How the heck can anybody listen to Autechre? It sounds alien and gives me a headache...

How the heck can anybody listen to Autechre? It sounds alien and gives me a headache. I'd take Ochre and Plaid over this any day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLXzSefzVWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those who do not like Autechre must be purged from the race of men.

what does this expression convey?

Listen to their earlier stuff, first two especially. Their 2000s shit sucks.

this, unironically

think he sees a cheeky cunt

You might be the musical equivalent of someone who doesn't like spicy food because it hurts their mouth. You probably like ambient techno more than Autechre's brand of experimental techno because you want your music to sound effortlessly pleasing, whereas some people like to be challenged by the music they listen to. After listening to lots of stuff that sounds the same you might be more interested in Autechre later, but you don't have to feel bad if you never get the taste for spice.

Best Autechre album go

this desu, i'll never understand why do people put them on a same level as boards of canada

Try this

if i wanted to be challenged by the music i listened to i'd just listen to harsh noise or death metal :^)

I only like them for their looks

Elseq has won me over.

he broke out of prison

ITT: people who do not appreciate abstract music production techniques

that's literally all there is to it. I love autechre, but if it wasn't for the fascination of weird sounds i don't really think it'd appeal to me.

nice trips
youtube.com/watch?v=QLXzSefzVWU

Tri rep or confield for me. Elseq 1 is fucking fantastic too.

LP5

New Autechre has more leanings towards glitch and abstract techno.

Ochre and Plaid are melodic 'IDM' that's been around since the early 2000s.

I find their music v good for anxiety in its familiar strangeness, oversteps is my favourite at the moment but i like all of their albums relatively equally apart from the first two

>Oi m8 you loik techno ye? Let me mix u sumfing

Confield but my god Elseq has so much consistently good stuff. I just keep going back to it.

wrong
this
>oi m8 get ya arse outta my club

never heard of Ochre before today. Which album should I start with?

amber or elseq or pic related

Ochre is sort of a one-trick pony but he does his trick extremely well. Check out Lemodie.

Elseq definitely

bump

They look like fucking slavs.

If you want stuff that gives you a headache and sounds alien listen to this

Untilted master race

This
That's funny
Draft

one of the more overrated merzbow releases