This triggers Sup Forums

>Subtle fascist undertones on Hunky Dory
>Bowie is detained in '76, his luggage is filled with Nazi memorabilia
>"b-but user he was just playing a character, t-the quote is irrelevant and only leftists can write good music!!1!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umH2fPYpk_8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5VWvsz3Co
youtube.com/watch?v=kFN_bEgDE0M
youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7DCVURAbw
youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE
youtube.com/watch?v=KJHDDl_bwiA
youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s
philosophyofpop.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/taking-it-all-the-right-way-was-david-bowie-a-fascist-part-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=x_k55hlfcdI
youtube.com/watch?v=exm7FN-t3PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he was just playing a character
No, he was on a fuckton of cocaine.

Quit bringing up politics.
Herbie Time.

youtube.com/watch?v=umH2fPYpk_8

guy was so high he completely forgot the recording process behind Station to Station lol

I see now user! Keep rebelling against the establishment \m/ Make sure to blast pic related, fuck Trump!!!

That album sucks though.

Left wing music can suck (LOTS of edgy rock/punk) just like right wing music can (The Ramones)

But again: I don't care. I could give a shit less about the politics. Discuss the music.

>Listening to Hunky Dory
>When TRAFOZSATSOM exists
lmao you are a pleb.

>SOF
>Not SFM
Neck yourself mane

I appreciate your efforts to keep discussion in a music forum centred around music.

The reality is bowie was deeply into the occult, he recorded a lot of his albums in berlin were he would hang out with ex nazis and occultists and do lots of coke.
There are funny stories like he would collect all his hair and urine because he was scared other occultists would steal it, and one time he got kidnapped by witches, jimmy page used to be his rival in occultism, and one time he tried to do an exorcism on his pool in LA

A lot of people see his music as shallow pop music but its littered with real occultism, and im not talking about some stupid nigger claiming to be a part of the Illuminati, bowie was deeply fascinated by the occult and practiced it.

The word station to station even refers to the kabbalah and the tree of life

>The reality is bowie was deeply into the occult
Bowie's "appetites" had more in common with Hitler than anyone really wants to admit.

Hitler loved him some amphetamines and occult shit just like Bowie did.

>SOF
Forgetting the M I see? You fucked up to you nigger cuck.

Oh thanks. I'm trying.

Derailing doesn't work as good as it use to but fuck it I'm not giving up.

PS: Herbie Hancock single handedly invented Vaporwave.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5VWvsz3Co

A leftist is a materialist by nature, every good occultist is also a fascist, the left destroys tradition, ritual, ceremony.

Near the end of his life bowie claimed to be a gnostic.

Obvious damage control
>implying he wasent on Coke until his dying day
Lmfaoooo

he did eventually start banging black bitches so maybe he did genuinely regret his whole nazi phase

either that or he felt it was his duty to improve the gene pool by getting black bitches WHITED

don't forget he also dicked (or got dicked by) Jagger

he fucked iggy pop too

it's almost like this quote was made around the same time he was busy loading himself with powdered white thunder

but there's no correlation here dw

I'm closer to the Golden Dawn
Immersed in Crowley's uniform
Of imagery
I'm living in a silent film
Portraying Himmler's sacred realm
Of dream reality

I'm the twisted name on Garbo's eyes
Living proof of Churchill's lies
I'm destiny

youtube.com/watch?v=kFN_bEgDE0M

Bowie should have put out a soup line called "Chunky Dory"

>triggers
How? It's based as fuck and only makes me love him more.

He was fucking black chicks in the 70s, before the OP quote.
no proof, just memes by his irrelevant ex wife

>Hunky Dory
youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7DCVURAbw
youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE
Face it even back then it was cool to hate you lefty commie fucks

The return of the Thin White Duke
Throwing darts in lovers' eyes
Here are we, one magical moment, such is the stuff
From where dreams are woven
Bending sound, dredging the ocean, lost in my circle
Here am I, flashing no color
Tall in this room overlooking the ocean
Here are we, one magical movement from Kether to Malkuth
There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station
The return of the Thin White Duke, throwing darts in lovers' eyes
The return of the Thin White Duke, throwing darts in lovers' eyes
The return of the Thin White Duke, making sure white stays

Even more vaporwave'd
youtube.com/watch?v=KJHDDl_bwiA

>At first glance, the Thin White Duke appeared more conventional than Bowie's previously flamboyant glam incarnations. Wearing a simple and impeccably stylish, cabaret-style wardrobe consisting of a white shirt, black trousers, and a waistcoat, the Duke was a hollow man who sang songs of romance with an agonised intensity while feeling nothing, "ice masquerading as fire".[1] The persona has been described as "a mad aristocrat",[1] "an amoral zombie",[2] and "an emotionless Aryan superman".[3] Bowie himself described the character as "A very Aryan, fascist type; a would-be romantic with absolutely no emotion at all but who spouted a lot of neo-romance."[4]

Bowie, only mainstream artist to play around with far right ideas in a world full of faggot liberals

rip in peace

I feel a-tragic
like I'm Marlon Brando
When I look at my china girl
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my China girl

I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
It's in the white of my eyes

My little China girl
You shouldn't mess with me
I'll ruin everything you are
I'll give you television
I'll give you eyes of blue
I'll give you a man who wants to rule the world

Lol i love how lefties are realizing the artists that are top tier are closeted conservatives

When people say Bowie was playing a character they don't mean that it was an act, what they're referring to is the notion that David Bowie exposed himself to and explored many different concepts throughout his life and that he liked to categorise this exploration during different periods as 'characters.'

The Thin White Duke was 'rightist' however David Bowie is not the Thin White Duke and ultimately Bowie supersedes any persona he might temporarily choose to adopt, at the end of the day his music is still created by a leftist, whether that leftist is creating music in a rightist framework at the time is immaterial and irrelevant.

>tfw even this place is now infected with muh politiks
And I thought this board couldn't get worse

Cygnet Committee is the story of Bowie getting redpilled by hippie culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s

>Herbieanon doesn't like the Ramones

You're breaking my heart, man. Plus Johnny was the only real right winger in the band.

You guys really try so hard to make it seemed balanced, as if there are hundreds of great right wing bands and acts out there. Let me tell the 16 yr olds: there aren't. There's maybe a handful, less than 5 good right wing acts. The overwhelming majority of musicians are left wing. To be a musician requires empathy, community spirit etc No amount of Sup Forums hogwash can change that.

“There’s some form of ghost force liberalism permeating the air in America, but it’s got to go, because it’s got no foundation at all,” he says in mid 75, and in the same interview he opines that: “”I think the morals should be straightened up for a start. They’re disgusting.” Total liberalism, in Bowie’s opinion, would only result in precipitating the coming of Fascism, as it lets the base instincts of humankind run loose.

And, even more specifically, Bowie was anxious that this Fascist revolution might come from the rock world itself. In his previous albums, Bowie documented the decaying of the original rock’n’roll spirit and now he was afraid that Fascism would come to offer the excitement that the rock’n’roll kids were still craving for but rock’n’roll could no longer provide. To say it differently, he feared that the narrative of Diamond Dogs might materialize
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let us ask: what was Bowie’s actual political stance at the time? Was he right-wing? Was he even political? Well, Bowie does, several times, express his wish to become the Prime Minister of England, but it is always said ironically, usually to show how ridiculously big his stature has become, or as an example for his inherent drive for power. Once, after he says it, he adds: “I wouldn’t mind being the first English president of the United States either. I’m certainly right-wing enough.”

In another interview, while talking about the staidness rock’n’roll had sunk into, the interviewer hypothesizes that “the only thing left in rock & roll that would really affect people would be a Nazi rock & roll band”; Bowie agrees, and observes: “I think that there are two bands now who come close to a neo-Nazi kind of thing – Roxy Music and Kraftwerk.”

philosophyofpop.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/taking-it-all-the-right-way-was-david-bowie-a-fascist-part-2/

That photo is capturing a wave. The whole incident was captured on video and it's clearly a wave.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_k55hlfcdI

But the absolute best artists are conservative

Basically, bowie hated liberalism and thought hippies were faggots, he agreed with the punks that the hippies were Utopian morons and dawned right wing aesthetics to fight against them

>They’re disgusting.” Total liberalism, in Bowie’s opinion, would only result in precipitating the coming of Fascism, as it lets the base instincts of humankind run loose.
Also this line really gets me, that past somewhat years have been a sjw nightmare that has led up to the election of trump......

Bowie was a fan and read a lot about the weimar republic, the germany that existed before the Nazis

But i like hunkey dor...

Nope

>what is The Who
>what is Elvis Presley
Keep crying though I'm loving every sec

False and who even listens to them? Just give it up

The Bowie thing is absolutely ridiculous, of course he isn't a fascist, he's high on coke and trolling

Lol no they are conservatives pioneers it's ok though lefties were always regressive

There's way more like the beach boys and other great musicians that most of these fags dont deserve to know

They are all artists that haven't been remotely relevant since before you were born. Right wing music still exists and is very popular but mainstream American right culture is explicitly restrictive artistically and it's mostly in things like country music. The right lost the culture war in rock music decades ago and has no real chance of gaining ground in an all black genre like hip hop or a relatively apolitical top-40 pop culture.

Show me the proof

No its because right wing people are uncreative and stupid, eg: all the shitposters desperately trying to propagandise with music but there is none

Right Wing culture is inherently authoritarian and now extremely corporatist. Those two things are generally the antithesis of modern artistic culture. Whether right wingers are bad at art or something is a pointless pissing contest but their very ideology is one that goes against modern arts existance.

>Bowie was afraid of Jimmy Page
Imagine those two manlets trying to fight with their twig physiques and pencil arms

imagine him saying this in the current year.
he would've been nailed to a fucking cross and boycotted.

i hate our generation so much.

Tell that to bad brain

>The Who
>Right Wing
Anti-hippie doesn't mean right wing

"Le hate my generation" meme is actually not even a meme just truth

50 year old boomers try and start boycotts of every single company that shows fags kissing dont act like it's only a triggered SJW thing or something.

Bob Dylan is a Christian who dislikes 60s hippie culture and prefers the simpler 50s. Leftists try to take him as their own anyway, pathetic journalists always try to bait him into supporting this or that trendy liberal cause but he won't let them.

>What's your estimation of President Obama been when you've met him?
"What do I think of him? I like him. But you're asking the wrong person. You know who you should be asking that to? You should be asking his wife what she thinks of him. She's the only one that matters.
Look, I only met him a few times. I mean, what do you want me to say? He loves music. He's personable. He dresses good. What the fuck do you want me to say?"

i love our generations music and general art, except modern or anti-art.

i just have a problem with our fast-food like way of consuming news, ignoring context and omitting facts that go against established narratives.

truth is that this would've caused massive outrage, promoters dropping him from concerts or even his label abandoning him.

look at what happened to pewdiepie, what bowie said is much worse, even if he was coked up.

what? what year is this. gay couples are completely normalised and shown on tv you retard. look at modern family. those triggered boomers don't have any real power unlike leftis controlled media.

He's a Jew who converted to Christianity now that's redpilled

Oh oh Dylan now, fucking Dylan? You guys would say unashamedly Jesus would be right wing

youtube.com/watch?v=exm7FN-t3PY

I agree I love the art today except with films films today push a very obvious agenda it's unwatchable at least most movies and the people in college are mind blowingly dumb it's spooky how dumb some people are

Youre saying you hate your generation for boycotting media they don't like but you're too dumb or too young to realize that it isn't a generational thing you're just mad at people who do it to things you like or support.

Yeah the difference was back then it was old people boycotting like middle aged people hating on perversity now it's 20 somthing year olds thinking they're doing satans bidding by boycotting Elon musks energy powered vehicles

ahm i wouldn't boycott modern art, even if i hate it, unless it's something like that crazy swiss chick that wanted to get fingered on the streets as part of an ''''art'''' performance. Censoring art is wrong.

i'm against calling everyone a nazi (and boycotting people) just because someone made some edgy joke or edgy statement while being in a psychotic state.

Preach

Like that quote is somehow a refutation of all his anti-war, civil rights and protest songs? You can't fool people with stupid shit

The American political landscape has become so hyper capitalist that the only way to actually have your voice heard is to use money. That goes the inverse too. If you arent ok with people boycotting entertainers/politicians/companies with their money because they don't agree with it thats probably too bad because the entire culture is now based around purchasing power. Once again, you have no issue with capitalism at all, you just have an issue with the fact that it's happening to people that fall on your side of the debate.

Stay in denial commie

>Do you still hope for peace?
There is not going to be any peace.
>You don't think it's worth working for?
No. It's just gonna be a false peace. You can reload your rifle, and that moment you're reloading it, that's peace. It may last for a few years.
>Isn't it worth fighting for that?
Nah, none of that matters. I heard somebody on the radio talkin' about what's happenin' in Haiti, you know? "We must be concerned about what's happening in Haiti. We're global people now." And they're gettin' everybody in that frame of mind — like, we're not just the United States anymore, we're global. We're thinkin' in terms of the whole world because communications come right into your house. Well, that's what the Book of Revelation is all about. And you can just about know that anybody who comes out for peace is not for peace.

Oh look another communist or some variation of that

So what, anyone could say that, its got nothing to do with Bob Dylan not being a conservative moron like yourself

> boycotting politicians

that's corruption my friend. the clinton clan jetted all the journalists working for major networks around in private flights and they always favored her . even by your twisted logic, capitalism has nothing to do with it, since trump is worth more than them.

fuck off commie scum.

I bet you lost respect for Kanye lol

Are you crying?

India has no currency and China is working toward that you should move there your commie pinko utopia awaits!
"Not real communism"

I'm laughing at you, thanks for the entertainment

Bob Dylan or Donald Trump?

"Somebody's gonna have to come along and figure out what's happening with the United States. Is this just an island that's going to be blown out of the ocean, or does it really figure into things? I really don't know. At this point right now, it seems that it figures into things. But later on, it will have to be a country that's self-sufficient, that can make it by itself without that many imports.

Right now, it seems like in the States, and most other countries, too, there's a big push on to make a big global country — one big country — where you can get all the materials from one place and assemble them someplace else and sell 'em in another place, and the whole world is just all one, controlled by the same people, you know? And if it's not there already, that's the point it's tryin' to get to."

>private citizens refusing to give money to politicians or companies that support politicians they disagree with is corruption
Are you retarded or just pretending

Of course you are youre a pinko you laugh at everything you're delirious

Not everything, just you, right now, the gift that keeps giving

So you confirm you're a pink lmaoooo I thought you weren't and just baiting lol oh shit did you vote for Bernie or is he the "bourgeois" lmao

Wow you're really losing it

stop deflecting with irrelevant bullshit.

fact is that the media is extremely biased and fascist. everything that goes against their narrative gets shut down/boycotted. if it was agressively promoting right wing ideals, like in russia (anti-gay propaganda) i'd be as outraged.

Lol Donald trump is actually Mozart fun fact

Im not you in 89 lmfao

>understanding how capitalism works makes me a maoist or something
Communism will never work that doesn't make the current system that kind of does perfect.

10 bucks you're unemployed or stupid either way I'm right.

No youre implicitly arguing things that have nothing to do with what I said. The Clinton's are abmyssaly corrupt and everyone not on their payroll will gladly admit this. I dont know what your point is.

What current system what region do you even live in

What are you, a hundred? Who uses the term pinko in the last half century? Remember when you tried to frame Bob Dylan as a conservative or have you forgotten that already with all your dementia

Lol 1-20 how mad r you?

That was me and Bob was far from anything liberal listen to John Wesley Harding it's ok now deep breathes kiddy

Nice.But now the bigger question will lefties commit mass suicide in protest

Mozart is dead we can stop with this retarded old meme.

He never had sex with a man this is confirmed you pleb