21:9 Appreciation Thread

21:9 Appreciation Thread
Post your screen caps, best experiences, what model are you using, how well does your rig handle these massive resolutions etcetc.

Using an Asus PG348Q and two 980 Ti's myself. Everything hits 60+FPS on ultra, it's fucking amazing friendos. Watching movies/shows on this is also a different level of immersive.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/LG-29UC88-B-UltraWide-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B01DMPK6DU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479732465&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=LG 29UC88 29-Inch 21:9 UltraWide FHD (2560x1080) IPS Curved Monitor with FreeSync
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you're mom buy you a puter for christmas.

Console kids will never experience this. Sadness.

amazon.com/LG-29UC88-B-UltraWide-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B01DMPK6DU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479732465&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=LG 29UC88 29-Inch 21:9 UltraWide FHD (2560x1080) IPS Curved Monitor with FreeSync
Just bought this monitor a few weeks ago, i love it.

What game is that?

No, poorfriend. 3D artist, I charge $125~$175 an hour for commissions. Work whenever I feel like it.

LG makes killer panels, every non-gaymer monitor I use is an LG and they've never let me down.

Wish they had a Gsync 100hz model, I'd of stuck with them.

The neet life must be nice.

Infinite Warfare. It's not good, but it is visually very very well done.

It is. People pay me to dress anime girls up for them. Some weird fucker also paid me almost $900 to model him a... anthromorph applejack with a huge horse cock for UE4. I don't want to know what it was used for.

Going to work on some vocaloid related 21:9 video soon as a personal project for fun.

A Ubisoft game that runs well, someone hold me while hell freezes over.

Holds 60 FPS, no SLI support yet so this is off 1 980 Ti. When there's a driver update for it I expect it'll hit 100fps rock solid which will make me quite happy.

Deus Ex looks better than this on my small shitty HD TV. With a Ps4..
Cheap b8 my m8, r8 1/8

Only thing I don't like about it is the bezel is too thick at the bottom if I want to rotate it up and put it next to another one. There would be that big gap

Funny cause Deus Ex looks like absolute fucking SHIT on my PS4 Pro on a samsung JS9500. Fuck off with your platform loyalist shit, only poorfags do that.

Motion blur when you forget to turn it off. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What other games should I go oogle the eye candy in? I can also report on performance for those who are thinking of making the leap and wondering if their shit can handle it.

There's not many games I don't own so suggest w/e.

Is there actually a way to watch movies in 21:9 without stretching the image?

... Most movies are shot natively in 21:9, why do you think they have letterbox on your 16:9?

whats your full build op

Yes, films are shot in 21:9 almost always. So it'll have no letter-boxing on a monitor like this. For things like youtube and netflix there is actually a cool plugin that corrects stream aspect ratios.

And here is my full build for person that asked.

Asus PG348Q main display
Asus Pg278Q 2nd monitor
X99 rampage 5 edition 10
i7 6850k
32Gb dominator Memory 3200Mhz
2* 980ti in sli
250GB samsung evo 840
500GB samsung Evo 850
2 TB HDD
1 TB HDD
500GB HDD

A-Are you me?

Nope but i cant get my ram to run at 3200 XMP profile it just ditches to bios all the time.

pain in the ass

but ive overclocked my core to 4.2 Ghz

Mine never reports properly either it's pretty annoying. Right up there with our 2gb 980 Ti's amirite?

what do you mean right up there? as in nothing can dent the cards in terms of fps?

i mean i can play battlefield on 3440*1440 with everything max on 100 fps stable

No I mean speccy reporting them as 2gb VRAM lol.

yeah just never noticed it but i get it on the system . not sure why it doesnt report it

hi OP nice monitor/GFX cards. Are you ugly IRL?

Haha, thanks for giving the answer for me.

I'm not defending it, but like you love your custom build PC, I do live my glacier white Ps4. I started with gaming on my fathers pc in the 90's, and since then I'm in love with video games.
No matter what platform, I just love games and all the stuff behind it.
But the community is fighting over nothing all the time, and that's what I hate.
You aren't a ubermensch because you have a 3000$ PC, nor am I with my Ps4.
We are just kids in the bodies of grown up's, doing what we love. Play video games.
Have a nice day/night man!

I don't like platform loyalty, it makes no sense. I enjoy games a lot of games on my PS4 Pro, but if it's multi-plat I get it for PC. Simply my preference, I don't get this console war nonsense.

I'm average Sup Forumsro. What makes me stand out is not being a beta faggot, money doesn't hurt either.