youtube.com/watch?v=lDX3dEzXz20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if someone only listens to Sup Forumscore, i'm really sorry for him

>animal collective
>grimes
>talking heads
>beach boys
>most rap

Happy music tends to have less emotional depth and complexity then sad or at least bittersweet music. That's sadly just the way it is, since a lot of talented people are also depressed.

absolutely not

Pet Sounds is really sad

why would someone actively pursue an interest if he's happy

Animal collective arent that happy 2bh

This board attracts a lot of people generally not happy with themselves and have low self esteem and hate themselves at least a little

Then name some purely happy albums that are on par with stuff like Loveless and Kid A and the Lonesome Crowded West

Since I Left You is the only purely happy album in the Sup Forumscore, I think.

qt3.14

That's the best description of this website I've ever read honestly. Not everyone here is a Sup Forumstard mega autist bully, but you do need to be at least a little fucked up to use Sup Forums .

Because we're a lot more prone to suffer in life than succeed.
And depressing music is prone to being more powerful than happy music.

yes please try and argue us out of listening to sad music. we're not depressed and stubborn or anything

>it's hard to make an accurate generalization
>everyone on Sup Forums seems to be looking for distractions
nice contradiction there dumb bitch

Because the people who come here are like 99% boring white people

really? what's fucked up about being on Sup Forums? I mostly listen to swans, does that make me weird?

>I mostly listen to swans, does that make me weird?
Yes. It also makes you a degenerate because you support a rapist.

okay listen here you twerp. I dont care what gira did. He could sabotage the space program for all I care. I enjoy the music he makes, I don't care about his personal issues. You might be an autist if you cant separate an artist's life from his work.

That's kinda accurate

lol I'm just baiting t b h, listen to whoever you want. To the average normie you'd probably still be considered weird for listening to Swans though.

Gira def got Kobe'd, but the dude definitely looks like a straight up sociopath. His eyes are dead.

really? im not from the US, but I always felt Swans were pretty popular in the underground circle, and relatively known in the mainstream media

I'm not going to perpetuate this myth that gira is an incredibly hard dude who would snap your neck in a second if you looked at him wrong but he probably has seen some stuff in his life

Known in the mainstream media? Not at all, just in music circles.

Funk is my favourite genre though

there's the ongoing belief in aesthetics with some historical precedence (if not discussion) that not-happiness begets profundity

imagine whether most Greek or any ancient legends would endure were they not tragic

their last few albums are
it's also not their only album

>when an actual autist is able to redpilll Sup Forums

Not really, if anything its bittersweet

>a lot of people are prejudiced
>tfw the most racist people on Sup Forums are actually Asian and Black as proven by HWNDU
What the left doesn't realize is that Sup Forums is the multiculti paradise they desire

cuz people think that faking depression and anxiety xD is cool

have you ever watched any interviews/docs with him just hanging out? he seems like a pretty nice polite guy who just takes his art very seriously

>Happy music tends to have less emotional depth and complexity then sad or at least bittersweet music.
this
>That's sadly just the way it is, since a lot of talented people are also depressed.
no i think it's more like , it seems to empathize with us more if that makes sense.

why would i take any time out of my day to listen to someone whose life is perfect / has a lot of hope?

>He could sabotage the space program for all I care

16 years old and you're already goofy as fuck

numale cuckery combined with numale misery

>okay listen here you twerp

the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.

>sufjan Stevens

it's nowhere near Loveless artistically

pic

Because the saddest things are the most beautiful

Because birds of feather stick together. Since this board is mostly socially in-adept out casts that seem to thrive on their "weirdness" then they tend to listen to music that would legitimize that state of being and seem to feel it is better because "it speaks to them". NMH and Radiohead are 2 very glaring examples.

I like fun music

Music that doesn't have much deeper meaning where they only thing that matters is a generally happy vibe

Like this
soundcloud.com/ericnorth/saudibands-feat-syringe-prod-cashmoneyap

Like every internet community, the loudest and post prominent posters are here 24/7, never leave their homes and take issue with people who do leave their homes and have fun. Therefore, things that are critically acclaimed but not well know are called the best and everything else is called 'normie shit'.

>implying loveless or shoegaze in general is depressing
Sick of this meme 2bh

Cringe

Can you break this down a bit more

idk man Loveless is pretty happy compared to the rest of Sup Forumscore

Top cringe

Probably, but I'm not arsed.

There are good fun albums though. I hoped the FISHMANS buzz would get some of their other stuff talked about more since it's happy, Summer music but that didn't really happen.

There is also the whole 'the best creatives see the world and notice the negatives above the positives and choose to highlight that' thing. Even in film there's guys like Hirokazu Koreeda who makes feel good films about the Japanese family unit, but they're still full of tragedies and shit.

Here's a fun song/music video:
youtube.com/watch?v=lDX3dEzXz20

>listening to anything BUT happy music

youre a fucking retard if you think this is a contradiction

because Sup Forums is a shithole

all true

>centipede hz
>their most aggressive, lyrics of frustration, clusterfuck album
>happy

Except that's it's also usually male-centric sad songs. It isn't shit like Noname, it's shit like MBV.

God dammit, since when did Sup Forums start becoming so anti-autistic? Fuck off you degenerates. A lot of us are on the spectrum, we don't give a shit about going outside and about having fun. For us fun is our own personal fascinations. Music and creativity are common interests for those on the spectrum. Again, you can fuck off with your "fun". Everything that you think is fun is devoid of substance and honesty.

I'll have you know that there are fun albums that are praised by Sup Forums. Remain in Light, Since I Left You, Screamadelica, The Money Store, Doolittle. Those are some off the top of my head. I swear neo-Sup Forums is total shit. Let us be with our autistic tastes.