Is PC Music still relevant?

is PC Music still relevant?

> inb4 it never was

if not what else is relevant as per "the future of pop music"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

It's not I guess, Hannah is still great through. Waiting for her new album.

I think EDM is slowly dying, that article was right, the chainsmokers are nickleback of EDM.....
The DJ's are also becoming unaffordable for clubs to hire.

Pop music will be the same generic garbage its always been
It wont take any risks lest it lose precious teenage retard money

Pop music seems pretty stagnant though, after 8 years of meme rap, edm, and poptamism.

I want like some metal to come barreling down upon all the pop faggots and ruin everyone who cant adapt and laughed about rock being dead.

but thats just a wet dream

>metal
That's an even bigger unimaginative wankfest than pop.

Pop music is too scared to absorb metal because metal is an off putting,scary and loud for normies.

But doing something like fusing death metal with pop might lead to weird new musical places.

But as i said, pop music is going to stay the same generic shit its always been, its a product meant to extract wealth from normies and get radio plays

>metal is an off putting,scary and loud for normies
Metal is a caricature, even glam rock was less image obsessed and saw its front men sport less makeup. It already became pop as in popular music with the 80s and the advent of hair metal, then it simply ran its course and fell out of favour in lieu of different sounds.

there are different types of metal you plebe.

I want to wake up in a world were the top 40 is filled with death growls.

That would be funny

Aren't they producing half of Charlie XCX's new album? At least Sophie and AG Cook are involved for sure.

>the chainsmokers are nickleback of EDM
lmfao very true, the soul of the entire edm scene died when selfie came out

Hannah Diamond's music is more pop though

> implying that that was any "soul" to the EDM scene

i predict that punk will become popular, or at least "guitar music" generally.

are you fucking kidding me
guitar music never went away
AM has single out right now with 400m plays on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM

punk music will never become popular because 99.9% of the bands SUCK ASS and have zero personality besides being off-brands of Kurt Cobain or Henry rollins
it isn't about the music and it never was in popular music. its about the attitude of the band and how big corporations can market them
if you wanna crossover you need role model appeal and "punk" music doesn't have it atm

Rock music was usurped by EDM, as the new prole feed.
There have been countless articles asking "is le rock dead" for the past 8 years.
There are still rock bands but it isnt a cultural force, and pop music has obliterated any and all guitar music to promote edm, niggers, and pop.
The obama years were really tough on rock music.

Maybe it might come back, 21 pilots, the 1975, these faggots op posted.

Maybe

m8 idk what you are smoking
but Taylor swift is all about her guitarssss
21 pilots isn't rock music they are drums + vocals

>>Maybe it might come back, 21 pilots, the 1975, these faggots op posted.

Shit, maybe it should stay dead.

taylor swift started out as country music and then transitioned into pop music, she is irrelevant to anyone who actually likes rock

21 pilots does use guitar sometimes.

They are like a mix of nu metal with pop punk, so its extra faggy

if you wanna use that logic of "guitars"
ed sheeran is the king of rock music then.
all he does is use guitars

Charli XCX's label is killing it because A.G. Cook now spends all his time dealing with her label instead of working on new music

i think you are twisting shit up, im talking about rock music, you are talking about guitars.

Im saying that rock was hit hard into irrlvancy the past somewhat years but maybe it might come back since edm is normalized and boring now.

bruh punk, garage punk, surf punk fuckin all types of manic garage rock are at the top of their game right now

all kids that grew up listening to the strokes and blink 182 formed punk bands.

the underground for garage rock has never been bigger

>Blink 182
>The Strokes
In other words Punk sucks now.

>21 pilots
>there's not 21 of them
>they're not actually pilots

Except pop has been using the same 3 song structures since 1910

i'm in love with Hannah Diamond, her voice and accent and lyrics are so cute, I love her. I know i will never meet her let alone date her. Maybe she doesn't write her own songs, maybe her voice is just autotune, maybe she is just another industry plant and her personality is all fake.

She's probably tucked inside her little bed right now sleeping and dreaming about something, she will never know I exist or that i'm in love with her. She will find a husband in a few years and she will have kids with him, while i will stay lonely.

I can listen to her music all i want, I will never be the person she talks about.

Does anyone else experience similar things when they like the music of a female artist?

everytime a female makes music that i like i fall in love her, I become obsessed with. I stalk her on Twitter and Instagramm, checking everyday that they haven't done anything that could possibly anger me.

>The Strokes
>Blink 182
>Punk

One band are the godfathers of bland Indie, the other is shitty skater dude rock.

There's still the occasional alternative/rock band that does well, such as Royal Blood, Alt-J and Imagine Dragons. However, legendary rock bands are always synonymous with a particular scene, whether they're spearheading it or simply part of it. Punk, grunge, Britpop, that early 2000s Indie scene with The Strokes, Libertines, et al.

What the normie kids are excited by now is dance and hip hop. And who can blame them? Those artists are producing fresh stuff, most rock bands just try to copy Vampire Weekend and Foals these days.

QT is not relevant. Sophie still is.