Thoughts on Anthony Fantano?

Thoughts on Anthony Fantano?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvNjCNBVs9k
youtube.com/channel/UCRYhCg0DHloE9gn-PAiAYNg/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A cool melon

Disagree on his The Getaway review though

Anthony's overrated. How about your thoughts on this bloke?

I'm confused as to why anyone cares about what he has to say. What makes him different from the million other people with opinions on the internet?

Yeah, I know what you guys mean. I only just started watching him and his opinions seem to be one of three things: exactly what everyone else is already saying, something intentionally contrarian, or overhyping an album for no reason

>Sup Forums suddenly hates Fantano

what the fuck happened?

>What makes him different from the million other people with opinions on the internet?
The same thing that differentiates Scaruffi from the million other people with opinions on the internet: people listen to him

>exactly what everyone else is already saying, something intentionally contrarian, or overhyping an album for no reason
What's an opinion that doesn't fall into those categories?

he's pretty average right now. like he's really only talks about music that is well known/essentials.

This site hated him ever since he gave Goblin a 4

He has some retarded opinions, like giving Rodeo a strong 8/10 or R+7 a 5.

Dead End Hip Hop is the best place to go for hip-hop fans desu

What the fuck did Peter Silberman do to hurt him?

youtube.com/watch?v=qvNjCNBVs9k

:^)

i like the dude a. we talk a lot on twitter and seems pretty down to earth.

produce terrible music

was zomby right?

They have extremely entry level taste. Why would I care what some black people have to say about a hip-hop album. At least Fantano knows a wide spectrum of genres and forms his opinions accordingly, he really is a music nerd compared to those simpletons of DEHH.

Lebowski_your_opinion.png

he sounds like a faggot who can't take criticism

With Love was garbage. Also I don' get his "you've never been to england" comment. The album was recorded in the US and was sort of a "meditation on the drill scene".

Clearly you don't know who myke c town is

thicc

>you have never been to england have you
hahahahaha what

>this new

Sup Forums hated fantano ever since he first poked fun at sjw's way back

Dude Myke C Town had much more obscure taste than Fantano. A bit less pretentious too with his love of some less critically acclaimed albums.

The pewpewdie of music ""reviews"" aka an obnoxious faggot.

he's really really cool also i'm pretty sure he made this post because i found him via him shilling on here. hi oliver.

I always though he was okay, I watch his reviews on albums I like just to see what he has to say. I honestly don't get why people get so worked up over him giving his own opinion.

though* fml

welp looks like im going to bed.

I think he has an experienced taste in music. Sure, I don't always agree with his reviews, but I think he more often then not brings good opinions and challenges to the table that challenges artists rather than brings them down.

I find DEHH's videos a drag to sit through for some reason. My personal favorite video from them was the Big Sean vs Lil Wayne Worst Lyrics one with Rap Critic. Rap Critic sucks but it was a hilarious video

That's actually the video that for me into them. I love the diversity in opinions. They have the simple minded person who really only cares about what bumps in the whip, someone to give a producers take on the album, an old head, and an actual Sup Forums tier guy who really knows his shit. This plus the chemistry they have can make for some hilarious moments.

Anthony Fantano is actually the size of a house

I like him, he is funny even if we disagree

Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. Clearly passionate about music though.

Built like a grown up toddler

He thinks he's way funnier than he is, which gives him -[:PXD random] to start with.

He often gives really shallow critiques or merely describes albums with little critical analysis or meaningful comparison. When he does genuinely, analyze things it's almost always to just list obvious reasons why a certain track is shit.

Taste-wise, I often don't agree but it seems alright otherwise. I think he probably gives many things more credit than they deserve.

My main gripe is that most of his skits and "comedy" is terrible (Cal is sometimes funny) and a lot of his reviews feel more like generic listing of attributes and vague "vibing" adjectives.

I watch most of his shit because there isn't a single other all-genre Youtube reviewer with decent production. We're stuck with him. I think he'd get much less attention and fans if he had real competition.

>using meme arrows on twitter

Looks like Calvin johnson

>HE HAS NO RESPECT
>Screencap is a random redditor calling him a jerk.

Okay

wtf I love antknee now

Well you could say the same about literally any music reviewer. People care about what he has to say because he's interesting to a very large number of people. If he wasn't he wouldn't have 900k subscribers.

fucking kek. R O A S T E D.

>Sup Forums on the side of sjw's
since when

that's mac demarco

>being anti-sjw
>a bad thing
who is this infographic targeted towards? Literally everybody fucking hates SJWs.

Sup Forums are pretty cucky desu.

>That /r/indieheads screenshot

Holy shit roflmao who made this

since you

trips is right

He's very fun and legitimate I'd say, his videos are very high quality and he deserves way more subscribers.
If he becomes a le ironic memer XD like fantano I'm gonna be upset.

Wtf...
He's like obese I thought he worked out and was vegan...
Is this like really old or really new I haven't cared about him for a while.

I don't hate him. I don't always agree with him and it's not like he decides what I like, but I watch him sometimes, when he reviews an album that I already care about because I like to listen to other people's opinions on the things I like/strongly dislike.

Extremely charismatic and entertaining guy. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I occasionally enjoy watching them to see his thoughts. People that take his scores seriously are autistic.

He's popular and normie-tier now, he's been hated here for a while. Lurk moar.

My thoughts exactly

>listening to any reviewer about anything. ever.

I think he's fairly objective at times and at other times subjectively blinded.
For example- he loves Kendrick Lamar and Death Grips and so they sort of get a pass where others might not. For example I agree that Lana Del Ray is totally vapid and annoying but her ultraviolence album wasn't as bad as Fontano made it out to be.

Obviously a plant.

I need to rely on someone to form my view you know so Anthony is necessary for me..I like him

looks more like Mark Kozelek

Who is that?

Fantano without the shit memes
youtube.com/channel/UCRYhCg0DHloE9gn-PAiAYNg/videos

Be honest with me Sup Forums.
Do you hate Anthony just because he doesn't agree with politically/isn't a feminist/”SJW”?

vegan =/= healthy

he appeared on the sargon livwstream along with other alt-righters such as jontron, sky, de franco, boogie, and Sup Forums is a known board full of leftist tumblrinas so it's no surprise that Sup Forums hates him

>anyone that disagrees with me is a leftist tumblrina
his (and sargon's) political opinions are retarded even if you hate "sjws"

People on think he knows what he's talking about compared to fantano because of his accent.

he describes music much better than Fantano
plus his accent is cool

seriously, someone give me a better video critic with an output on a similar level to fantano.

his meme reviews are better.

Have you watched any of his videos? He does seem to know what he's talking about, regardless of his limey Brit accent

>"""""""altright"""""""

desperately needs to learn to do his eyebrows

>Jontron
>Alt-right
He's been redpilled to an extent but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a member of that

none of those people are alt-right, Sargon is a libertarian, boogie is a radical centrist, he literally tries to pander to everyone, Jontron just called out SJWs because of that ''retard'' tweet incident, Sky is fucking gay and calls out racists all the time, and de franco is the same like boogey, tries to pander to everyone and Sargon is a libertarian cuck(like the actual meaning of the word)

I get really exited when he gives a 9 or something, but to realize that it's a Shitty SKM album or a literal meme album is just flat out plebeian bullshit

SKM is fine, not 9-worthy though.

damn

Rekt melon

t. gets his political commentary from South Park

scaruffi

The patrician version of Fantano coming through

>something intentionally contrarian
try again

Poor fucker is already having to fight the memes

More like get my political commentary from not being an idiot. Seriously, aside from a very small number of people disproportionately represented in certain places (like media outlets, TV etc.) everybody hates the SJW crowd. Talk to any random normie girl and she'll probably tell you she thinks feminists are retarded or that at least some of them (what we call the SJWs).

let's make fun of his annoying personality and his lack of knowledge on the topic he speaks on for a living instead of his body please.

Hoo boy

Not my fault you're out of touch with real people and think that Huffington Post and Buzzfeed represents the views of the average American. These are not popular attitudes. Don't get me wrong, people my age tend to be pretty liberal. But not like that.

>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

Far too self-absorbed for his own good.

>well respected music reviewer
>ditches that persona to literally just talk about memes
Not like anything of value was lost but seriously, how can anyone care about him after that.

>sargon/milo/aa tier political opinions
>Sup Forums

Anyone ever watched spectrum pulse or ARTV? Both pretty plebeian, there's no one else to bother watching

Why are you more angry about some powerless college students than the far right zealots who can and will oppress others?
>"I make fun of both sides bro!"

>young students who will be our future leaders
>powerless
>some 30-40 year old skinheads [literally shaking]
>can and will oppress others

>uses a couple of pictures of him responding negatively to randoms taking photos of him unauthorized as if that isn't a normal thing to do
>"has no respect in the music industry" because mac demarco said he was "a jerk"