How do some people with "good taste" unironically think he's not trash?

How do some people with "good taste" unironically think he's not trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyCTZ8c-trc
youtube.com/watch?v=LsJz6M7FyEs
youtube.com/watch?v=9x50hKL42i8
thebookofthug.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen to this track and tell me it's not one of the best hip-hop tracks you've heard in years

youtube.com/watch?v=KyCTZ8c-trc

because he sounds good

He needs better producers.

I dislike trap production.

If he were over soul beats I might like his stuff a lot more.

That's the most faggoty post I've seen on this board, congratulations.

>the most faggoty post
Clarify why.

It's not the worst and it's definitely enjoyable. Maybe next time just show me an audio only video, I cringed the whole time at the stupid ass video. Definitely agree with about his production though

This guy and Future made me think I didn't like trap. But then I found Denzel Curry and Travis Scott and Lil Yachty.

Bwahahahaha. Denzel Curry is a try-hard who shouts constantly. Travis Scott is an industry plant who makes mediocre "turnupwhitegurl" club-trap and lil yachti is autistic meme-core.

Young Thug and Future are pretty much the only tolerable trap artists. Both already have classic albums under their belt (DS2 and Barter 6).

>This guy and Future made me think I didn't like trap. But then I found a guy who's like YT and Future combined.

Pretty much everything this guy said. Although Lil Yachty is cool.

Truth.

pathetic "opinions"

>Although Lil Yachty is cool.
You mean he's unoffensive to white people, he's still bad

>Travis Scott is an industry plant who makes mediocre "turnupwhitegurl" club-trap
Like it's not relevant to Young Thug and Future as well

depends whether you measure good taste by whether one likes a certain artist or not
you kinda seem like thats what you do
thats circular obviously

You sound like a crybaby

Well Young Thug and Future posters kinda ruin the board and most hip hop discussion, so yeah not everyone's gonna like you :)

>inoffensive to white people
It's not fucking 2002 anymore. Shit is no longer marketed that way. You just outted yourself as a retard and I only tolerate Lil Yachty at a base level.

>KEK

i dunno, i just like his music. not everybody is as much of a stuck-up sperg autiste as you. some people like to have fun sometimes. probably gb2 re-arranging your Arcade Fire LPs or alternatively, your Burzum cassettes.

Young Thug is too esoteric and Future too dark. Travis Scott is a straight up hypebeast and he doesn't hide it, he's on the same level as DJ Khaled, just listen to Birds.

I'd like you to tell me EXACTLY what was wrong with what I said.

That's kinda hypocritical to say that yt and future posters ruin the board, and any other trap rapper posters don't, especially travis scott posters

Why the fuck would you wan't to listen to Young Thug over "soul beats"? That would sound horrible. His style works well with a minimalist trap production, especially when it's as atmospheric as barter 6. Just drop your "i'm too good for trap" attitude.

>literally gets picked up by Yeezy and then uses his ideas on Yeezus
>Thug or Future being anywhere near as esoteric or dark as his stuff musically

HAHAH PAPERBOY YEAHH

He's unoffensive to people who don't like Hip Hop

You're in the minority

I listen to normie music and still find him unlistenable

Uhh pretty sure YT and Future are more well known memes around here than any other trap boy.

>literally gets picked up by Yeezy and then uses his ideas on Yeezus
why do people actually believe this?

>i'm too good for trap
I never said that. I just said I wasn't a fan of it.

At no point was I condescending to any fans of trap, just clarified it wasn't my thing.

I'll admit maybe 'Soul beats' wasn't the best description, but it'd be interesting to hear him on something aside from a trap beat.

He's not normie music, he was hated for a long time by normies until some of them started to catch up

>Young Thug is too esoteric and Future too dark
that's what your regular white nu-male believes

>Travis Scott is a straight up hypebeast
literally any trap rapper ever

>he's on the same level as DJ Khaled, just listen to Birds.
and Young Thug and Future are not? just listen to any future album and slime season 3

He gets picked up, has track credits on Yeezus, his own record sounds an awful lot like Yeezus, and Kanye himself has done this with Kid Cudi and 808s.

People who don't like hip-hop wouldn't like Lil Yachty either.

He might sound good in soul beats what do you know?

This beat is a beat more soulful although still trappy

youtube.com/watch?v=LsJz6M7FyEs

I like what ever input Travis had on Yeezus but as a standalone rapper he's bad. Rodeo was a mess and tried too hard to be artistic. Birds is just straight up radio friendly trap, track after track.

Young Thug and Future are on an entirely differently level artistically. Future too was once pushed as a mainstream trap artist but starting with Monster he became a different beast entirely. I don't have to make any argument as to why Young Thug is esoteric, he's completely unique in today's rap landscape.

Bottom line, Travis Scott is replaceable.

Not true. Lil Yachty has a multimedia novelty factor similar to, say, Die Antwoord. That gives him a lot of crossover appeal.

I know many who do

Travis Scott is just as well known as Future and Young Thug
Denzel Curry and Lil Yachty are also not unknown on here, since the first one is literally RYM-core, and melon is regularly promotes the second one

>his own record sounds an awful lot like Yeezus
He just sounds like Kanye, Keef and Cudi in general

You gotta be a fool to think it's the other way around

>as a standalone rapper
Cant believe you just used these words in a post defending YT and Future. Goddamn lmao that is some backwards fuckin taste.

Denzel Curry is trap's resident "lyrical spiritual miracle individual" artist.

Travis Scott is just plain generic.

As for the others they aren't worth much of a shit either. Glam metal of our generation.

Future uses his gritty autotune to great effect. Also Young Thug's unconventional style is extremely unique. If this was 1994 you'd be probably talking shit about ODB right now.

if you think that denzel curry is not generic as well, you're plain retarded

I mean ODB had a good voice but lyrically he was probably the 2nd weakest in Wu Tang. Is that incorrect?

You're allowed to like their voice but don't try and prop them up as some amazing standalone rappers when they're not even about that. You just look like you actually don't know what good rapping is when you say that.

Denzel Curry does everything Waka Flocka did but worse. He's reddit tier.

>Glam metal of our generation
this

Where was that even implied, dipshit

In fact I think he's even more generic than Scott

It only makes sense that it's the other way around considering his contributions to Yeezus.

He can't.

He won't.

How do trap posters have such bad fucking taste that they can't even stand it when something good comes out of their fad? You sound like picky waifu posters.

Glam metal was secretly patrician just like trap is. Plebs will never understand.

Best glam riff coming through:

youtube.com/watch?v=9x50hKL42i8

>Where was that even implied, dipshit
you descriptions of Denzel Curry and Travis Scott have a contrast

>In fact I think he's even more generic than Scott
>backpedaling

I figured.

I could seriously imagine him on some Danny Brown or ODB (or maybe some chance(?)) style beats and liking him a lot more.

Why does it have to be 'trap' beats?

Imperial has like 3 bangers and nothing else. Not nearly as consistent as DS2 or Barter 6. Those albums represent the high-art of trap.

Consistent as in every track makes me want to turn it off?

You just dislike trap because it's the cool thing to do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trap production, actually it brings the producers more to the forefront and allows them to flex their muscles more. Also Barter 6 has one of the most unique trap productions I've ever heard. It's atmospheric, cavernous and weirdly spiritual in nature. It's not at all generic, constant hi-hat, sub-bass abuse trap. You just haven't listened to enough trap.

You just sound butthurt that not everyone likes the most popular albums in your meme genre desu

>makes a thread about how he dislikes trap
>hasn't actually heard the most acclaimed trap albums

Yep, like I said, you just dislike trap because it's the cool thing to do.

I'm not op kiddo. Sorry its apparently cool to dislike some albums, I guess I'm just cool.

>you descriptions of Denzel Curry and Travis Scott have a contrast
No, they don't? Nothing about labeling Curry the way I did indicates I don't perceived him to be generic. I listed an identifying quality of his. Had I done the same for Travis Scott instead of just outright calling him generic, would I not think he is?

What a futile fucking argument holy shit.

>I guess I'm just cool.

You can't be cool if you don't like Trap music

I like Imperial

>I liked Miracle Lyrical Spiritual Individual In 2x Speed: The Album

I mean, DOOM did that rhyme too. You don't have to dislike it just because it makes you look like you know lyricism.

what do you like about imperial? serious question, not tryna insult

I bet he likes how Curry "GOES HARD NIGGA *flame emoji*"

why do people think travis scott is generic, like have you listened to drugs you should try it, or oh my dis side, or 90210, or flying high, or pick up the phone. all of these songs showcase different styles, all of which (except maybe putp) aren't really something you find in your average trap artist

they can appreciate his vocal theatrics and melodic sensibility, probably

Denzel's voice has a lot of range, he can hit some really risky notes without sounding like a squeaky teenage retard, he's clearly been singing a long time. He can actually unironically spit, the songs are clearly focused more around him than the trap beats, and he turns those beats into his playground. Every song feels like it belongs to him, and you couldn't just replace him with any other trap boy. Really good hooks too. I feel like anyone that likes hip hop can enjoy Denzel Curry, even if they don't like trap that much.

I just think it's pretty lame when someone raps really fast. It's like "Hey look at me I'm rhyming so fast lol dude im so cool."

also he raps about
>Dude serious matters lmao

Which has that J. Cole psychology that makes people think "Wow he's better than most rappers because he isn't rapping about drugs and sex!"
Which isn't true because his flow and delivery does not interest me at all, unlike Young Thug's almost seel noises that strays him from every rapper. I like those seel noises, he should be an example for rappers to not stay in one place and actually try to innovate

It sounds like you just don't like traditional hip hop that much. But you're kinda wording it in a really insecure contrarian way. Its okay if you don't like rappers with technical ability, or songwriting that dares to be more than generic trap topics, but there's nothing wrong with those things. There's actually a lot of things right with those things.

Today I will remind them

thebookofthug.com/

>>>This beat is a beat more soulful although still
trappy

That beat was pure trap. What. Mask Off is more soulful and that was a pure Trap track.

yeezy stan detected

I don't get why people hating on Curry here. Yeah the dude stays on a register of high intensity all the time, but comparatively, Future is ALWAYS on mid intensity regardless of track, Thug is ALWAYS on the lower end of intensity as well.

Like trap rappers aren't all that dynamic (so far). So what's the most important is that every musical piece they make comes together. Someone like Thugger doesn't have the kind of intricate yet laid back production to back up his kind of vocal style. Future is just boring throughout. Curry has his intense delivery usually paired with an intense production style as well.

I like Traditional Hip-hop a lot actually, I also like lyricism a lot. I've listened to nothing but backpack hip-hop when I was a kid. I'm just saying the reasons why Young Thug is under-appreciated(in a way).

Kanye made Yeezus

>not using glorious James Brown samples
Faggot needs to kill himself

>Curry has his intense delivery usually paired with an intense production style as well.

Like I said earlier, he does everything Waka Flocka did but worse. Waka actually had a sense of humor about it and the production from Lex Luger was straight up revolutionary. I also dislike the Raider Klan angle from Curry, it just feels like a bunch of kids fucking around, not something you should take seriously.

>Thug is ALWAYS on the lower end of intensity as well.
>ALWAYS

youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM

There, proved you wrong.

>inb4 some faggot posts all the co-writers and co-producers.

All the white "turn-up" girls I know listen to all the artists you guys are talking about.

What a stupid conversation.

There is no good trap music. Some can be nice or tolerable but none of it is actually as good as people pretend it is.

People with good taste don't listen to hip hop or any of its garbage derivatives

>2017
>Nogs still trying to make """"""music""""""

No they don't, stop lying. They only listen to YT or Future if they're featured on a Weeknd track or something. Their music on its own is way too off putting for your typical party crowd. Now I'm not saying they don't have some bangers, especially Future has some crowd-pleasers on Honest, but Travis Scott is on another level when it comes to being a commercial sellout.

Oh fuck no, I dislike a lot of his music.

Stan's don't ever admit when an artist they love fucks up.

Do you ever leave your house? Do you talk to normal people? Future is more popular then Travis Scott.

White hipsters and liberals pretend they enjoy rap music because it makes them feel sophisticated and cultured that they can appreciate and relate to black culture, while also listening to guitar music.

Black people don't see their rappers as "artists" or deconstruct it like white posers do. To them it's just something catchy to dance to at a party.

These are the type of white people who get nervous and act cool whenever they see a black person, and wish they had a cool black friend.

issue with thugga is that he keeps recording shit on the fly non stop and it depends on his mood or mindset and his creativity to come up with something catchy, something that sticks in your ear AND on top of that the beat has to fit with that catchy hook hes trying to come up with, and since hes constantly shitting out and releasing filler filled albums, his odds of making a hit are not too bad, i really like the song Check

but man you have to wait quite a while to get a good track from thugger

I feel like people only listen to this type of music because listening to rap is "cool" now like 80%of kids in my school listen to rap or trap or whatever its called I wonder how many people actually enjoy the music, not the appeal

soo.... me?

jeffery > barter 6

Imagine his music and rapping as just musical notes and the words dont matter. I will be the first to admit his lyrics are garbage but melodically his raps are very good and he picks good beats

Young Thug is fucking awesome. Personally I have a really simple scale when judging hip hop music of any kind; production, flow, versatility, creativity, lyrics. Thugger has dumb lyrics but everything else is 10/10. i know he doesn't make his own beats but the beats in some of his songs are incredible

gay ass hypebeast opinion.

incredible artist t b q h

dont love trap personally but jeffery is a brilliant album and the guys crazy talented

u mite just b a pleb

talented Lololol give me a fucking break. the sooner the public can see through such bullshit and garbage """""art""""" the sooner we can all move on as an advanced species

I always thought it was an ironic Lil B type meme...I dont get it honestly.

It just doesnt sound good. I can barely understand the dude and it just seems like shitty trap to me for fuckboys.