XD they use le bad words! so epic!!!!!

>XD they use le bad words! so epic!!!!!

xD

>I don't understand satire

Plebs identify themselves pretty easy lately.

>curse words offend me so much they literally make my brain stop working

Still better than Family Guy.

Actually south park is great entry-level social commentary. It is the pleb-filter of television basically.

No one here is defending Family Guy.

>South Park
>satire

Oh stop. The whole show is made for edgy teens to parrot whatever Matt/Trey want them to.
No one over the age of 18 should be watching this trash.

Last season was pretty great desu

for 14 year olds. It's cringy hamfisted social satire.

south park seems to make you pretty upset bro

well for someone pointing out it's for a younger audience, you surely should argue more like an adult instead of spouting buzzwords, for anyone to take you seriously

That's not saying much.

>gets assblasted about a cartoon
>"I-it's immature kid shit."

buzzword is a buzzword shitbrain

I've got to admit it grows old to big minds, but the show isn't bad and it has some objectively great elements. When there are feels, they are well executed. That episode where Stan basically becomes a cynical alcoholic at the age of 10, resonates deeply on me.

your reply is cringy and hamfisted

Oh piss off you joyless cunt.

None of what you said makes it not satire. Clearly you don't know what the word means, and are too dense to google it.

Bad satire is still satire fyi.

>smarter than you

>Thing that happened last week in real life happens
>Town gets obsessed with it
>Kids realize that something is fishy
>someone gives an impassioned speech
>inappropriate thing happens
>end

After season 10 this is pretty much every episode. I can't believe how much people love this show and the simpsons when with both about half the show is unwatchable just filled with pop culture references and no original stories

that fits to some episodes but not nearly a majority of them

And then they Make fun of it in the latest season

I wish they'd go back to a similar structure the early seasons had.

Seriously, the first 3 seasons were great, but even Matt and Trey said they hated them. It was pure fun.

This could describe a lot of Simpsons episodes too

Yes and family guy has an episode where they completely rip their own show for the use of cut aways in the earlier seasons. Doesn't take away from the fact that they did it for so long

literally Golden Mean Fallacy: the show

When they were asked to list what they thought was the worst episodes of the show I'm pretty sure they said the first 3 seasons.

South Park is social commentary, it mimics society. When society is shit, southpark is shit. Old seasons were less shit because society was less shit.

>social commentary

Such a dumb pretentious term. They just make fun of whatever happens to be in the news. Congrats, so does the Daily Show.

DUDE DOES ANYONE ELSE REALIZE THAT BOTH SIDES OF [contemporary political debate] HAVE STUPID SUPPORTERS?? MAYBE THE ANSWER LIES SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE. ARE WE MAKING INCISIVE POLITICAL COMMENTARY YET??? DON'T FORGET TO VOTE LIBERTARIAN

South Park died the day they made the human centipad episode. It feels like they were in a meeting and went

>"Hey whats popular now?"
>"O I just saw this movie called the human centipede it was gross"
"Wow that sounds great and you got an Ipad? O boy this episode is starting to come together"

Now we just figure out how we fit the characters around these things and boom we got a show. No soul at all left in the show.

>In Guinness World Records 2001, this film was said to have the most profanity used in an animated film. The book cited a total of 399 swear words, including 146 uses of the word "fuck", along with 199 offensive gestures and 221 acts of violence.

Are you not impressed by world records?

What do you think social commentary is?

A commentary upon the way we're living and how it's affecting us, illuminating hypocrisies, faults, and shortcomings of our culture? Not the guy you're responding to, just pitching a response. I think one of the criticisms being leveled here is South Park's penchant for lampooning only what's popularly discussed. Good social commentary should bring light to issues that are apparent to all but rarely discussed; in bringing them to light, it changes the audience's perception of the world around them and hopefully inspires some sort of initiative to change the fault.

SP is entertainment using topical issues as its foundation; there's nothing wrong with that, but some people might get antsy with it receiving more praise as than they feel it's worth.

I have no personal opinion on the show. I liked it here and there when I was younger but don't watch it now.

you're simply not ready for south park friend. you're not picking up on the subtle s0ociological themes & masterfully-executed yet intentionally-mistransmitted messages that always seem to fly right over lesser minds undetected. south park is eternally poignant, forever relevant, steeped in an understanding of the world and exuding it unto others like a blessing from heaven. important thinkers. one of the best we got.

Someone hasn't watched South Park in a long time.

>XD he hates le niggers! so epic!!!

In what universe is this funny or coherent?

In the universe of your wife's son

>I have no argument and I must meme.jpg

tell us what you find funny, OP

I'll fucking wait.

Whether you like it or not, it is still satire

They hate Season 2 specifically

underrated post

Daily reminder this is the best thing Matt+Trey ever did.

louis ck, amy schumer, bill burr, the list could go on....

>there are actual adults who watch south park

what thef fuck

this shit is funny if you're maybe 15 at best.

Yeah, that was a good storyline. Sometimes fall asleep with SP streaming. Mostly out of nostalgia. I liked it more before they turned Cartman into evil incarnate.

9/11 episode was the most disappointing shit I've ever seen

D R O P P E D

ur such a le sophisticated adult xd

South Park had their heyday in the mid 2000s when libertarianism was the hot thing and you could tow the middle line easily, but nobody is libertarian anymore and people call you a cuck/racist if you aren't alt-right or SJW so the show is pretty much on its way out tbqh. The last season was basically them saying "How do you do, fellow kids?"

That spider tattoo

Everytime

>XD they use le bad words! so epic!!!!!
>I find Amy Schumer funny

Sir, is your wife's son aware that you're using his phone?

kinda provin the point aintcha special snowflake