Why is this so overrated?

Because it's Radiohead.

It's not.

babby's first shoegaze

Everyone iin this thread is wrong except for this guy

cause it aint, it's the best album of all time

Because its good

Idk, its the second worst Radiohead album

it's their most accessible, not their best, but it's the radiohead i'l go back to the most, weird fishes might be my favourite song of all fucking time, videotape got me good when i first heard it, course shit's overrated when it's an 11

Oh, this thread again

it's their best album (except maybe) because it's not pretentious like OK Computer or experimental crap like amnesiac/HTTT

*except maybe Kid A

*except maybe TKOL
Fixed that up for you in case somebody calls you a pleb

radiohead is boring pop for kids lmao nothing they have ever done ever is even remotely experiemental

laughed so hard i peed in my pants a bit

Bad taste

>i dont know what shoegaze is

Objectivity :)

2nd wave of radiohead fans who came on after okc and kid a didn't feel like those albums belonged to them/their generation so they latched on to this one when it was better than httt

Imo Radiohead's best

overall is just a solid album, slightly experimental but with very organic instrumentation so it's more accesible than HTTT, Kid A or Amnesiac.

Probably a lot to do with how it was initially distributed but musically it's effectively Amnesiac refined into a perfect pop format with the political neuroticism traded out for existential dread. It's as accessible as The Bends while maintaining the quirks of Kid A and Amnesiac. Having said all that, it's far from my personal favorite.

This is objective in all honesty