I smoked weed a few times now and was wondering if keeping the smoke longer in your lungs has any benefits?

I smoked weed a few times now and was wondering if keeping the smoke longer in your lungs has any benefits?
Also general stoner thread.

Pic related

No it doesn't. If anything it's more harmful.

Smoke in your lungs is bad for you.

Is that a tampon?

its widely known that keeping the smoke in longer gets you more high but at a certain point your just getting a buzz off of oxygen deprivation so dont hold in in forever.. you know maybe 5 seconds or more

Contrary to pop culture, a great majority of the thc will be absorbed within 5 seconds. Your lungs are pretty good at what they do. Holding it in as long as you can won't get you higher, only lightheaded. Plus you get more tar stuck in your lungs.

fuking retard

your wrong

Weed smokers can hold their breath longer than nonsmokers. It's not as bad for your lungs as you think.

Yes, it has some benefits and some negative effects, like almost everything.

I read somewhere that most of the goodstuff is absorbed after about 30 seconds, i usually hold it for maybe 5....no point in making a bad cough or putting my lungs thru more than necessary

Keeping whatever you inhale in your lungs for a longer period of time, will cause you to absorb more.
Plain and simple you should be able to figure this out yourself.

Google

>More tar

Thanks for the info guys

>pic related
A cat which came to hang out with us at our campsite in amsterdam

most people smoke joints, not blunts

That stray cat is probably more harmful to your lungs than smoking an ounce of weed.

bongs 4 lyf

This, glass in general really. But I do rolls a blunt for blunt fridays.

You want to hold it for 2-3 seconds at least I've been smoking for 10 years and anybody who blows out right away is retarded.

this is so full of shit, it's not even funny.

>keeping the smoke longer in your lungs has any benefits?
Yes, but it's not that long of a time. 5 seconds should be enough to get everything absorbed.

It was the cat of the campsite owner. I doubt it was more harmful than my own cat.
I am still alive amyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only smoke joints if I have to smoke outside

well you guys sure showed me.

Says the faggot that can't google for himself and instead just shitposts their opinion.

>longer

Yes, obviously, dorklord. Hold it in until you cough and see stars. THEN you will get off.

What the fuck?

guys im a beginner, how many grams should one smoke at once?

A more efficient practice would be to evacuate your lungs as much as possible before hitting. Fill your lungs with as much smoke as you can.

no more than 0.5g if you're new

Ikr, it's like an instagram for potheads, fucking retarded.

Less than 1. You put some weed in a pipe and you smoke it, no scales required.

pussy

2 bowls youll be rekt

please shut up pothead

Smoking anything is bad for you. Weed itself has health benefits. If you want to be healthy about it, turn your supply into edibles

Yes, the longer you hold smoke in your lungs, the more high you will get.

But, it's diminishing returns, so the benefit from going from 7 seconds to 14 seconds will be greater than 14 to 21.

At least hold at 7 seconds.

I will never understand people who hit it and then blow out after 2 seconds. What's even worse is blunt smokers who just hold the blunt and let smoke float away.

Vaporizing also works.

I can spend hours petting a cat when high
I dont know why but it makes me so happy

Why smoke more than necessary?

>wondering if keeping the smoke longer in your lungs has any benefits?
It will allow longer time for your lungs to absorb THC. The only real detriment to health from smoking cannabis is gum disease, which is very common. 90% of people have some sort of deterioration of the ginigva.

Alright, alcoholic. I wish we had some real studies so we could actually know the effects of weed, but since there are so many open-minded people like yourself, we probably won't ever know the truth.

if you suck dicks

Why smoke at all? Why eat chocolate?

Why not go vegan and exercise all day everyday and live to 95 years old?

>Why not go vegan and exercise all day everyday and live to 95 years old?
>vegan diet
you'd be lucky to reach 70

What does Sup Forums think about my plant?

I know what you mean.
The cat was really chill, at one point we started to put socks on it's feet and tail and it didn't care

I'd rather die young than live a boring lifestyle.

Vegans live on average 2 years longer then vegetarians, which live on average 7 years longer than those who eat meat. Just some quick google searches, not sure where you get your bullshit.

Nigga are you retarded?

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Weed is less carcinogenic than tobacco and it does have some health benefits. But it's still burnt plant matter, it's not supposed to go in your lungs.

did you fuck up the light cycle? leaves are looking pretty green.

Same. That's why I don't go around calling people degenerates when they drink alcohol or smoke some weed. Unlike the hypocrites that always show up in these threads.

You're incorrect in saying "the only real detriment to health from smoking cannabis is gun disease...", in anyone under the age of 25 smoking cannabis your left parietal lobe experiences reduced white matter and your right parahippocampal lobe experiences reduced gray matter, as does your frontal lobe. In people above the age of 35 your amydgala/hippocampus are reduced in volume and your corpus callosum has impaired structural integrity. There are quite a few issues related towards your brains functionality. It's overall not the worst thing out there to consume, but that doesn't mean it's good.

>But it's still burnt plant matter, it's not supposed to go in your lungs
Can you link me to a study that supports this claim?

>Vegans live on average 2 years longer then vegetarians, which live on average 7 years longer than those who eat meat. Just some quick google searches, not sure where you get your bullshit."As would be expected, the risk was found to be most pronounced among people who also engaged in other unhealthy activities, including having a history of smoking, drinking heavily or being obese."

seems your control group was a little compromised in this one

Actually fun fact, with the the THC by weight content dramatically increasing 30x over the last 40yrs the carcinogenics of weed has gone up, it's nearly as bad, and in some cases worse then smoking a cigarette, 10-30 times more.

Is vaporizing weed odourless?

Whatever dude, I'll be using my volcano so I don't breathe smoke every day AND so the weed lasts longer.

The only bad thing is it takes 3 minutes to warm up.

So if waiting 3 minutes is gay, you're in for a very gay life.

How has carcinogenics gone up?

Depends, if you're using an element IE: a heating element like a coil then yes, if using hot air IE: the volcano vaporizer then no.

No, but it isn't as strong of a smell as weed smoke.

It probably depends on what temp you're vaping at.

I also read that study, my only problem is that its assumption that less brain size equals a problem. In fact women on average have much smaller brains then their male counterparts and they perform equal and higher.

I'm obviously going to be called a pothead for saying there might be benefits to having a smaller brain, but the truth is there is no real reliable info on smoking weed because it's not even legal to research it.

These studies all come from poorly supported government labs that have huge conflicts of interest. I'll believe it when private companies can do their own research. Or if it comes from the EU

No. It's worse for your body, too

If it actually vaporizes and doesn't burn, it will smell very little, more like burnt popcorn rather than weed.

basically anything longer than 4 seconds is pointless. The thc only takes about that long to absorb. heres some stuff i grabbed the other day

They're not much cleaner, just more comfortable to use. I myself prefer a bong, but don't kid yourself with any bullshit about it being clean.

Kys

>in anyone under the age of 25 smoking cannabis your left parietal lobe experiences reduced white matter and your right parahippocampal lobe experiences reduced gray matter, as does your frontal lobe. In people above the age of 35 your amydgala/hippocampus are reduced in volume and your corpus callosum has impaired structural integrity.
You're simply saying "doing x causes y". y doesn't imply detriment in what you're saying and I doubt you have the ability to expand upon the few copied sentences here.

GTFO:

7 seconds is more appropriate.

3 seconds is not enough.

I just don't understand why people don't get lose leaf vaporizer, saves you so much bud because it takes you .2 to get rocked, healthier for you because its vapor and not smoke, and the high lasts longer and feels cleaner

Inhaling quite a bit of oxygen immediately after inhaling weed smoke(without exhaling the smoke) will get you higher
Exposing more of the cannabinoids to your lungs
Technically, that is holding in smoke, and may also expose more tar in your lungs... but who cares, it reminds cancer cells to kill themselves

Instead of exhaling immediately when you feel the smoke in your lungs.
Don't mix it with tobacco, and don't hang around people who smoke cigarettes

I just ran out of weed and I'm in a new town. Tips on how to find good weed without getting stabbed or set up?

Never said it was cleaner than other methods. I just like how they can get you higher with less weed.

i'mm planning on it eventually. problem is i'd normally rather spend the $100 on weed and use papers or my pipe rather than spending that on an apparatus

Inconsistent hits, battery operated, poor vapor quality. If you have to vaporize to eliminate odors or for preexisting health conditions I understand, but no high compares to ripping a bong. It's like you're cheating yourself to use a toy to get high.

Where did you buy yours? And do you like the one you have? If you don't, then which one would you rather have

I used to hold it for about 3 seconds, then I started holding it for about 10-20 seconds after I noticed my friends had the joint much longer than me and I notice I get much higher.

Vaping is good, but it is still very hot. That is not good for your lungs, especially after "smoking" the substance for years and collecting tar in your lungs.

lmao you are so stereotypically stoner
you are living the life m8
I wish I had the money to buy both pot and food

I thought your answer had some connection to
>more tar
my bad. It's cheaper and it's more pleasant, also, it's a lot easier to determine your dose. Bongs rule until I find a decently priced vaporizer as reliable and simple to use as a bong.

I think you might be special so let me put it in simple terms for you, the reduction of white and gray matter in your brain is the killing of your brain cells. It's a detriment because it inhibits your ability to remember, especially since the hippocampus is directly related to your memory. There's quite a bit mroe on it as well if you'd wish for me to continue.

Each spring I hook this old guy I know up with plants for his garden. The old guy knows a writer that just published a book about weed from all over the world. The old guy gave some of the weed to the writer and he said it was some of the best he ever smoked.

That's my story. I didn't really have anywhere else to share it.

It's not pleasant if you take huge rips tho lol

Do it sooner rather than later, it saves you money long term
you're right about bong hitting harder, honestly can't beat a good snap

This was just our room during vacation.
Even though my room at home doesn't look any better

It's not that having a smaller brain is the issue, it's that YOUR brain is not going to be able to develop fully as you age, you're inhibiting your growth and effectively lessening your ability remember what you've learned and with the hippocampus being stunted, your emotions begin to get fucked as well. I'm also an advocate of weed, I consume cannabis on a nearly daily basis, I just like to learn about what it does to us.

OP I've been smoking a long time I know this.

Pros:
If you hold it longer in your lungs you have more time to absorb the THC

Cons:
If you hold it too long and allow it enough time to break down and settle in your lungs it can hurt and isn't too good for you.

Hold it sure, but if you breathe out and don't see smoke, you held it too long.

Still better than a blunt. I've always liked chasing the borderline harsh hit, and smoking through a decent sized glass bong can make it pretty manageable.

this lmao
vaping is for OP

Weed is shit. MDMA and acid are the shit.

At a store, Currently have PAX1 which you can't buy anymore, would consider PAX2/3 or Davinvi IQ

I think your conclusions are premature, but obviously possible. That, and I don't remember reading anything about the study saying they found evidence of inhibiting brain development, simply that it was literally shrinking, but maybe thats just because of all the weed I smoke.

Fun fact, when acid is consumed a good portion of it is stored in your fat, or fat cells, and it'll sit there for a while util that fat is burned off. Basically in the next 10 years you're gunna be trippin' balls pretty hard one day without using it again and it'll be great.

can't do MDMA or acid daily or even weekly

Why not both?

I'm all for weed and all hallucinogens. MDMA can ruin your shit though for realzies.

Wrong actually thc is absorbed into the lungs within the first few seconds. Holding it in longer doesn't get you any higher. You just being to feel the effects of depriving your brain from oxygen. If you want to get higher get more smoke into your lungs with bigger hits.