Wtf is with people saying this album sounds like their old stuff?

wtf is with people saying this album sounds like their old stuff?
This just sounds like rehashed, modern Metallica trying too hard to be edgy and relevant.
I don't care if you like the album or not, but don't praise it in comparison to their classic sound and attitude. This is total Meh-tier.

>implying we give a fuck about your opinion

I've don't care for anything past Ride The Lightning much.

MoP and AJFA has some decent tracks, but that's it.

Black Album is mainstream garbage.

stupid fanboy detected.

It's music, just enjoy it or don't.

The album cover is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while, and that's saying something considering this is Sup Forums.

I don't even like Metallica you dumbfuck

>Black Album is mainstream garbage.

fuck yourself, people have the right to adress opinions on stuff, are you fucking retarded?

OH hey look, it's the classic "METALLICA IS SHIT BECAUSE THEY DON'T SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY DID IN THE 80'S" meme.

nicely memed bro

it´fucking hard to be fresh when you try to play Thrash, even more if you always been terrible playing thrash.
i find them very repetitive (like almost anything in that genre) 2 minutes intros, mediocre drummer, old voice, it´s crap

all thrash sounds the same

metallica has always had terrible lyrics

i'm gonna go get drunk then listen to the record later, pretty stoked

Its fucking awful.

They are old and don't have skill to make up for lack of creativity anymore.

It sounds exactly how old they are, which is a really bad thing.

They should have stopped at Death Magnetic definitely. Can't believe I waited 8 years for this crap.

Half the songs on their are worthless and the rest were designed to be more appealing to the masses.

How could you compare the songs on there to works like Metal Militia, Creeping Death, Fade To Black, Seek And Destroy, Fight Fire With Fire, or even Orion, or ...And Justice For all?

There is absolutely no comparison.

Old thrash is nothing like new thrash that just talks about being a drunk, drugged up reckless moron.

It is a rehash and falls short to a lot of metallica but I'll take it over lulu any day of the week

I agree with you, they are recycling some old riffs for sure, but its still far from their old sound.

>implying metallica were ever above-average skilled musicians
>implying being old somehow diminishes musical talent
>implying metallica hasn't always been shitty thrash
>implying rose-tinted goggles and hype aren't the only things that make older metallica songs good
>implying it wouldn't sell millions of copies if the disc was made of literal fecal matter

Why are you in this thread if you're just gonna bitch?

Cry yourself to sleep tonight.

Agreed. I'm, yeah "one of those first four only" fans. This is so obvious of, "Let's show the millenials what we were like in our prime." A band should "go out" on top, or rock until they die, or like AC/DC. Talicca may have missed the boat on this.

yay im not the only one with this opinion

They should have, and could have all retired, and done "other shit" after the black album.

He's right I was a Metallica fanboy when I was in middle school, but someone gave me the talk and showed me there was a lot more better metal out there.

Sure some of their old stuff is good, but most of their material shows them as a shitty mainstream band.

>there was a lot more better metal out there.
>Implying metal isn't just edgy pop 99.99% of the time

Oh yeah I bet you listen exclusively to all the 'real metal'

Face it faggot theres about 6 good metal bands in the whole world and the rest are just carbon copy faggots.

I only heard the first single and it was pretty forgettable.

just swinging by to post Metallica's best allbum

You kids are funny!

This is what the mainstream Metallica fanboys say.

Say it with me :

I'm a mainstream Metallica fanboy.

The only other bands I've heard in metal are cannibal corpse, slipknot, megadeth, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, and slayer.

Right?

>enjoy it or don't.
>Somehow gets triggered, Kek

slipknot isn't metal
the other five have some good albums

Agreed

Slipknot is nu-metal, heavy metal, and alternative metal.

While it isn't death metal, black metal, doom metal, or thrash metal, it is still metal.

I bet you laugh at Slipknot and think they're bad but think Dimmu is a cool band, when they're black metal for 12 year olds.

I have no idea what half of those are, I listen to mainly Blues & Rock you flimsy shitbreath.

The only acceptable 6 metal bands are as follows in no particular order

>Metallica
>Judas Priest
>Iron Maiden
>Black Sabbath
>Slayer
>Anthrax

The rest are literally scum tier.

Everything pre-Death Cult Armageddon is solid black meta

Nu-metal is alt-metal with a turntable and alt-metal is metal in name only

low quality bait

You really think im baiting?

Dude, Metal is a terrible genre for the most part.

Literally pop tier.

>Listened to album
>Liked 4 songs because im not a picky nigger
>Listen to those songs primarily
>Didnt get salty because they still made new shit

Shit tier at most.

You bite the b8 the b8 bites back my man

as in the bands you listed are bottom tier

I didn't say they were shit because they don't sound like their classic selves, I said the people who say this album sounds like their old stuff are shit.

90% of this shit sounds like something a 17 year old made in his bedroom with pro tools and budget instruments.

It's completely clear that they're just making music that allows them to keep up with the long and heavy shows of years passed. Only this time, none of it has the punch. It's just mediocre radio-rock.

I never understood the Metallica obsession.

I've been into metal for the last 12 years (actively follow bands, go to shows, tearing shit up in the pit, etc. etc.)

Their old albums are pretty good, and Hardwired is easily the best thing they've released in a long fucking time.

That being said, why does everyone have such a big dick over them? There are far better bands out there, many of which sound similar. Why is Metallica the only metal band acceptable for normee radio?

Also,
>tfw Liquid Metal (metal radio station in NA) has exclusively played Metallica for the last 3 days.

They're the fucking Simpsons of metal.

>I've been into metal for the last 12 years (actively follow bands, go to shows, tearing shit up in the pit, etc. etc.)

this is now a YLYL thread

>They're the fucking Simpsons of metal.
LOL. True story!