/vinyl/ general

what have you bought this year, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/telemachus502/collection
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Songs about Fucking and Spiderland so far

have you listened to spiderland on vinyl yet?

different user here but i also bought Spiderland and yes I have listened to it and it sounds fantastic

i also have the mount eerie box coming when his new album releases and the either/or 20th anniversary edition

it's one of those records that has to be heard on vinyl. Laughing Stock is another album like that

that recently got repressed and I'm debating about buying it

So far this year
RTJ 3
The ArchAndroid
Fragile
Thick as A Brick
Life's Rich Pageant
The Mouse and The Mask
Deltron 3030
Down Colorful Hill
planning on getting most of Outkast's discog soon

Original pressings

I decided to split Outkast's discography in half. I plan on ordering the rest with my next order from amazon. I'll probably order ODB's Rtt36C at the same time

Need help ASAP:

I can buy DSOTM, wish you were here, Magical Mystery Tour, and Abby Road for a total of $35.

Is it just me or is this too good of a deal? I really don't feel like getting scammed today.

WTF so with the sudden resurgence in Outkast

>Tim Buckley - Happy Sad (Vinyl)
>Ewa Demarczyk - Spiewa Piosenki Zygmunta Konie (Vinyl)
>Pram - The Stars are So Big... The Earth is So Small... Stay as You Are (Vinyl)
>Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup (Cassette)

My friend is getting me a gift, and I showed him this for my wishlist.

Doesn't sound too bad.

Vinyl from this year so far, there are some CDs too but I don't have them on me currently.

It's a pretty average deal, I'd say. Beatles albums used to be worth a ton, but not anymore for some reason

Ok cool. On discogs it seems like you cant get abby road for less than 30 on it's own. And Wish you were here? At a local shop they have a copy right now for 25.

I guess I'm used to paying retail instead of private prices.

What condition are they in?

don't know. I've been binging ATLiens just recently and i like to buy complete studio LPs of artists at a time if i can afford them

Not much, really. I found Sunflower at a flea market for $5, so that was pretty cool.

I'm not sure yet. It's on craigslist. I emailed him and in response to my question about it, he said:
>Yes they are in really good shape.
But of course, I won't know for certain until I go see them.

haven't been able to buy a whole lot of records so far into the year

Just started collecting, really need a sleeve for Spiderland.

Oh yeah, they could be in really rough shape, but if not, it seems like an alright deal

Yesterday I picked up Sisterworld and Mess by Liars, Veterans of Disorder by Royal Trux, some really cool Jim O'Rourke drone record, Slicer by Wolf Eyes, and Fake Train by Unwound. All in the used section so I got it all for less than $70

Preordered The Great Annihilator so there's that

2016 US version is reportedly shit. I have the euro release, almost zero surface noise, I recommend.

Damn, I want The Pod and Pure Guava. I do have the original The Mollusk LP

>Clube Da Esquina
How much was that?

My most recent haul, pretty happy with it

45 bucks. Pretty expensive, but it's great.

Polysom isn't known for being the best vinyl label/plant, but there are a few exceptions.

How is the new xiu xiu record? Haven't had a chance to listen yet

This year I have bought the following on vinyl:
Paul McCartney - Ram
Yes - Close to the Edge
The Avalanches - Since I Left You (Blue Lim Edition)
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
Gang of Four - Entertainment!
Elvis Costello - My Aim is True
The Beach Boys - Endless Summer

>he only has one sleeve to his name
I don't know why I find that so funny, but you can get a pack of 100 for like $20 or so on Amazon

>an og pressing of the mollusk
Fuck dude, I'm so jealous, apparently every other version of that is pressed horribly and the first pressing goes for like $200+ online

Found it for $50, plays nicely. Not sure if it should come with an insert, but sadly it didn't have any.

My pride and joy. OG pressing

Yo let's all makes fun of his thumbnail

Fuck you it's a good thumbnail

First 3 PiL albums and I did buy an original pressing of Aphrodite's Child's 666 at the beginning of the year. Can't remember anything else if it specifically happened this year, I think I got Computer World but I don't remember when.

How'd you get 666? My friend has been looking for it for a while.

y'know I ordered this album in 2011 and it didn't come with the booklet and I forgot to send him an email. I like the record so much though that i bought a second copy just to get the booklet.

My local record store picks up cool ass shit on a whim sometimes. Sold it for $100 but luckily I had a $25 gift card for the store and I caught a 10% off promotion as well so it was more like $70 when it was all said and done.

i have the earlybird version of the new Xiu Xiu album coming but with >international shipping it will take like 6 weeks before it arrives.
Also have ordered Ariel Pink's Worn Copy but it seems to have been lost in the shuffle because i ordered it it late December and i still haven't seen any trace of it

what's the difference between the two Danny Brown ?

one is a limited edition with pink wax and the artwork is altered
other one is the normal version

oh nice
I'm only new to vinyl so personally my only colored one is the "La La Land" OST (the sound really is crappy btw, pop sounds everywhere, i've read that I'm not the only one with that problem)

Where did you get that copy of No New York and how much did you pay for it

Got most of them from Spinster Records.
Cute girl at the desk said nice things when I picked up GKMC and AE

not him but I like it

fucking bang her while listening to Godspeed You Black Emperor

I know that feel when getting Slow Riot on vinyl. It's a good ass feel.

jelly as fuck, ive been looking forward to buy them for a while now (+ knife play and a promise)

but the store is in dallas and I live 3 hours away
when i go next month i'll try though

I like it a lot. A ton of really nice and catchy tunes.

Ty Segall - Ty Segall
King Gizz - Flying Banana
Meatbodies - Alice

Bump

Got this box set lads. It came with a booklet signed by Merritt.

discogs.com/user/telemachus502/collection

Bump

I just bought the original pressing of Moth/Wolf Cub and Verdaillon.

>Demon Days

The original 2005? How much was it?

$40 canadian at my local shop. It's in pristine condition and it was so cheap because the store owner said he wanted someone to buy it and not have it sitting on a shelf forever.

So shit taste all around then?

So far, this year.

+ the white noise - love without sound
If they have a yellow sticker they're dollar bin grab

Fuck meant an electric storm
I always call it that

Autechre reissues are fantastic.

Also I should get Agaertis Byrjun, I forgot how I really like this album

Lil Ugly Mane - Fifth reissue - Limited 1000
Future - Pluto - Limited 500
Triple Six Mafia - Most Known Unknown - Limited 300

Bump

You guessed it, kid.

how much? (moth/wolf cub)

Was gonna buy laugh stock on vinyl, but everyone said the pressings sound like shit, is this true?

The only vinyl I've gotten so far was an original print of Purple Rain

So far all of this, Swans White Light is in the mail.

did you preorder The Great Annihilator reissue?

He only keep em to decorate

am i a pleb for just buying cds instead of vinyls?

I don't think so. Getting into vinyl is expensive, and there are a lot of downsides to it. It depends on your preferences.

i just like how i can take the cds with me easily and play them on the car for example

i love how vinyls look and sound, but as you say is more expensive and at the moment i dont have enough income

Nah, not really a huge fan of TGA, but I'd pre order Soundtracks in a heartbeat.

I feel ya there. Moment it comes out, I'm buying it.

I have the Back To Black EU reissue, sounds fine.

The US pressings are the fucked ones.

That blows, going to have to get my hands on that reissue then.

deep sea diving helmet looking ass

that's not a great deal since you can get a nm/nm copy on discogs right now for 27.99

The older BadaBing US reissues are terrible.

The ones released in 2016 are fine though. These are the ones available on amazon etc.

Most of the new purchases.

Holy shit I hadn't heard about this thanks m8

Been a good month.

RTJ3 hasn't come in yet

boot Loveless?

I dunno, it's a yellow pressing, there's not much about it on the web, it sounds amazing

Anyone know of a way I can get all the inserts for MBDTF? I was an idiot and didn't look at the details when I ordered it off of discogs (I should have known since it was only $21). Anyone willing to sell them? Or is there a way that I could print some new ones?

Definitely bootleg. Still waiting for the Kevin Shields-official reissue, but it's taking a fuckload of time, they were already cutting the lacquers back in June.

honestly i can't fault this pressing at all, and most definitely better than plains pressing

bump