That was an exhausting abrasive experience

That was an exhausting abrasive experience

for a pleb maybe

To Be Kind is the Kid A of post-rock

Discuss.

I don't agree

Why not? Both are fairly accessible for their genres, while not being TOO accessible. Both are filled with back to back bangerinos. Both are generally considered 10/10s. Both are sorta iconic in music.

I don't really get the praise for this album. I loved The Seer and The Glowing Man but To Be Kind is so scattershot for me. Some songs like Kirsten Supine or Oxygen are fantastic but others like Just A Little Boy or She Loves Us leave me cold. It's weird.

I dunno, it was just good for me. It was always engaging.

I listened to a number of early Swans albums like Filth and I listened to Soundtracks but this is the first Swans album to get me

why not

the real experience is A Piece of the Sky

Yeah, I actually like most Swans albums more than TBK. Can't put my finger on it but it's just not a favorite of mine.

To Be Kind is the entry drug to Swans.
You'll be listening to Cop in no time.

>he doesn't like She Loves Us

Is there a Swans album flowchart? Listened to SFTB recently and liked it, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'd say go chronological, but here's a guide

swans are very unpredictable.
i'd say maybe the seer or white light from the mouth of infinity but who the fuck knows

nice

Go back one album to The Great Annihilator as that album feels like a loose sampler of the band's career as a whole, even foreshadowing SFTB's post-rock direction with songs like Warm and Telepathy. If you like the softer stuff like Blood Promise or Killing For Company, check out White Light and Love of Life, maybe even The Burning World if you're really digging it (though at that point you're better off checking out Angels of Light instead). If you like the harsher instrumentation like on Alcohol The Seed or Mind/Body/Light/Sound, check out their first 4 albums but know that they get harsher still from those tracks. If you like the generally balanced nature of the album, check out Children of God. If you're not really feeling any of it compared to STFB, give post-revival Swans a go.

that's not The Seer

Overrated as hell? Absolutely

>not Laughing Stock

Oh god, Swans fags are so embarrassing

>Implying Laughing Stock is exhausting or abrasive

no actually he was implying laughing stock was the kid a of post rock...

but lets be honest, anything that's the something of the something isn't really the anything of the anything.

No, but is Kid A exhausting and abrasive?

No

Also
is philosophically correct

I've been a fan of Swans before their 2010 comeback. I was more into the folky and post-punk side of them. I also loved albums from the Angels of Light.

I really enjoyed My Father Will Guide... but was completely lost when the seer came out. Then it went worse with TBK. Never listened to the Glowing Man.

I may give them a chance back in the future but for now, I just don't get it, it's really different than what they were doing in the 80s and 90s.

Nobody may care but just wanted to share that here.

I think that Just A Little Boy is one of the best tracks on the album. It's really only behind BTS/TL

She loves us is the best track on the album big boi

Glowing Man is actually the least abrasive of the lot. Think the last 2 albums but with more of a trancelike, zen vibe about them. I'd look into it if you didn't care for the last 2.

That's the Swans album you attribute those descriptors to?

Why should I bother listening to any music other than Helpless Child, Animus, and The Sound?

Because Swans' true endgame is The Apostate.

I heard that for the first time yesterday, to tell you the truth. I haven't listened to it enough times to be able to judge it.

Because Blood Promise exists (Swans Are Dead)

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Top quality Gira pic

>Laughing Stock
Literally who?

Besides, it was just a semi-joke post. No need for the insults.

This
And Killing For Company if you believe in Eternal Reccurence

"no"

Everything interesting swans do in their revival was done MUCH better before, fuck that overly long drivel