Rap/Hip Hop

Jay Z is one of the greatest rappers of all time, if you have any issue with him come into this thread and post your complaints/hate so I can explain why you're wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU
youtu.be/lYAwFk6p_0s
youtube.com/watch?v=KOiIgWH-QZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't get past the money obsession, he's good, just not great.

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Jay z is like 80 years old and only relevant still because he is fucking beyonce, who shouldn't be relevant herself but the media pushed her ultra hard, and really she should be in las vegas signing with britney spears or some shit

he ugly

He let Obama suck him off

You could say the same shit about Drake and it would still be bullshit. Great legacy but not a great rapper since he's a sell out. Biggie was better with 2 albums.

what is the difference between hip hop and rap?

Hip hop is the music style, rap is the vocal style. You can rap over classical; you can have hip hop instrumentals.

danke

what year do you think this pic is from

Back in the days: Decent to great rapper, albums aren't as good as what should be expected from a goat
Already knees deep in snakery and money, corrupting his artistic integrity, what little he had: he's pretty much a street educated "real" brand of rapper, who isn't that much of a creative person. He's good with words and delivering them which is the extent of his greatness. He got carried by a lot of his top tier producers, good on him for surrounding himself with talented beatmakers and musicians.

Nowadays: Corny rapper that's too old. Either raps about some swag shit he shouldn't, or rap about art he doesn't get and just meme it for the intelectual value. Picasso baby has to be his defining song in that category, the song is so far away from its title and concept it just sucks, it's just swag rap replacing the brands with contemporary and modern artists.

Some good albums, major actor in shaping up the business hip hop is with his peers back then, definitely not a goat

Damn people actually responded.
>Money obsession
Don't know what you mean by this, but even if it exists it has absolutely no bearing on his lyrical ability, in fact his monetary/business's success probably leads to more people underrating his rapping/poetic skill or never giving him a real chance.
Not really.
>Drug dealer from the projects/gangster rapper involved in many compromising thing to the Oval Office
How is that not a come up?
In fact, he said the Oval Office was the next step on The Grammy Family Freestyle, an lo and behold it came true just a year or two later.
>Sell Out
Jay's been consistent in his goals/message since day one on his first project, and I'm no Drake hater, but don't compare him to Jay.
Also, Jay is better than Biggie by each literary and each technical measurement of rapping.
It just so happens that Biggies shadow is too large as the result of his death/legend for Jay to fully come out from under as people won't let him, since it doesn't fit into the narrative.
Their friendship will always cost him in that regard.

Jay-Z has the absolute worst flow out of any rapper I've ever heard. He sounds out of breath 99% of the time.

He's gone full ((())). Represents greed and degeneracy.

he probably would be one of the GOATS if this never happened
youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU

Sean Carter is a snake in the grass and an enemy of HipHop.

>Decent to great rapper, albums aren't as good as what should be expected from a goat

Can't argue against your perspective since you laid out no specifics, but obviously I disagree and think his resume and acclaim from his peers (such as Lupe Fiasco, GZA, Rakim etc etc) speaks for itself.

>Already knees deep in snakery and money, corrupting his artistic integrity, what little he had

I'm not perfectly clear on what you mean by this.
Do you mean that he earned a lot of money after his album debut, or that the fact that he had money prior to rapping compromises his lyrical ability somehow?

And are you saying this as if he hadn't been turned down by literally every label for years, managed to get on Priority with Dame, saw that the services they were providing were useless/bad decisions that wasted his time, and then opted to leave and make his own label instead?
And what the hell does alleged (and false) snakery have to do with artistic ability?
Unless you're thieving from people, character is irrelevant.

>production

Not Jay's fault he could afford the best beats and wasn't a bad beat picker (most of the time) like other artists, most of the greatest rappers of all time have access to quality production.

>Corny

Most of his painting references aside from a few moments are corny (though he's been referring paintings since RD, just less), but the majority of the content on his latest album as conscious or relating to his personal life.

>Definitely not a GOAT
Absurd thing to say.

His music doesn't preach greed it preaches self-confidence/love and hard work, regardless of what avenue in life that is.

How?
He's been an ally/mentor for artists from Lupe Fiasco to Frank Ocean and has supported some of the best producers.

This doof hasn't figured out jay works for the jews.

Considering he was brought up by the Nubian Nation; it's one of the biggest sellouts of all time.

Dr Dre > Jay-Z

he's great
NOT one of the greatest rappers of all time, i could name a hundred better rappers lmao

Gay Z can never be the greatest.

1. Eminem
2. Hopsin
3. Tyler Joseph
4. Tech N9ne
5. Macklemore
6. Childish Gambino
7. G-Eazy
8. Lupe Fiasco
9. J. Cole
10. XXXTENTACION
1000. Future
90059. Jay Rock
1000000. Kanye West
1334897528. Donald Drumpf
783675241891878219301367. Jay Z (aka Gay Z)

>Jews
Should disregard the rest of your post, but if Jay's a sell out for "working for the jews" then so is every other NY rapper from that period as they were all influenced by the 5percenters (not brought up, influenced).
And it's not as though Jay has disregarded or tried to hide it's influence on him throughout his career, you can even see its influence on his latest project and he still has a 5percenter chain, though he hasn't been a believer in that philosophy for over two decades.

Bah

Jay doesn't just work for the Jews like he signed with lyor cohen or something.

He's (and his 'wife') are literally agents.

He's become a blight on the black community.

What hotep site did you come from?

>He's (and his 'wife') are literally agents.
Care to provide any evidence for that? Oh wait you can't because it's not true.

Kek. He's been exposed by his peers many times.

Jay -Z is a fraud and a snake and a criminal.

OKAY GUYS HERE'S WHY JAY Z IS BAD.
>fucks Beyonce who was pushed by media
>sell out
AS YOU CAN SEE JAY Z IS A TERRIBLE RAPPER AND WE SHOULD FEEL BITTER EMOTIONS AT SOMEONE WE DON'T AND WILL NEVER KNOW.

Care to provide examples?

Source.

Criminal?
Yes.
Fraud and Snake?
No, especially the snake part, rabid myth.

If he posts examples of Jay allegedly being a snake I'll be posting why it's false right after.

Kek the man literally shilled onstage for (((Hillary))) the night before the election.

The Hip-Hop community really needs to kill off the old heads. Any fan who puts "integrity" and "authenticity" over everything else is stupid as fuck. It's why you have so many Hopsin fans. It's why people could only diss Drake over the years by saying "kek he didn't really start from the bottom!!!!"

I'm not a big Jay fan, but every comment regarding him in this thread has been directed towards his money, his wife, or his "criminality"

Like, shut the fuck up holy shit.

You got to be careful what you say about Jay. He's got shooters and will send them at your head.

Do as thou wilt and that whole scene.

Lol okay time not go to bed pal.
>guy disagrees with me; FRAUD AND SNAKE AND CRIMINAL!!!! HILLARY 4 PRISON!!!
I seriously feel like you're just an automated campaigner at this point.

Sorry if you find reality disturbing.

This is just some random letter. Why the fuck should I take someone who spells Jay Z as "J.Z." seriously?

Also:

>Prodigy
lol he's a fucking conspiracy nut

>Dr. York
literally who?

>Afrika Bambaataa
didn't he get kicked out of the zulu nation for molesting a bunch of kids?

Prodigy wrote the letter.

Not knowing who Dr. Malachi York is while posting like you're some sort of authority. Kek.

And Afrika Bambatta is the absolute truth.

Dr.York and African Bambatta are both child rapists.

Good reply. Go back to your further shrinking "reality" and I'll stay here with the rest of humanity.

Enemies of the jews accused of sexual misdeeds.

How novel.

Real rappers (Lauryn Hill, Mos Def, Kanye, Pimp C etc.) get run out of the industry and worse.

Yet Jay-Z and his 'wife' endlessly prosper.

Really makes you think.

He's not terrible

But Eminem is still better even if you can't bring yourself to admit it

>He's become a blight on the black community.

He's been one for a long time. Watched a bit of State Property 2 because it was on tv the other day. What the fuck was that? It was like a recruiting film for violent drug crime. Jay-Z has a lot to answer for.

...or they're just pedophiles. Stop trying to blame the Jews for everything.

I wish jay z got shot 9 times instead of big L

Whatever you say Schlomo. They got the Milo treatment.

gaylosercore

Big L stans continue to be woat.

youtu.be/lYAwFk6p_0s

XD

>DMX says something so it must be true.
>As if Jay ever had real control over DMX's career

Maybe DMX is just a severely emotionally damaged deadbeat dad drug addict?

Also DMX's ex-gf (or was it wife) wrote about how Jay took her aside at a club and told her he'd never respond to DMX's shots because he's fighting his own demons.

Also not to mention they're friends again and Jay will either feature on DMX's next album or vice versa.

DMX also harrased and slandered by the Jews. He's not crazy. Nor was Dave Chapelle. Nor was Katt Williams.

DMX had some very kind words for Kanye after the ugh 'dehydration'.

Kanye said as much ON STAGE.

But I guess he's crazy too.

Anyways I'm going to sleep, but in case anyone brings up some bullshit about him snaking his partners/friends:
False.
Pre rap Friends who are also business partners/employees of him or just still friends off the top of my head, including producers and artists he uses who:
Ty ty, Emory, og juan, Lenny s, Chaka pilgrim, Memphis bleek, brown, Hip Hop, B-High, Sauce Money, DJ Premier, steve stoute DJ Clark Kent (the guy who convinced Jay to stop dealing), Swizz, ski, Kane, all of State Property except for Oschino Sparks and Peedi (who blames himself for failing and says Jay treated him well, google the story behind Peedi blowing his album budget), plenty of other artists, family and friends he's opened up business like this chicken spot for, all the young artists he's mentored, Biggs the third roc founder, other priority officials, Big L before he was killed (Jay was gonna sign him for Ls skill and I'm return for the help L have him), and so much more I can't list.

This is all literally blown out of his conflict with Dame, Dehaven (as if people don't realize Jay's still friends with Emory who dehaven introduced Jay to back in the 80s), and Jaz (and people seem to forget Jay gave Jaz credit for helping him for years in his music, even up until the blueprint, had him produce on his first two albums and on another song, gave him a verse for his group in 2000, and put him nigga what on vol.2.

Surely you jest ? I can understand a lot of complaints about Jay-Z but dude has one of the best flow of the game. It's smooth and always manage to sound effortless.

Don't diss Brit by associating her with Beyonce please.

False.
Jay actually joined the Illuminati by killing Big L, who was about to warn people about 9/11. In fact, Jay was actually recruited by A$AP Rocky and Joey Bada$$, who were behind the deaths of 2Pac and Capital STEEZ, and, by proxy, Biggie.

Does he write his own shit?
If he was put into a room alone, could he make a without a team of writers?
No.

So his level of achievement isn't possible without a handicap, therefore Jay-Z != great.
Until he can actually produce shit that is his own work in its entirety.

until then the TEAM of jay-z and his writers could be considered one of the greatest groups of all time

I love MOST of Jay Z's work.
Most of it.

Except for pic related. This is an abomination of god.

shit voice

shit flow

one of the most if not THE most overrated rappers of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=KOiIgWH-QZQ