow or choke on it, just keep gargling it and it shouldn't fall down your throat). Spit it and go to bed, at the least, pieces of the stone will fall out and you'll swallow it in your sleep without even noticing. Keep in mind though, they can dislodge at any time, so be prepared with a napkin in your pocket and gargle more salt water to clean out the hole

Don't worry to much if you swallow some salt water. Even if you swallow the mouthful, worst you'll get is a minor stomach ache

Good oral hygiene and eating less sugar will keep them from coming back.

get powerful, burning mouthwash and scrub your tongue to no end

Stop eating french fries.
Dead serious.

Brush your tongue to the point it gags you, brush the roof of your mouth. Floss everyday. Dank ass food can sit between your teeth.

Not OP but I want to get one. I have stones but they're not horrible, also I snore but I don't have sleep apnea. Pretty sure I'd be better off without tonsils

i had a crazy sort throat, turned out it was inflamation and tonsil stones. knocked em off with a popsickle stick, and gargled with a bunch of stuff (either warm salt water, hydrogen peroxide, or listerine) to keep em from reforming. after you eat, make sure to gargle with one of those; food on your tonsils helps the stones form.

you basically have to use mouthwash or

he probably will kill it after seeing what they grow into.
>you faggot

I forcefully cough until the lil grimy cunts pop out

Floss.

Flossing plus brushing your teeth, gums, and tongue will leave you with good breath.

what are you trump?

if you can't physically ram your fingers down your throat you just aren't human

Its all on your tongue

Just get a scraper from the chemist for like 4 bucks and scrape off all the build up
And if you're really anal
Get a throat liner detox or something like that
And stop eating junk food and don't promote unhealthy amounts of emotion
Because psycolgical state governs body output

drink lemon juice and thats all

Why?

get a flashlight and a pencil and squeeze them out. They're a lot bigger than you think they are and it's oddly satisfying(AKA fucking gross depending on who you ask) to remove them.