Why hasn't a gaming studio made an open world rpg Harry Potter game yet?

Why hasn't a gaming studio made an open world rpg Harry Potter game yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

test.akabur.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP asks the tough questions

Maybe cause that sounds totally gay

they probably don't think it would be a good return on investment.

What the fuck is gay about Harry Potter? An open world Harry Potter game would be dope as fuck.

I disagree. The franchise has a solid fanbase comparable to Star Wars.

Because it would suck

Your opinion is wrong and you should kill yourself.

you probably don't have any experience in the business side of the gaming industry, though.

try and sell the idea. get a kickstarter or something going, if you can get enough support from this community you're referencing then you could probably get the attention of somebody who would bother getting licensing from rowling and whoever controls the potter shit.

ok how should I do it

sorry op the best you get is this

The fuck you talking about?
I remember playing harry potter game on PS1

Run as fast as you can head first into a concrete wall

Yeah now we need a current gen version.

I can't run because I'm fat.

I don't have the ambition tbh.
Basically a game where you're sorted into a house at Hogwarts, learns spells and lore etc. You also decide if you want to become a dark wizard along the lines of Voldemort or a good guy like Dumbledore. The world could explore Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, The Ministry of Magic etc.

Then you need motivation. Pretend you're running to a McDonalds or something that's giving free burgers and diet cokes (fat cunts like you always drink Diet Coke

I fell on the ground and now I can't get back to my bed.

fanbase is mostly shit
would attract shit people
unless it was loaded with micro transations or was really really good AND good looking, it wouldnt have a good return investment
and it would be difficult to provide the player with a meaningful scale and progression of skill within this world where literally every fan-insert wants to be the chosen one

link

Cos u r fat

test.akabur.com/

Cos it would suck?

Well then you're the fucking problem. "I dont have the ambition tbh". So let me guess you would want someone to fight your battles for you too right? "Someone else will do it" this is the exact type of thinking that poisons our youth and creates apathy and disappointments like yourself. Your battle- getting an open world harry potter game.
Your solution - someone else will do it.

Well faggot let me tell you change and action only happen when you put forth the effort. Otherwise shut the fuck up and go back to quietly living in your mom's basement.

Personally I think an open world harry Potter game sounds awesome, your attitude towards the situation is pathetic.

worth a download?

Open world games are, as far as i can tell, exclusively combat oriented. And Harry potter games always fall flat in the combat
Combat in games is very hard to make entertaining without sticking the the tried and true formulae and harry potter's world does not translate well to any known combat templates.
It's probably fun to fight in the world, but in game where the player has a very limited way of interfacing with the program there's really not much that can be done.
A typing challenge game would probably work pretty well with the spells and school setting but not open world.
With open world you can really only do dodgy country sword fists like the arkham games or some kind of shooter, there's just no other way to spin open world and have it not be a boring pseudo mmo like final fantasy 12 or xenoblade or just straight up mmo.

Closest thing you'll get is Lego hp

yeah absolutely beat both WT and PT. It is slow but worth it if you play it over a few days when ever you feel like jerking it. Do yourself a favor if you are not liking the grind and hack in gold.

Should it be during the events of the Harry Potter series? Like would you side with Harry and go on adventures with him and the team, join Dumbledore army or the order of the Phoenix? Or Malfoy/ death eaters? Or would it be after and just a free open world expLoring game? I think it would be easier to play as Harry or other existing characters

Rumor is they are working on one. I think it's gonna' be like LOTR, where your entire online life is just background to the books' story.

i'd rather they spend the money on making proper movie/series adaptations using kids that know what the fuck acting is.

... because no one wants to go back to school... ANY school...

totally agree and same question could be ask with a quidditch sport game

The universe of harry potter is so based on what is convenient for the protagonist at the time, inconcistencies and deus ex machinas. Unless the game is specifically made to follow the movies (like harry potter 1&2 games which were cool) its going to work out rather strangely in a game that is not linear, but open world. I dont think it would work very well.

I would imagine it is because the jew bitch that wrote this shit show on a napkin won't take less than 50 million for the rights.

What about pedophiles?

Lego did it.
It was gay af.

A bunch of grown men roleplaying as girl wizards at hogwarts.

What could go wrong?

Please. I'd rather work at a daycare facility or a chucky-cheese.